Match Thread: Everton v Lincoln City | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Everton v Lincoln City

What a good night out you can have in Liverpool. We met Liam in the Cavern,what a great guy, took time from his mates to have a word with our party. A couple of bars in the old docks then into the centre. A considerable number later and a club, we return happy bunnies having experienced a fabulous day thanks to supporting the Imps

Everyone so friendly and telling us how well the team had performed and how amazing the fans were.

Time for bed

Lovely to see O’Connor being welcomed back into the loving bosom of the experts on Vitals. He was shit last week apparently.

Hope to see plenty of happy clappers following up their day trip with another to Swindon on Saturday.

Lovely to see O’Connor being welcomed back into the loving bosom of the experts on Vitals. He was shit last week apparently.

Hope to see plenty of happy clappers following up their day trip with another to Swindon on Saturday.

Think what yesterday did, again, for those who went, those who listened, is to make them Imps for life. They may or may not go to Swindon, their choice, but what they will do is spend more money at SB where it counts, whenever they can. The radio coverage yesterday nationally was brilliant and made a wider audience aware of us, Radio 5 Live did us proud, and I am sure Radio Lincs did the same.
PS O'Connor is one of our most improved players imo since the start of the season, rarely lets us down. A great day for all connected with LCFC yesterday, the future looks bright. The Cowleys are not going anywhere, why should they. UTI.

Great day, journey smooth, parked on a drive where the owner was a red, so he wished us well. Walking through Stanley Park nicejovial exchange with the locals (I have found Scousers do live up to their reputation of being friendly people). Wasn't in town, but did see Clive & Danny's Dad near the fanzone. Fanzoe was excellent, good PA announcer and a quiz with half the questions on the Imps.
Massive queue to get in the ground, think were caught out a bit, but anyway in safely and decent view in upper tier (see a few others didn't).
On to the game, started tentatively, think we had a plan but gave too much respect, a shot just over in the 1st minute and 2 down you start to wonder. But whether we changed tactics or grew n confidence got back in the game, good spell of pressure and pulled the goal back.
2nd half, Everton had more territory but didn't look anywhere near as threatening as 1st 20 minutes. It was great to hear closing stages, Imps fans roaring the team on to get an equaliser & Everton looking for the whistle. Why oh why didn't McCartan put that final corner on to Rheady's head, the stage was set ! For minute 15-90 to win that section 1-0 was incredible. Showed by Silva making two subs at half time and I bet he didn't want to use Richarlison.
Everybody played their part, but special mentions for O'Connor who I thought was immense in midfield and Bossie, who made a couple of tackles n the 2nd half that Trevor Peake would have been proud of, and I can't give higher praise than that !

9 times out of 10 we would have had a penalty there - but not complaining, we were excellent...
I'm the inverse of this, as someone else has said, we would be outraged if that was given against us. I was right down in that corner and didn't think it was pen at the time, the highlights did nothing to change my mind. A far bigger disappointment was that final corner delivery, but we should have absolutely no regrets regarding the show our boys put on.

Will be there!

Away followings will be as big as we're given at most away games, as they have been throughout this amazing period.
Will be at Swindon Yeovil and Bury myself and so on.
U can excuse people for the midweek trek to Somerset but we'll still have a large number there I'm sure.
But people's pockets are not infinite and work and/or family commitments will always prevent fans from getting to some games (some people work on Sats for instance).
And let's not put anyone down who may ONLY have gone yesterday (and likewise to Arsenal or Wembley). Days like those ARE special and it's brilliant if they bring in new fans. We all started being Imps somewhere!

Away followings will be as big as we're given at most away games, as they have been throughout this amazing period.
Will be at Swindon Yeovil and Bury myself and so on.
U can excuse people for the midweek trek to Somerset but we'll still have a large number there I'm sure.
But people's pockets are not infinite and work and/or family commitments will always prevent fans from getting to some games (some people work on Sats for instance).
And let's not put anyone down who may ONLY have gone yesterday (and likewise to Arsenal or Wembley). Days like those ARE special and it's brilliant if they bring in new fans. We all started being Imps somewhere!
Only 76 tickets sold so far to Yeovil.

I'm the inverse of this, as someone else has said, we would be outraged if that was given against us.

I agree plumbob I'm surprised it was even brought up on tv. Even McCartan didn't bother appealing for one.

In fact, the Baines clash with Anderson was far more likely to have been given then that one, and they often are despite the fact that it was a clear attempt to turn round and invite Anderson to run into him. Cheating, as it used to be called.

I'd give credit to the referee for that except that if that he'd pointed to the spot I'd have been livid. Like applauding an opponent for giving the ball back following an injury, where the only alternative reaction is rage.

I'm watching a full replay, and those first 20 minutes were baffling in retrospect - we were matching them up until the first goal, and the commentators even say it was against the run of play. After that we had about 10 minutes where they were all over us and it looked grim with the second goal, but then we got ours and we were just immense from that point. It was only those 10 minutes! Can't help but wonder if the last 20 would have been different with Green still here, but what is done is done.

Last edited by a moderator: