Match Thread: Aston Villa v Bournemouth, Sat 17th August, 3pm | Page 35 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Aston Villa v Bournemouth, Sat 17th August, 3pm

The searching debacle on the way in to the Holte continued.

Only ONE a person searching those using the right segment of turnstiles on the left side . Absolutely ridiculous. I accept that I arrived there at 1445hrs ( as normal) , but seriously, one steward searching all those people?

Anyone else get caught in that ? .

The searching debacle on the way in to the Holte continued.

Only ONE a person searching those using the right segment of turnstiles on the left side . Absolutely ridiculous. I accept that I arrived there at 1445hrs ( as normal) , but seriously, one steward searching all those people?

Anyone else get caught in that ? .

No. I prepared for the game properly and missed such delays.

Elmo got 3 bonus points in FF and Doug got 2. We played almost the entire game on the front foot which suited Elmo. I thought Doug was class apart from the step over. He is very comfortable on the ball and always looking to run forward when he gets it rather than trying to lay off an easy pass. The goal was the icing on the cake.

That is one of the reasons I turned down a few seats offered to me, when my legs are bad, I simply can't be getting up and down. The ones that leave early when the game is still close also confuse me, you wouldn't leave a film 10 mins before the end would you!? And films are cheaper than the footie.

Yes. It's not that difficult to travel to and from Villa Park.

There is no excuse to leave early from any game IMHO.

How about if your last train home left New Street at 17:25 do you mean to say you wouldn't leave before a game had finished so you could get home.

Can't see he'd have got a call as no one was near - unless it was naughty call from a Bournemouth player? Think it was just one of those he remembered someone was close earlier, but everyone had moved by the time it happened, so he ended up looking a nugget. lol

How about if your last train home left New Street at 17:25 do you mean to say you wouldn't leave before a game had finished so you could get home.

But different that. Although still a lot of money to not see the game out.

The funniest was a couple of seasons ago against Sheffield United at home where they announced the last train back to Sheffield left an hour or so before the end of the game?I think it was the one we fucked up a two-goal lead in When cabbage head was still maintaining Jedinak was a centre half

The funniest was a couple of seasons ago against Sheffield United at home where they announced the last train back to Sheffield left an hour or so before the end of the game?I think it was the one we fucked up a two-goal lead in When cabbage head was still maintaining Jedinak was a centre half

I remember a similar thing being announced Vs Bristol city when we whipped them 5-0.

I remember being at a wolves game (mates birthday I think) playing Sheffield Wednesday in the FA cup on a random night, game went into extra time and similar thing - last train to Sheffield was announced. Fair play to the Wednesday fans, not one left from what I could see. Good support the Sheffield clubs

We all watch as fans and forget that teams have a joint responsibility. What we see as Elmo's poor positioning may have been because someone else wasn't doing their job.

Everyone loves SJM, but he is not a disciplined player and could never be a DCM. Not that I want him to be one. He's a maverick and plays everywhere and that might be why he's not the first name on the team sheet for Scotland. BTW I know nothing about the game, so am only putting forward a theory. DS and his team juggle with this for us, so that we don't have to worry about it and it's what makes a manager great and us opinionated idiots :lol: