Match Thread: Aston Villa v Bournemouth, Sat 17th August, 3pm | Page 33 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Aston Villa v Bournemouth, Sat 17th August, 3pm

Just watched the highlights. WTF Heaton was thinking is beyond me. If he had dived in, he would have taken the ball. If he had left him alone, the ball would have gone out of play. What a div!

The second was just unlucky.

We had so many good chances in the match. Trez should have scored at least 2. SJM had enough chances to score a hat trick on another day. Wes almost got one.

In the end of the day, I think we were just unlucky.

The atmosphere was quality pre and during the game, but we’re 2-1 down in our first game back in the big time and about 7-8k have gone after 85 mins.

I guess it’s standard down VP to do that but given we were so close and nearly scored at the end I didn’t get it. If we were 2-0 down I could understand.
I cant understand it at two nil down. Remember Sheffield United last season.

I cant understand it at two nil down. Remember Sheffield United last season.

Do they actually go or are they like me start making my way down when they say there'll be X number of mins added time? I time it to perfection just as the whistle goes I'm out the gate like a shot.
I am also in the ground and my seat an hour before KO . Unlike some who turn up pissed 2 mins after Ko
The people who piss me off are those who HAVE to go for a pint 10 mins before HT WTF is that about?

See we are all different

Just watched the highlights. WTF Heaton was thinking is beyond me. If he had dived in, he would have taken the ball. If he had left him alone, the ball would have gone out of play. What a div!

The second was just unlucky.

We had so many good chances in the match. Trez should have scored at least 2. SJM had enough chances to score a hat trick on another day. Wes almost got one.

In the end of the day, I think we were just unlucky.

I hadn’t seen the extended highlights , bloody hell we looked better than I expected, less stupid and more clinical will do for me

Do they actually go or are they like me start making my way down when they say there'll be X number of mins added time? I time it to perfection just as the whistle goes I'm out the gate like a shot.
I am also in the ground and my seat an hour before KO . Unlike some who turn up pissed 2 mins after Ko
The people who piss me off are those who HAVE to go for a pint 10 mins before HT WTF is that about?

See we are all different
Yeah, definitely the 2 mins after ko and the 10 mins before ht brigade. There’s NEVER a machine gun around when you need one!

What is worrying is that Sheffield and Norwich seem to have adapted to the pace quicker than we have.

What is worrying is that Sheffield and Norwich seem to have adapted to the pace quicker than we have.

They were better than us last season like it or not. They have players that will die for the manager, I don't think we are quite there yet. We are still building our side but in saying that they don't have the players we are supposed to have but they work extra hard and never give up .
Not sure they will keep it up , time will tell

See we are all different
Its not X number of minutes 57 its a good 10 minutes before the final whistle and as you say at half time. And I fully agree with you re the piss heads who turn up after kick off. I had the misfortune to be sat by one twat up in K4 last season who was that pissed he could hardly stand, and proceeded to be a thorough bloody nuisance the whole of the game.
Why are the security staff not refusing addmision to these people. Nothing against anyone having a pint, but the state some of them get into, its a waste of the ticket money.

I hadn’t seen the extended highlights , bloody hell we looked better than I expected, less stupid and more clinical will do for me

It is weird watching the highlights of a match you were at, things that seemed so big during the match normally don't look so bad in the highlights.
The thing that has always really pissed me off, is any player who continually moans about decisions given or not given. In the long run it doesn't do them any good because they get the name among officials as a moaner and they will get less and less decisions given their way.
I've noticed in the two games so far Jack is slipping back into the moaning habit and his form suffers because of it, it gets to him. When he cut out the moaning last season, at the time he was given the skippers armband, his form improved dramatically.
Wesley is another who needs to accept that decisions will go against him and what he needs to do is make it work for him by becoming more determined to succeed.

People leaving early has always happened, don't be too hard on them as it's mostly due to transport times to get home, especially if they live a distance away.
Not being hard on people 1958, they pay their money and can do what they like, Im just making the point that the most dramatic moments often happen in the final minutes. Would hate to be walking down Witton Lane and hear the roar.

Stats, perhaps we should feed all the stats into a computer and predict the wholes seasons results and give Man City the title now, saves playing any games.
I'm not fo the computer game generation but I believe this is where most of the young get their incredible knowledge of the game from. Stats!

Stats to me are something I take for high cholesterol not for giving out MOTM awards