Love Thy Neighbor. | Page 5 | Vital Football

Love Thy Neighbor.

The question is about as relevant as asking whether Pep would have done a better job than Bruce .
Because,Nuno is not our manager, never has been and most likely never will be. So can't really see the point in asking it.

Not having a pop either, just being honest.
I was just asking if you think Nuno could have got more out of the Villa team than Bruce.???

Yeah I know what you were asking. I just don't really care for the question because it's completely theoretical. I only care for what is happening with Bruce right here right now. No point in shoulda, coulda, woulda scenarios in my humble.

You know what when we played wig and at home in the league cup it was one of the most enjoyable games this season. The play was open and expansive with what seemed like energy all over the pitch.

Bloody wolves fans have come out of the woodwork this season that’s for sure, my old mates travelling up and down the country in their numbers for once

Hi BodyButter, No mate what club in the World wouldn't want one of the most powerful agents in football to turn to.
We know alot has been made of Uncle Jorges influence on our signings, but lets not forget, John Ruddy(free), Ryan Bennett(free), Barry Douglas (£1m) also Nuno has improved existing players since he arrived i.e. Connor Coady who was not a regular in the team last year(Contender for player of the season this year).
Matt Docherty another Nuno has improved (Contender for player of the season)
Danny Bath, a much more assured defender now.
So its not all about Mendez signings.
Some of Mendez's signings aren't working out, Roderick Miranda defender (£2m) be surprised if he's kept on next season.
Leo Bonnitini, after a great start his goals have dried up(5m option to buy) wont be kept on me thinks.
So its not us just relying on uncle Jorge as you can see, some of our best players are not the big money signings.
Dont get me wrong it is great having Mendez to call on, & I'm sure Villa would love to have his contacts.???

To be honest, I'm very suspicious of his motives and I'm concerned that it will all end very badly for Wolves. I've always had a soft spot for Wolves so I hope it all works out great for you guys.

To be honest, I'm very suspicious of his motives and I'm concerned that it will all end very badly for Wolves. I've always had a soft spot for Wolves so I hope it all works out great for you guys.
Well the years of torture we've suffered in the past we'll just enjoy the ride ???.

Bloody wolves fans have come out of the woodwork this season that’s for sure, my old mates travelling up and down the country in their numbers for once
I'M sure I've seen you post yourself after you beat us on one of our sites,apologies if not you.???

Haha and they're on this site posting regular for god knows why
I'm 55 now & been goin down the Mol. well over 40 odd years, its like anything. put a good show on & people will want to come.
I've seen the good times & bad, relegated through all 4 Divisions, at one point on the verge of collapse.
One thing we've always had though is fantastic support if the team performs.
Only 3 yrs ago we were getting between 25-30,000 gates in Division 1, taking 10,000 away at the MK Dons which is a record for away support there.
So if people come out of the woodwork great they've always been there just waiting for success.
A full ground is better than a half empty stadium.
...???

Dave I have no issues with wolves a well supported traditional football club, unlike our near rivals small Heath who struggle to get 15k into their hovel.
I wish you well in the prem league and hopefully we will be there too albeit via a more elongated route

Dave I have no issues with wolves a well supported traditional football club, unlike our near rivals small Heath who struggle to get 15k into their hovel.
I wish you well in the prem league and hopefully we will be there too albeit via a more elongated route
Unlike them in sandwell as well, their gates dropping in the Prem.
All they keep banging on about is cause they've been in the Prem. for 8 yrs, where's it got em, skint havin to ask for a bank overdraft, Good riddance to em.????

What wolves fans need to do is not fall into the trap of being small time like the shit and the Tesco bags. For all our years in the top flight I didn't celebrate wolves demise as I was only interested in us, yes I would laugh at the other two piles of shit but that was it.

Football will bite you on the arse. Just when you think you have cracked it, made it you will suffer a fall. I gave up piss taking other fans i know a while ago becuase it will come back to haunt you. I remember lording it over the baggies i know when we were routinely winning and competing in the MON days. Thought thats it, we are on our way, highly rated manager and rich chairman. Looks what happened five years later.

The baggies season ticket campaign for the season after we got relegated had the tag line 'One'. This was meant as a reference to them being the only team from the west mids in the premier league. Pathetic. 2 years later?. Like i said football will bite you on the arse. Just when you think you have made it, paying £120 grand a week to a PSG loanee , £80 grand to Agent Barry. Look at Stoke, Southampton, clubs running their course in the premier league. Just when they thought they have made it.

The point to this?. Fair play to Wolves, far and away the best team in the league, thoroughly deserved to go up. But, i would be cautious, don't get delusions of grandure, don't think you have 'made it', don't lord it, it will bite you on the arse eventuall. You are miles from consistantly competing at the top end of the premier league. The baggies finshed 8th a couple of years ago. Can happen, but year after year?. History is not kind to clubs like Wolves going up. If the ambition is mid table, established premier league club then that is achievable but then what? Top 6?. Forget it, closed shop.

Last edited: