Match Thread: Everton v Lincoln City | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Everton v Lincoln City

Something I forgot, decent call into 606 on the way home from the game. If that was you, you represented the Imps well, immediately followed by a Cod, who to be fair was also normal !
Much better than the calls to Radio Lincs I picked up on. If you're going to ring in, please make sure you have something to say !

No that's not what i mean at all and you know it.
No you meant Green might have come on and scored the goal to secure a draw.

I was just looking at the positive thing that happened because we did n’t have that possibility.

My bet is if Green had stayed until after the Everton match Cowley would still have looked to the future and given a 17 year old with great promise a very valuable piece of experience,in the knowledge he was equally likely to create the goal we all wanted, as would have been Green.

I just hope we can find a way to get Chapman the experience he needs as soon as possible. He has more vision and ability on the ball than our most experienced midfielders but defends like an inexperience 17 year old.

The sooner he’s got 30 or 40 league matches under his belt the better. Think a loan might be the answer?

Last edited:
The sooner he’s got 30 or 40 league matches under his belt the better. Think a loan might be the answer?

The thing with Ellis though is that he seems to be a higher division player where he would get that bit more time on the ball as per his piece of magic last Saturday. Would he get that in the National League or lower who realistically would be the likely loan destination. Doubtful. Not an easy decision either way

Pretty uninspiring 4th Round draw, feel like starting again !
Don't you believe it the media darlings will be fawning over Arse (reserves) v Manure (reserves) and will have the 4th round down as salivatingly good whilst being unable to look beyond that single tie. Then again with both sides set to fail this year they might actually put out their first teams to try and win some silverware.

Wonder if the Chapman substitution was a little farewell before he goes on loan.

Gordon would have seemed a more natural player to bring on- maybe just reading too much into it but seemed an odd switch.

Wonder if the Chapman substitution was a little farewell before he goes on loan.

Gordon would have seemed a more natural player to bring on- maybe just reading too much into it but seemed an odd switch.

Or maybe the midfield had put in so much work (and they had), that fresh legs were needed there....

I suspected DC might try and bring Chapman on for the experience and to see what he was like against higher quality opposition, especially if the game was lost. Was a bit surprised he did though with the game more in the balance. Maybe you are right Strangely, perhaps DC is considering a loan move but trying to judge what level to pitch him at. All sorts of permutations with Ellis: play him to give him experience and boost his confidence; loan him out to a lower level club to improve his durability & defending; loan him to a higher level club to develop his undoubted potential and ability (less likely as a higher level club will possibly be looking for someone who could turn a game - danger being they might want to buy him ?). All speculation.

Pett was dead on his feet and making mistakes. Central midfielder needed.

Someone said Jason Shackell went straight down the tunnel at the end of the game without acknowledging the Imps fans. Unusual for him ... does anyone know any more? Injury.. peed off cos they lost...? Anything? Would be interesting of Radio Lincs asked the question at this week's presser (though I'm sur DC would straight-bat it. Be good if this week's player for the presse was Jason.

Someone said Jason Shackell went straight down the tunnel at the end of the game without acknowledging the Imps fans. Unusual for him ... does anyone know any more? Injury.. peed off cos they lost...? Anything? Would be interesting of Radio Lincs asked the question at this week's presser (though I'm sur DC would straight-bat it. Be good if this week's player for the presse was Jason.
He hadn’t got booked and messed up all his mates acca’s and was upset about it. #BradleyWood