Match Thread: Everton v Lincoln City | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Everton v Lincoln City

But at the end of the day they support Luton, the cosmopolitan intellectual hot bed. Look mum and dad I have made it I live in Luton! Do the UN and Red Cross still operate there?

Just chatting with Luton fans mate, no peacekeepers or Red Cross required !

however big their fan base gets, they are still restricted by their ground size. whatever league they make it to. miles ahead of us in terms of moving to a bigger stadium, but probably still years away from being in it. certainly on the up, and jones is a good manager/coach that has been instrumental so far. lots of parallels with lcfc, if we can build an academy like theirs we will be doing well in that area too.

16 Jan decision day on new ground by interested parties. I believe the land has been acquired for an 18k capacity.

Well I have to apologise, for my pessimistic prediction. I have been disappointed so often by City throughout the 80's, 90's and 0tees. That doom and gloom had set in. After the first 15 minutes I thought my prediction maybe coming sadly true, so sadly distanced myself from updates and notifications for 15 minutes. When I looked again I was amazed, 2-1, and following both City and Toffee forums the Blues were worried. At the final whistle I could not have been prouder to be an Imp of 38 year, since that first game beating Darlington when 14.
I was there the last time at Goodison, and I loved it then.
We now have in DC & NC a management team that have the ability to make even me the most pessimistic of all Lincoln fans, believe the good times are back again and we can get back to division 3 (League 2), and maybe push on from there.
Bloody well done ALL the players, management and staff of Lincoln for making someone believe in you again.

Waiting impatiently for Imps on MOTD as I was in row 3 near the corner, ie front row, and couldn't appreciate the movements/pattern of the game. Forget sitting down, this was standing only for the whole game. Not pleasant to be so near to Baines +1 roasting us in the early first half on the left wing with no markers. Once city cramped his style somewhat -too late- saw a fantastic performance by the Imps. Everton very clever and skillful in the middle, but didn't convince near goal after the unfortunate period of their 2 goals. Great defending by Imps and I really thought Shay would convert Ellis' lovely pass near the end. But, what a day! And what vocal support - even without the drum! A memorable day.

There were so many players back for that lookman goal and he's tiny...

I made a point about that at half time. Of all the ways to concede the opening goal to Everton that is undoubtedly the worst possible way as it should have been playing directly into our strengths.

Very pleased with the performance after a dodgy 15 minutes when we looked in awe of our Premier League opponents. Once we started attacking then we caused them some problems and our defence & Josh Vickers handled anything else that was thrown at them. Our players and fans did the club proud today.

Interesting footnote that today's crowd (37,900) was the highest for an Everton home FA Cup Third Round tie since 1978. :clap:

I think we just fell asleep a couple of times there. Free cross for the best crosser of the ball on the park and free header. After that spell though we were awesome.

Good to see Chapman's ball again, perfect. Think it would have been a soft pen.

I didn't go today but by the reports from everyone and the result there's not enough words to say how proud I am of our Board Management & Players.
Also things got better in the League Mansfield lost and a player sent off & 2 games & 5 pts inhand of the 3rd team.

Even better Fox was sent off for Grimsby too...may be 3 game ban

As said, a thoroughly enjoyable day, the Imps on the pitch did us proud.

However, one minor gripe was our last corner in the dying minutes the delivery was pants. You just knew then our chance had gone.

Onwards and upwards some good footie by City who were superb. Shout out to Bossie, Shacks and O’Connor.

Waiting impatiently for Imps on MOTD as I was in row 3 near the corner, ie front row, and couldn't appreciate the movements/pattern of the game. Forget sitting down, this was standing only for the whole game. Not pleasant to be so near to Baines +1 roasting us in the early first half on the left wing with no markers. Once city cramped his style somewhat -too late- saw a fantastic performance by the Imps. Everton very clever and skillful in the middle, but didn't convince near goal after the unfortunate period of their 2 goals. Great defending by Imps and I really thought Shay would convert Ellis' lovely pass near the end. But, what a day! And what vocal support - even without the drum! A memorable day.
Brief coverage by MOTD, and pundits talked mainly about Lookman. Fair enough from BBC point of view. Always looking for a story. Imps winning would have been the story, Everton winning is about who shone for them.

As said, a thoroughly enjoyable day, the Imps on the pitch did us proud.

However, one minor gripe was our last corner in the dying minutes the delivery was pants. You just knew then our chance had gone.

Onwards and upwards some good footie by City who were superb. Shout out to Bossie, Shacks and O’Connor.

To be fair to Shay he has apologised for that fluffed final corner!
Think we can forgive one moment of messing up.

Brief coverage by MOTD, and pundits talked mainly about Lookman. Fair enough from BBC point of view. Always looking for a story. Imps winning would have been the story, Everton winning is about who shone for them.

TBF they did also talk about the MaCartan penalty incident. At the time I thought 'no' and for me the tv replays confirmed that, but interesting that Dion Dublin thought Zouma (who would struggle in L2 on today's showing) was taking a risk with a high boot and got away with it.

TBF they did also talk about the MaCartan penalty incident. At the time I thought 'no' and for me the tv replays confirmed that, but interesting that Dion Dublin thought Zouma (who would struggle in L2 on today's showing) was taking a risk with a high boot and got away with it.
Yes he was taking a risk, but no way on this earth that's a penalty.