Love Thy Neighbor. | Page 6 | Vital Football

Love Thy Neighbor.

Football will bite you on the arse. Just when you think you have cracked it, made it you will suffer a fall. I gave up piss taking other fans i know a while ago becuase it will come back to haunt you. I remember lording it over the baggies i know when we were routinely winning and competing in the MON days. Thought thats it, we are on our way, highly rated manager and rich chairman. Looks what happened five years later.

The baggies season ticket campaign for the season after we got relegated had the tag line 'One'. This was meant as a reference to them being the only team from the west mids in the premier league. Pathetic. 2 years later?. Like i said football will bite you on the arse. Just when you think you have made it, paying £120 grand a week to a PSG loanee , £80 grand to Agent Barry. Look at Stoke, Southampton, clubs running their course in the premier league. Just when they thought they have made it.

The point to this?. Fair play to Wolves, far and away the best team in the league, thoroughly deserved to go up. But, i would be cautious, don't get delusions of grandure, don't think you have 'made it', don't lord it, it will bite you on the arse eventuall. You are miles from consistantly competing at the top end of the premier league. The baggies finshed 8th a couple of years ago. Can happen, but year after year?. History is not kind to clubs like Wolves going up. If the ambition is mid table, established premier league club then that is achievable but then what? Top 6?. Forget it, closed shop.
Agree good post, all we can do is wait & see.I know some wolves fans are saying we're gonna finish top 6 we're gonna do this we're gonna do that, but believe me 95% of Wolves fans know its gonna be tough.
Our owners have promised major funding in the prem & have stated their ambition is to have Wolves competing in Europe within 3 yrs.
Who knows its a gamble, but with Jorge Mendez & Fosuns wealth we can all dream.???

Our owners have promised major funding in the prem & have stated their ambition is to have Wolves competing in Europe within 3 yrs.

This suggests the Chinese know nothing about football. Our very own Dr Tony said we'd be Champions of Europe within 10 years. It's not looking too likely at the moment, I have to say.

This suggests the Chinese know nothing about football. Our very own Dr Tony said we'd be Champions of Europe within 10 years. It's not looking too likely at the moment, I have to say.
In fairness Fosun have so far put there money where ther mouth is, also in the media last week our owners are worth over £60b & rising saying with Fosuns worth we are the second riches club in the country.
I know before anyone says thats not Wolves wealth, but still it is nice to know we have wealthy backers who have real ambition for us.
Since fosun arrived the differance down the Mol. is huge ask any Wolves fan. Must admit I've got a really good feeling for the first time in many years.
They've give us Nuno, Neves, Jota, Willy Boly, Costa , Cavielero etc.... These players would get in any prem team.
So proof will be in the once we reach the prem.

GOOD LUCK TONIGHT ???

Suppose the only thing about that Dr Toni is not as wealthy as our owners even though money doesn't guarantee success.?

Pleased for Wolves fans that they can once again taste success. I can recall the days of John Richards, The Doog, Steve Bull, some good players in gold and black over the years. I really worried when The Bhati's dragged Wolves to the brink of extinction in the bottom division - dark days and it would have been a travesty to have seen a founding member of the Football League like ourselves suddenly no more. Wolves have a proud history, trophies, a big fan base. In many ways they are very similar to the Villa. You've been the best team this season, I don't think you've been out of the top 2 places, and deserving of your top position. It would be great to see the 2 biggest clubs in the Midlands plying their trade in the top division again.

This is why its important for you to go up this season undertstand a lot of your players will be sold if not.
Believe me it gets harder the longer you stay down there.
Like you say let us enjoy our day in the sun, with Nuno, Fosun, & Jorge Mendez in charge hope theres many sunny years ahead?????

Just having seen that goal by Neves got me thinking that Wolves may have a problem keeping certain players. There will be teams looking at them and we all know what happens when the big boys come calling.

Just having seen that goal by Neves got me thinking that Wolves may have a problem keeping certain players. There will be teams looking at them and we all know what happens when the big boys come calling.
Dont be to sure, as I've said previously We aint going in the Prem. just to make the numbers up, Fosun have huge plans for Wolves, selling Neves is not one of em.
He's on a long term contract & has said him & his family are loving life & settled in Wolverhampton. It goes with the territory the big boys will come, but he snubbed Liverpool & Man Utd in favour of Wolves.
He knows Fosuns ambitions for Wolves so lets wait & see.???

Dont be to sure, as I've said previously We aint going in the Prem. just to make the numbers up, Fosun have huge plans for Wolves, selling Neves is not one of em.
He's on a long term contract & has said him & his family are loving life & settled in Wolverhampton. It goes with the territory the big boys will come, but he snubbed Liverpool & Man Utd in favour of Wolves.
He knows Fosuns ambitions for Wolves so lets wait & see.???
Steady on Dave, I know it's been a long time but I'm beginning to feel a "champions of the world" vibe. You'll have to do a Man City to keep the vultures off your best. The Premiership's an ugly place where money is god and loyalty means nothing. Just ask Fabian Delph, known to us as the snake.

Indeed, lets wait and see. But just because Neves says he happy etc, how many times have we heard that from a player only to move on after forcing a move. There is very little loyalty in football nowadays.
And i will be very surprised if one of the following, Chelsea, Man united, Citeh come in for your players they will not go. Are you really going to compete financially with those and also be able to offer trophy wins aswell. Can't see it. Its a closed shop , you won't break into it.
Arsenal cannot keep players and lose them to the above clubs (van persie, Sanchez, Giroud etc) , likewise Liverpool (sterling), Leicester win the league and the likes of Drinkwater, Kante and soon to be mahrez. And saying what grand plans Fosun have is one thing, doing it is another.

Fosun could spend like lunatics in season 1, 2 and 3 and year 4 unless club revenue sky rockets (not just TV money) they'll hit an FFP wall and still be decades behind the City's, Chelsea's, United's etc.

Villa 'could' do exactly the same and the sensible outcome is be content with top ten, Europe would be overperforming.

There's a reason Leicester's title win was such a one off since the rebrand.

Steady on Dave, I know it's been a long time but I'm beginning to feel a "champions of the world" vibe. You'll have to do a Man City to keep the vultures off your best. The Premiership's an ugly place where money is god and loyalty means nothing. Just ask Fabian Delph, known to us as the snake.
No No, I'm the most pessimistic Wolves fan & all. I'm saying is Fosun will have to put their money where their mouth is for sure.
Neves wouldn't of signed unless he new the clubs plans, unless the club spend big in the prem. I'm sure your right he'll probably be .off.
IN FOSUN WE TRUST.??

Fosun won't be allowed to Dave - that's the point. They'll hit a wall and you won't have caught up with the top 6 in terms of spending as their turnover is far greater giving them far more leeway.

If Fosun have a real plan, it has to be in off pitch (non FFP classification) involving greater matchday revenue without pricing out fans - Stadium expansion etc to boost turnover quickly.

This is the Mendes effect though, you honestly don't know if he was told 'sign for Wolves for 2 years, if you hit ground running your value will double and instead of warming Liverpool's bench, you can make the move having staked a first team claim'.

Yes but Dave , spending big does not guarentee anything. And spending big for a club like Wolves could seriously be a disaster. And what is spending big anyway?. Big for wolves standards or big enough to compete with the top 6 let alone top 2. Any wolves fan that thinks they will be breaking into the top 6 permanently needs to give their head a wobble.