Mancienne | Vital Football

Mancienne

Mancienne to Rangers!

Please tell me this is not an elaborate wind up.

If it is true, there really is a God

Celtic can start to look at 14 or 15 in a row never mind 10.

And for 1.35m it will be an absolute bargain; I hope Vrentzos does not agree to pay a penny more to get rid of him.

Can't see Mancienne being other than 5th option at CB and 3/4th option at either LB or RB. If we could get anything for him I would take it. Got to be a wind up.

MM is a good player, but suffers from confidence issues - also not vocal.

Alongside a good centre half, MM is an asset - but probably time for a fresh start for him.

Such a complete overreaction to how bad mancienne is. He's been the biggest scapegoat for the last 2 years and it's a classic case of people labelling a good performance an average one and an average one a bad one.

A bad one (I admit this season, he's produced more than In previous years) is labelled "get out the club, you're the worst defender in years". He'll do fine wherever he goes.

I agree with Will but my view was from a standpoint of he is 5th in line for CB position with one year to go on contract. If we can get any decent money for him now then do so as we will get nowt in 12 months time. His confidence was shot after a couple of poor games mid season. Think crowd will get on his back quite quickly. May be best served getting a good deal elsewhere where he will give his all as he always does.

Such a complete overreaction to how bad mancienne is. He's been the biggest scapegoat for the last 2 years and it's a classic case of people labelling a good performance an average one and an average one a bad one.

A bad one (I admit this season, he's produced more than In previous years) is labelled "get out the club, you're the worst defender in years". He'll do fine wherever he goes.

Mancienne has had a poor season and has made significant mistakes. We aren't talking the little errors that all defenders at this level make that lets in an attacker- we are talking about some absolute game changing whoppers. Hull, Arsenal, Cardiff are the first three that spring to mind- all goals that came from absolutely shocking errors.

The plain fact is that he has made enough of those whoppers that a significant number of fans no longer trust him.

When you don't trust a player you do pick up on more of those little errors.

He isn't a scapegoat; he has been the architect of his own poor reputation, certainly this season.

He has been the mainstay of a defence that has conceded 137 goals in the last 92 games. I cannot fathom how anyone could ever see that as a cause for praise rather than embarrassment.

He's been poor for a long time now. Granted he's been playing in a poor team for several years, but he has been a big part of that poor team; he isn't a good player who's been playing with shite.

He's had one truly good run of games which was the beginning of the 2014-15 season after Pearce signed him. It seemed that as soon as he was handed the captaincy it all went badly for him and he's never truly recovered.

If he's sticking around as a back-up then fine, but I don't really want to see him anywhere near the starting 11 next season if it can be helped.

He’s not nearly as shit as the bastarts & shitehawks suggest but he’s not been worth his rumoured wages for a while. I’d say that’s a fair price & this could be a good deal for everyone.