Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 10 April @ 3pm - Sky | Page 35 | Vital Football

Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 10 April @ 3pm - Sky

Nope, but we're far from being the only team in the PL playing as if we're tired.

According to Purslow we had 10 first team players test positive plus 4 staff.
Jack didn't have it and it wasn't first-team players it was a squad including all those kids who trained with the squad so that was 25 plus another say 10.
Like I said the club is not using it as an excuse

I think Dean is quite capable of making his own excuses and Covid hasn't been one of them so why fans feel the need to make excuse for him and the players I don't know.
It might just be that we've hit the wall with our underutilised squad, Image if we'd had to play another 15 games in Europe on top we'd be bottom 3 now
He would get hammered if he used that excuse and also I think he said the stats said the physical effort hadn't dropped , but mentally I am not so sure.

He would get hammered if he used that excuse and also I think he said the stats said the physical effort hadn't dropped , but mentally I am not so sure.
I think something happened at HT during the Burnley game, they came out after a brilliant first half and got turned over and since then they seem drained of confidence to play like that again. Jack not playing is a big psychological hit as well

Jack didn't have it and it wasn't first-team players it was a squad including all those kids who trained with the squad so that was 25 plus another say 10.
Like I said the club is not using it as an excuse

Regardless of who had it, I agree like you said, Dean would have surely mentioned it. As far I am concerned, it should have obviously affected them physically, which it does not seem like it did. We were just as poor in the championship when Jack was out during that 14 game period. Once Jack returns, we will go back to being much better and then we won't be mentioning covid ever again !

Why does it have to be one thing ?.

It doesn’t and it isn’t.

In no particular order, all these things could play a part. Some may have , some not.

Losing SJ
The covid outbreak at the club.
The pandemic situation in general - no crowds, rearranged finish to the season, going into a new season fairly quickly , the transfer window being where it was.
Sprinting so quickly to 40 points along with the mentally draining end to last season now taking a toll .
Actually our recruitment is not as great as some thought and we have over achieved up to this point and we are now finding our true level.
Our squad is developing.
Poor decision making and ability to adapt from the manager and coaches compounded by a lack of quality in the squad to change things sufficiently anyway.

Last edited:
Have you had covid or ever heard of mental fatigue ?
Whilst we all can agree that covid is not something you’d want, footballer or not, the fact that the manager is incapable of moving direction from his chosen path has nothing to do with a respiratory disease

And the last 15mins against Fulham when things did click, did not seem to show any signs of any tiredness within the team.

The team at times look like they have M.E not covid 19.

It doesn’t and it isn’t.

In no particular order, all these things could play a part. Some may have , some nit

Losing SJ
The pandemic situation in general - no crowds, rearranged finish to the season, going into a new season fairly quickly , the transfer window being where it was.
Sprinting so quickly to 40 points along with the mentally draining end to last season now taking a toll .
Actually our recruitment is not as great as some thought and we have over achieved up to this point and we are now finding our true level.
Our squad is developing.
Poor decision making and ability to adapt from the manager and coaches compounded by a lack of quality in the squad to change things sufficiently anyway.

Add Cash being out. Elmo just isn't the same player. Killed any attacks down the right.

It doesn’t and it isn’t.

In no particular order, all these things could play a part. Some may have , some nit

Losing SJ
Our squad is developing.
And that is what's known as a catalogue of excuses.
Every club has issues we are not unique

It doesn’t and it isn’t.

Losing SJ
Our squad is developing.

Completely agree with that. However some people want someone to blame when things don’t go as they want.

We're not mate - Spurs prove that - but there's no such thing as perfection either. We are simply not in a position to carry 2 players who are out of form and whatever reason floats anyone's boat, we're carrying more than that each and every game as for whatever reason, the spark, confidence, arrogance has gone from our play.

Natural form, rebalancing, Covid (not necessarily the infection but the fixture list after on top of no training), momentum blah blah blah - each only needs to have a 1% impact to build up and again, for how crap we have been in 2021 - Ollie buries his second against Newcastle or Trez hits the net against Liverpool and we're all singing a different tune.

Didn’t suggest they were excuses . Didn’t suggest we were the only club with issues.

But there are reasons why we are in some poor form , so was suggesting a few.

Thought you would like them tbh as they were pretty much all negative :thumbup:

I am so happy that Jesse Lingaard has regained his form and will now be fully deserving of a start in the national team whereas this useless waste of space just jogs along as if he is an England regular and does not need to put in any effort to be in the team.
I presume we aren't allowed to terminate his loan spell ? Otherwise why would we not have done so.