Match Thread: Everton v Lincoln City | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Everton v Lincoln City

My god, there are two of them trying to fit me up.....

Only in your imagination - and that of Redimps1....

Or maybe, the choice of words was deliberate to fill Redimps1's time between the visits of his nurse....
Barney
Only meant to be a bit of fun from me like others pick up on words used that can have double meanings. Been an IMP for many years as I’m sure you have.
Enjoying everything that has happened over the last few Seasons it has been a long wait since GT and CM fielded great teams and support.

Barney
Only meant to be a bit of fun from me like others pick up on words used that can have double meanings. Been an IMP for many years as I’m sure you have.
Enjoying everything that has happened over the last few Seasons it has been a long wait since GT and CM fielded great teams and support.
Sorry - wasn't intended to come across that strongly.....

Enjoying the verbal fencing (or fishing) really...

Read the post above that one to see why I liked that one...

Perturbing that I have to explain that - and more so that you trawled through 16 pages of posts to find it...
I like reading the match thread when i get home /next day after attending the game! I'm only joking honest mate.?

I'm watching a full replay, and those first 20 minutes were baffling in retrospect - we were matching them up until the first goal, and the commentators even say it was against the run of play. After that we had about 10 minutes where they were all over us and it looked grim with the second goal, but then we got ours and we were just immense from that point. It was only those 10 minutes! Can't help but wonder if the last 20 would have been different with Green still here, but what is done is done.
You mean, we would n’t have brought on Chapman to play the pass of the match. All ifs and buts!

If anybody can get BT Sport. I was in McCooleys Irish bar last night and they had a much, much better extended highlights of the match than MOTD. You'll still be able to watch yesterdays programme. Would have been on about 9pm-ish.

My reflections on an amazing day out.
Set off around 9am and somewhere between Dunham bridge and Markham Moor disaster struck as one we get a flat tyre and I'm sure quite a few of you will have seen us waiting for dexel to come and change the tyre, why do modern not have a spare tyre?
Anyway after that hold up we were back on the road again and arrived at Walton leisure centre around 1pm.
Upon arriving we were told the car park was full but found one and headed off to find food and alcohol .
Found a cracking little chippy and continued on to Goodison.
Having got there a bit later than hoped due to the tyre we didn't make it to concert square so missed out on seeing Danny with the fans pre match (what a great gesture from him to do that )
We headed to their fan zone and had a few pints (apart from Shona who had diet coke lol!)
We then joined the crazy crowd to get in ( bit of a cock up there by Everton I thought )
We had really good seats at the front of the upper tier.
First twenty odd minutes Everton showed their Premiership class as we were too deep and narrow and they just picked us off and raced into a 2-0 lead.
Then we woke up and worked our way into the game.
Queue pandemonium when bozzy scores!
For the rest of the half we kept them at arms length and created a little bit ourselves.
Second half was largely similar with vickers only making a couple of saves.
In the last 10 minutes we had a few moments too, Shackell's header, the McCartan moment and right at the end the corner but we couldn't find the equaliser.
As we headed back to the car quite a few Everton fans congratulated us on efforts.
No dramas on the way home and our big day out was rounded off much to Shona's delight with a McDonald's.
Looking forward to the final 21 games and getting the points required to get us promoted.
Our next big day out will hopefully be Notts County at the beginning of February.

I was immensely proud to be an Imp yesterday. What a battling performance .
I thought Akinde was brilliant in the first half really showed why Danny bought him.
I thought Vickers might have been at fault for first goal but having seen MOTD header was perfectly placed. Evertons second goal was a quality passing movement but pass of the game from a 17 year old playing for Lincoln. What a ball from Ellis, Mcartan could have done better with it. With all their world cup talent and multi million pound players they were sweating near the end.
The best player on the pitch was Baines by a mile only one who showed true premiership class . Our supporters were fantastic everybody singing from the youngest to the oldest I doubt Everton will have witnessed away support like that in the premiership.

Was a brilliant day. Tried to remember where we sat at Goodison the last time in 93 but memory hazy. I wonder if our relationship with Everton could be rekindled? Would be great to have some 9f their youngsters on loan.

Was a brilliant day. Tried to remember where we sat at Goodison the last time in 93 but memory hazy. I wonder if our relationship with Everton could be rekindled? Would be great to have some 9f their youngsters on loan.
We were behind the goal in the old stand which was knocked down .

31A0DC63-76BF-4D65-93E9-3C2BB2ACFF63.jpegMy view from Saturday, I think this will rank alongside anything I’ve seen by an Imps side bar those 10 mins or so when we conceded.
The set up was superb by the Cowley’s against what wasn’t far off a full strength Toffees (especially when they ended the game)
The confidence gained from this will help in the forthcoming games I’m sure, the title is there for the taking Imps ?⚪

The barnet is quite effective though. First £3:50 programme of the season, it took them a while to work out how much Chris Ashton owed for his 14 copies