Mancienne | Page 2 | Vital Football

Mancienne

It’s easy to see why so many people are deserting this “crock of shit” forum. Will the last person out, turn off the lights ?

Not that I'm telling you to as I like debating with you, but you have said this a couple of times now.

Perhaps time to shit or get off the pot?

If Dan has opened a new forum it will be exactly the same as last time. Lots of comments about 'all the best posters moving there' (very much a matter of opinion) and about it being a 'haven of reasoned debate'- which is code for a forum in which everyone is of the same opinion.

It will soon become as lively as the Sahara desert.

They originally set their old place up as a schism forum over the Fawaz debate. The pro Fawazers all went over there in exasperation at the Fawaz skeptics.

I'm sure not one will admit it but they were on the wrong side of history there.

I can't be arsed with all the stupid banter comments either, but at least on this forum people will disagree with you and there really isn't any point in debating unless people do that

Not that I'm telling you to as I like debating with you, but you have said this a couple of times now.

Perhaps time to shit or get off the pot?

If Dan has opened a new forum it will be exactly the same as last time. Lots of comments about 'all the best posters moving there' (very much a matter of opinion) and about it being a 'haven of reasoned debate'- which is code for a forum in which everyone is of the same opinion.

It will soon become as lively as the Sahara desert.

They originally set their old place up as a schism forum over the Fawaz debate. The pro Fawazers all went over there in exasperation at the Fawaz skeptics.

I'm sure not one will admit it but they were on the wrong side of history there.

I can't be arsed with all the stupid banter comments either, but at least on this forum people will disagree with you and there really isn't any point in debating unless people do that

Well it’s intelligent posts such as yours that tempts me to persevere with it. Maybe a more judicious use of the ignore button, would make this forum more tolerable by removing some of the repetitive crap, that wasn’t funny first time round.

It hasn’t escaped my attention that people who used post on here regularly now post over there. Malta, The Jock, McDurban amongst others. I suppose I’ve mentioned it more than once, in the vain hope that those that post the divisive, abusive crap realise the effect it has on other posters. I know when I’m beat though, nothing I say will make a damn bit of difference. So I’ve got to either put up with it or jog on.

Well it’s intelligent posts such as yours that tempts me to persevere with it. Maybe a more judicious use of the ignore button, would make this forum more tolerable by removing some of the repetitive crap, that wasn’t funny first time round.

It hasn’t escaped my attention that people who used post on here regularly now post over there. Malta, The Jock, McDurban amongst others. I suppose I’ve mentioned it more than once, in the vain hope that those that post the divisive, abusive crap realise the effect it has on other posters. I know when I’m beat though, nothing I say will make a damn bit of difference. So I’ve got to either put up with it or jog on.

I'm not aware of any of them saying they are leaving and all will be back soon enough if they have.

Jock threatens to leave whenever he gets challenged by somebody but always returns (which I'm glad about actually).

You yourself used to be abusive and pretty awful, but people change. There are perhaps a couple of people on here that the forum would be better off without but that's what life is like. You ignore them.

It's the close season. This is about as good as this forum has ever got in June unless a takeover has been happening. Transfer news is light but that will change soon enough and we have a world cup starting next week that will get some good threads going. I think the forum is pretty good actually and there seem to be a few newish posters appearing or older ones starting to post again. On the first page of threads as I view it on my phone there are 21 different thread starters. That's not a dying forum in my opinion.

When the new members of COYR get bored of talking about how good that forum is and how bad this one is it will be just like here but with less members and less chance of attracting new ones (especially if they put up a registration wall as they did on the last one)

I'm not aware of any of them saying they are leaving and all will be back soon enough if they have.

Jock threatens to leave whenever he gets challenged by somebody but always returns (which I'm glad about actually).

You yourself used to be abusive and pretty awful, but people change. There are perhaps a couple of people on here that the forum would be better off without but that's what life is like. You ignore them.

It's the close season. This is about as good as this forum has ever got in June unless a takeover has been happening. Transfer news is light but that will change soon enough and we have a world cup starting next week that will get some good threads going. I think the forum is pretty good actually and there seem to be a few newish posters appearing or older ones starting to post again. On the first page of threads as I view it on my phone there are 21 different thread starters. That's not a dying forum in my opinion.

When the new members of COYR get bored of talking about how good that forum is and how bad this one is it will be just like here but with less members and less chance of attracting new ones (especially if they put up a registration wall as they did on the last one)

Last one??

It’s easy to see why so many people are deserting this “crock of shit” forum. Will the last person out, turn off the lights ?

No one forces you to read. Go and find one that has fellow fans that dont go to matches and yet profess to know the ins and outs of the game

Last edited by a moderator:
Mancienne is a superb defender on his day, but has made some horrendous mistakes lately. If a good offer has arrived it might well be time to sell.

