Match Thread: Aston Villa v Bournemouth, Sat 17th August, 3pm | Page 34 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Aston Villa v Bournemouth, Sat 17th August, 3pm

Welcome to the forum Steve Bruce been there done that and it failed. Get over him Hourihane is shite

It's not really the same thing. As i am aware Jack is no winger - he lacks pace for starters. But he also appears absolutely everywhere on the pitch, and quite often drifts into the left hand pocket.

It would be a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 as someone else has mentioned. The width and crosses would be primarily from the new wingbacks (if they ever get a game).

Still scratching my head as to how Billings never got sent off. They showed all his fouls on Goals on Sunday on Sky and the one on Super Jack just after he had got booked was a stonewall yellow card.

The 3rd one right on half time is a yellow, no debate.

The ref let us down on Saturday, did not do his job.

But he also appears absolutely everywhere on the pitch, and quite often drifts into the left hand pocket.

He does indeed, and some of his best work is in that area.

There was an analysis on MOTD2 last night of James Maddison against Chelsea, and he kept looking to drop into the space between the RB, CB and midfield, exactly the area you mentioned and which Jack should be occupying.

I just felt Jack looked indecisive and lacking in confidence at times (improved as the game wore on, but needs to do better) and was not helped by having a poor El Ghazi as his nearest outlet.

Yes. It's not that difficult to travel to and from Villa Park.

There is no excuse to leave early from any game IMHO.
Yes. It's not that difficult to travel to and from Villa Park.

There is no excuse to leave early from any game IMHO.

I know one old lady who sits in front of us that goes 10 mins early as she is unsteady on her feet and has to be helped up and down the steps. She goes home and away every game. You'll see her in the disabled section at away games. Saying that her seat was empty on Saturday I really hope she is ok. Villa is her life.

I left a couple of minutes early at the end of a dull 1-1 against wolves in the late 70s/early 80s. Two big cheers as I walked up Aston Lane and we’d won 3-1. Never done it since.

However, I like a pint at half time and would rather spend my money on warm bottled crappy beer at VP than giving it to a pub before or afterwards for something quality and at the correct temperature.

The catering is so poor, the employees so disinterested, that watching minutes 38-45 on a screen while in the queue is the only way to guarantee being served before the second half kicks off. Our catering facilities have a brief window approximately once a fortnight to generate revenue. The lost opportunity they present is criminal.

I left a couple of minutes early at the end of a dull 1-1 against wolves in the late 70s/early 80s. Two big cheers as I walked up Aston Lane and we’d won 3-1. Never done it since.

However, I like a pint at half time and would rather spend my money on warm bottled crappy beer at VP than giving it to a pub before or afterwards for something quality and at the correct temperature.

The catering is so poor, the employees so disinterested, that watching minutes 38-45 on a screen while in the queue is the only way to guarantee being served before the second half kicks off. Our catering facilities have a brief window approximately once a fortnight to generate revenue. The lost opportunity they present is criminal.

Yes. Catering etc is the same at nearly every ground , I thought Spurs new stadium would be better in the respect but it wasn't , still had big queues in a cramped concourse etc etc.

Yes. Catering etc is the same at nearly every ground , I thought Spurs new stadium would be better in the respect but it wasn't , still had big queues in a cramped concourse etc etc.
Yes Spurs was crap I didn't even trying to get served.