Mancienne | Page 4 | Vital Football

Mancienne

Oh so now we're talking about this past week and not just this weekend. Can we decide on a timeframe so we can compare like-for-like, please?

Also don't really get your point; I mentioned your squabbling with CP which means you can make outrageous comments? Where's the logic in that?

I'll take whatever timeframe you like. My arguments with CP are far less common than your lots soundbites. That's not the point though. I'm saying it's boring, you say the odd argument I have is boring. Fine, that's evens.

The relevance of the comment is that this is exactly what Apollyon has done. Someone has complained about the posting of a number of people and he has responded as above.

I actually have respect for Apollyon and I'm surprised that he is actually trying to defend taking the piss out of disabilities. Like I said, it was different when someone was saying something out of order to him.

Oh dear.

I have a few arguements here and there with CP (none this week at all that I can remember).

Now you have pointed that out to me presumably that gives me carte blanche to say the most inappropriate, outrageous and bang out of order thing I can possibly think of in retaliation.

That about right?

Is it. IS IT? Thought not

I'll take whatever timeframe you like. My arguments with CP are far less common than your lots soundbites. That's not the point though. I'm saying it's boring, you say the odd argument I have is boring. Fine, that's evens.

The relevance of the comment is that this is exactly what Apollyon has done. Someone has complained about the posting of a number of people and he has responded as above.

I actually have respect for Apollyon and I'm surprised that he is actually trying to defend taking the piss out of disabilities. Like I said, it was different when someone was saying something out of order to him.

So why on earth are you bringing up Apollyon's comment to FF59 with me? I wasn't involved it has nothing to do with what I'm saying here.

My original point was that you are just another in a long line of hypocrites who label other people boring for posting the same stuff yet they do the same things themselves (even if you haven't repeated anything this weekend; but then again, neither have I).

So why on earth are you bringing up Apollyon's comment to FF59 with me? I wasn't involved it has nothing to do with what I'm saying here.

My original point was that you are just another in a long line of hypocrites who label other people boring for posting the same stuff yet they do the same things themselves (even if you haven't repeated anything this weekend; but then again, neither have I).

It's not like for like at all, but if you wish to defend your actions that way then go ahead.

In fairness you post far more about actual football recently and seem to have changed quite a bit. For what it's worth I have enjoyed talking about football with you over the last few months

Oh so now we're talking about this past week and not just this weekend. Can we decide on a timeframe so we can compare like-for-like, please?

Also don't really get your point; I mentioned your squabbling with CP which means you can make outrageous comments? Where's the logic in that?

Its only a few tmes though AC.

Deluded

Who has a disability Pope? FF59? I met him once there was nothing that suggested he was disabled to me, he did spit on me when he spoke though.

Now kindly do one

I m still here...i dont think we have to chose were to post do we ? This is a democratic world after all...i m not posting much to be honest because there is nt much to say...apart from the usuall gossip ...most of it has been repeated for weeks now...i m waiting for the proper pres season to start nd see what the new Forest will look like... till now we have just signed a 34 yeard and alot of speculation on many others...nithing more...

I m still here...i dont think we have to chose were to post do we ? This is a democratic world after all...i m not posting much to be honest because there is nt much to say...apart from the usuall gossip ...most of it has been repeated for weeks now...i m waiting for the proper pres season to start nd see what the new Forest will look like... till now we have just signed a 34 yeard and alot of speculation on many others...nithing more...

Femocratic!

I'm with you all the way on that one, sister # me too

Nd by the way...nd talking on Mancienne...if he goes to Scotland he will a star...apart from playing Celtic in the other games he will look solid nd dont take as a surprise if Liverpool will buy him after 2 years for 25 million...so we should put a sell on clause in the agreement..?

Just seen a post on Coventry Telegraph asking for information on a mid - 60s man spotted masturbating in the bushes in a pub beer garden

Owd Shaggy

When a forum manager condones an attack on a personal disability, then that forum has lost all moral integrity and isn’t a forum that I want to be part of.

I didn't say that I condoned it - far from it.

I thought you had more to you than the petty telling teacher mentality.

"People in glass houses should not throw stones".

You criticise the forum and get an attack which I dealt with - but, because I do have a life, I was actually with family/friends - much like today - glorious weather, now sat outside, on m,y garden having been raising money for a local charity until 5pm.

As for moral integrity - I could find posts from pretty much every user that would challenge most!

Just some Random thoughts:

FF9 - I am sorry you feel this way about the forum. I am sorry about what happened. I hope you want to post but that choice remains to you. As far as a disability goes, if you could have sent alert to make me aware of what the issue is, I could have done something about it last night. I only know people on this forum from their online posting so if there is something happening that I am not aware about let me know. I don't want to know your personal life but sometimes you need to communicate. I generally don’t post much because I really don’t have much to say but I am reading the forum so I am out here at least 3 times a day.

Moderation – This is generally an unmoderated forum. When OKD and I do get assertive in our moderation attempts the board feels that we are censoring or disrupting the free flow of information. When we ease up on the moderation we are “enablers” in the personal attack. Given this environment, we moderate best we can. All forums deal with this from time to time. Again communication between moderators and forum members is key and there is the alert function. No one here uses it. Try it sometime. If you need our attention use it. Also since I am a Yank what I perceive as benign could be a personal attack, so let me know. If a post is over the bounds. We will warn the poster and if the action continues we will ban them for a time. Might I also suggest something to the forum that could help OKD and me? That is post as if you are talking to that person in the flesh. Own your words.

Other Forums- If someone doesn’t want to post here that is their decision. I personally enjoy reading what everyone has to say so hopefully that person will continue to post here from time to time. I think what the moderators of those other forums will soon discover that moderating a forum is an art form, not an exercise in Integral Calculus. There are no hard and fast rules. Sometimes I am guilty of letting some of the puns in threads go on in threads but I do enjoy some of the puns members come up with but that is my fault.

Off Topic - There is a sub forum for those issues. Try using that sub forum. We allow some off topic comments in our Forest threads because if we didn’t the entire Forest sub forum would be under off topic.

Conclusion – This is your forum. OKD and I do what we can to balance free flow discussion with forum rules. I understand that not everyone will agree with what we do (or in some cases not do) and they may want to go elsewhere, hopefully they will still post here because there are people like who me who are interested in what they say because I learn from them.

We all enjoy Forest Football even if we can’t attend matches. Let's not lose sight of this.

There was an alert - I was out last night and make no apologies for that. I dealt with it this morning - responding to Pope & FF59 and editing/removing the post whilst issuing a warning.

I'm going back to the back garden soon - ice cold San Miguel - glorious sunshine - I have my priorities.