Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 10 April @ 3pm - Sky | Page 32 | Vital Football

Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 10 April @ 3pm - Sky

As Luiz was getting a few pelters recently I watched him quite closely yesterday to see if I was drastically wrong in defending him.

He had a decent game tbh. Pick of the midfield, possibly best of our 11. Of course not near the high standards he has set. But looked like he was getting some form back.
And of course , he was prepared to battle on when the bench were saying come off which is the sort of character I want in a villa side.
All I remember Luiz doing of note was getting injured oh and booked again. Nothing player this season gone miles backwards.

You've laid into a few there cola and rightly so but I cannot believe you have not mentioned Traore who is a disgrace and is taking the piss. Worst signing ever at £20m
I did have a dig at him mate. How many times has he gone off looking like he has taken a rifle to the ribs.... he looks in agony... looks like broken ribs. But no. Just a tiny bruise. Absolute pussy hole. Cant stand this modern day footballer pain barrier. They all need a slap.

No he shouldnt be starting, but how ironic is it that he nearly won the game for us second half.
What does that say about the rest of the squad.

If they were solely picked on effort Trez would be one of the first in. We've seen the pack shuffled numerous times but not the ideas and tactics. Dean is an intelligent man and he will understand that his credentials, as well as his players, are under scrutiny.

I actually doubt Smith has a massive say in signings, given the resources we have put into the recruitment team. It will be interesting to see who comes in and what Smith does with them.

One things for sure is that Smith will be under a lot more pressure next season.
I hope that we make some top signings in the summer but that is then and this is now. We are not getting relegated and are not going to get into Europe, so why are we not playing some of the emerging kids who have all been lauded and given new contracts. They are OUR players and not loanees. They will be here next season and not out of contract or likely moved on. There is no way that Taylor, Elmo and Engels will feature next season but they occupied 3 bench spaces and there was only Ramsey who has come through the ranks. I know the argument is that they are inexperienced, but the only way to get experience is to play. They might be a bit raw, but at least they will try hard to impress and work for the shirt. But no, let's play Barkley and watch him go through the motions and then send him back to Chelsea in a month's time.
I don't get it! The mantra of not winning anything with kids may be true, but are not out to win anything for the rest of the season anyway - except pride and maybe, just maybe, the kids might make us proud.

I hope that we make some top signings in the summer but that is then and this is now. We are not getting relegated and are not going to get into Europe, so why are we not playing some of the emerging kids who have all been lauded and given new contracts. They are OUR players and not loanees. They will be here next season and not out of contract or likely moved on. There is no way that Taylor, Elmo and Engels will feature next season but they occupied 3 bench spaces and there was only Ramsey who has come through the ranks. I know the argument is that they are inexperienced, but the only way to get experience is to play. They might be a bit raw, but at least they will try hard to impress and work for the shirt. But no, let's play Barkley and watch him go through the motions and then send him back to Chelsea in a month's time.
I don't get it! The mantra of not winning anything with kids may be true, but are not out to win anything for the rest of the season anyway - except pride and maybe, just maybe, the kids might make us proud.
All our first team are inexperienced, I think perhaps Matt Targett has played the most PL games? The likes of Watkins and Cash it's their first season Even Martinez at 28 has hardly played at this level, It's actually quite remarkable that we haven't been relegated.
From top to bottom the whole set up lacks experience at this level, Purslow Terry and Shakespeare being the exception really.
No excuse they set out the formula and they take the credit when things go well and they must take it when things are sliding

Yes we should definitely give some of our youngsters a go now, 8 games left to go with nothing really to play for if this isn’t the right time to play them then it never will be. Not that they should all start but at least getting game time off the bench. If nothing else it’s puts them in the shop window to get a decent loan spell next season.

Regardless of how much Leeds are hated by our fans, they do play attractive football. We need to start doing that soon without Jack. Been getting bored watching our games since Jack has been out. Man city up next and what better team than ours for them to get back to winning !
Since new year Man City have won 24 and lost 2 in all competitions, they aren’t exactly out of form. They’re the best team in the PL by a country mile. If we got anything from that game it would be an amazing result

I must’ve missed the bit where Traore limped off, I thought he was just subbed.

How many times this season can he limp off? He has the mental strength of snow in the desert. The reason he got injured at Newcastle was because he backed out of a shoulder barge.

I must’ve missed the bit where Traore limped off, I thought he was just subbed.

How many times this season can he limp off? He has the mental strength of snow in the desert. The reason he got injured at Newcastle was because he backed out of a shoulder barge.

I think there is a player in there, but he seems a confidence player. When he’s on it he’s a real danger, but when he isn’t he offers next to nothing. The Bert from December/early Jan looked quality

I think there is a player in there, but he seems a confidence player. When he’s on it he’s a real danger, but when he isn’t he offers next to nothing. The Bert from December/early Jan looked quality

I think it purely depends on opposition with Bert. Against the bottom 5 when you have a strong side and more possession, you want him on the pitch. The other 28-29 games of the season he’s a great option for the bench, but we have to improve on him in the window. I’ve seen too much of him to know he isn’t going to take us forward next season

No he shouldnt be starting, but how ironic is it that he nearly won the game for us second half.
What does that say about the rest of the squad.
He could have won us the game yes, he nearly lost us the game with a silly back heel right on HT when VAR saved us but as a player, he isn't PL level.
I can't blame Trez he didn't pick himself.

we need a solid 4 in midfield or go 3 at the back or something because these wingers aren't cutting it.

If only we had Booby Firmino, he trapped a football with nobody within 20 yards of him and got some freak wow out of Carra.

Seriously Trez starting says it all, he shouldn't even be making the squad, shuffling a pack with 3 jokers in isn't going to work.
I just despaired when I saw that starting line up because deep down every single one of us could see how the game would pan out before a ball was kicked.
I like Dean but he doesn't seem to see what we see and if he doesn't come up with something he will lose his job.
He has enough advisers or probably too many
Surely Dean sees what we all see. We've made great strides forward this season. I was a critic of Dean last season for persisting with wide men who rarely cut the mustard. Coaching staff know the limitations of Trez,Anwar and Traore and let's trust that better players are already lined up for next season.Kids look a talented bunch but majority, History tells us, will fall by the wayside. Dean ,for me,remains in credit but Aston Villa come first,hopefully with Dean at the helm. Owners are the Carlsberg saviours, future looks bright so some tough decisions ahead for Dean and co . Ron Saunders put the football club first and last so let's believe that Dean is capable of wielding the axe.

If they were solely picked on effort Trez would be one of the first in. We've seen the pack shuffled numerous times but not the ideas and tactics. Dean is an intelligent man and he will understand that his credentials, as well as his players, are under scrutiny.

I doubt he is an intelligent man. If he were then he would have played KD from the start or at least given him enough game time as a sub which he did not. To me an intelligent manager would have thought to himself that KD unexpectedly was able to do something which affected the outcome of the previous game so why not try him out for a period of time to see how it goes as currently what he has been doing without Jack is not working. And what is worse is that despite some mentioning how weak their defence was he absolutely should have played KD to cause them trouble and create chances for Ollie but instead brings on Barkley who has not done shit in a long time ! And in fact ended up being counterproductive !!

We could still finish top 8, giving the kids ago is a bizarre suggestion. There's still something to play for.

Do you honestly feel given how we are struggling to get a win and in poor form since 2021 especially without Jack we have what it takes to finish top 8? Leeds have gone above us and I am expecting Arsenal to do the same as well later tonight.