I don't see why you need to complain about a forum that is your choice whether you visit or get involved in?

I posted a few days ago - that almost all forums are the same and, as an adult, you have to rationalise that there will be those who agree/disgree with what someone else posts. Love it or loathe it - Vital has been around for a while and hopefully will continue.

Personally - I don't feel the need to swear and, in the main, attempt to try and keep posts pertinent to the subject matter.

Your post generated a response, at 10pm on a Saturday - that I would expect - I fully agree that posters should not personally attack others, however - I would also ask that you think about the post you make and the response that could yield.

I don't see why you need to complain about a forum that is your choice whether you visit or get involved in?

I posted a few days ago - that almost all forums are the same and, as an adult, you have to rationalise that there will be those who agree/disgree with what someone else posts. Love it or loathe it - Vital has been around for a while and hopefully will continue.

Personally - I don't feel the need to swear and, in the main, attempt to try and keep posts pertinent to the subject matter.

Your post generated a response, at 10pm on a Saturday - that I would expect - I fully agree that posters should not personally attack others, however - I would also ask that you think about the post you make and the response that could yield.

When a forum manager condones an attack on a personal disability, then that forum has lost all moral integrity and isn’t a forum that I want to be part of.

I have to agree with FF59 that your response to this is deeply disappointing.

Apollyon's comment in context was absolutely appalling and miles out of order. It was in no way a proportionate response to FF59's (admittedly unnecessary, but still not personal to anyone) post.

Instead of calling out Apollyon you effectively brush an horrible personal comment aside and stand with the bully. This is not the first time by any means that comments that are absolutely miles past the line have gone with virtually no response.

The consequence is that there is no line on this forum and the rules are a nonsense. You want us to self moderate: fine. But if you aren't willing to do anything when people go beyond the acceptable and even back the perpetrators then you'll end up with a forum that deserves its criticism.

Reactions: PVH
Just some Random thoughts:

FF9 - I am sorry you feel this way about the forum. I am sorry about what happened. I hope you want to post but that choice remains to you. As far as a disability goes, if you could have sent alert to make me aware of what the issue is, I could have done something about it last night. I only know people on this forum from their online posting so if there is something happening that I am not aware about let me know. I don't want to know your personal life but sometimes you need to communicate. I generally don’t post much because I really don’t have much to say but I am reading the forum so I am out here at least 3 times a day.

Moderation – This is generally an unmoderated forum. When OKD and I do get assertive in our moderation attempts the board feels that we are censoring or disrupting the free flow of information. When we ease up on the moderation we are “enablers” in the personal attack. Given this environment, we moderate best we can. All forums deal with this from time to time. Again communication between moderators and forum members is key and there is the alert function. No one here uses it. Try it sometime. If you need our attention use it. Also since I am a Yank what I perceive as benign could be a personal attack, so let me know. If a post is over the bounds. We will warn the poster and if the action continues we will ban them for a time. Might I also suggest something to the forum that could help OKD and me? That is post as if you are talking to that person in the flesh. Own your words.

Other Forums- If someone doesn’t want to post here that is their decision. I personally enjoy reading what everyone has to say so hopefully that person will continue to post here from time to time. I think what the moderators of those other forums will soon discover that moderating a forum is an art form, not an exercise in Integral Calculus. There are no hard and fast rules. Sometimes I am guilty of letting some of the puns in threads go on in threads but I do enjoy some of the puns members come up with but that is my fault.

Off Topic - There is a sub forum for those issues. Try using that sub forum. We allow some off topic comments in our Forest threads because if we didn’t the entire Forest sub forum would be under off topic.

Conclusion – This is your forum. OKD and I do what we can to balance free flow discussion with forum rules. I understand that not everyone will agree with what we do (or in some cases not do) and they may want to go elsewhere, hopefully they will still post here because there are people like who me who are interested in what they say because I learn from them.

We all enjoy Forest Football even if we can’t attend matches. Let's not lose sight of this.

Really? Is this really happening?

Some people love to continually dish it out but hate getting a bit back.

If you slag me off, i'm going to come back at you. If youre going to talk football, i'll debate with you.

I also didnt know you could get a blue badge for a speech impediment but I will look into it for my verbal dyspraxia (woe is me)

Really? Is this really happening?

Some people love to continually dish it out but hate getting a bit back.

If you slag me off, i'm going to come back at you. If youre going to talk football, i'll debate with you.

I also didnt know you could get a blue badge for a speech impediment but I will look into it for my verbal dyspraxia (woe is me)

You were out of order. From a nothing comment by FF59 about banter rubbish that is really old now to you going for the jugular with the most hurtful thing you could possibly say about him.

Given your reaction to another poster's comments about you and particularly your family (which I also thought were appalling) I was surprised that you went that personal.

It was out of order. Have the good grace to admit it.

Reactions: PVH