Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 10 April @ 3pm - Sky | Page 30 | Vital Football

Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 10 April @ 3pm - Sky

Barkley was excellent when he first came here so you have to wonder what has gone wrong. Looks like a player to me that can't wait to get as far away from VP as possible. Today it was like he hadn't been given any instructions on where to play.
Did well v liverpool at VP. Scored v Leicester. Since then nothing apart from the saints header....another game we should have lost btw.

Just dont have that midfield presence. McGinn is another one. Plays well or at least scores for Scotland but is 4 out of ten for us.
Luiz may have been marginally better today than recent showings but it's a very low base he's moving from, absolutely no contribution of any worth , no presence, floaty crisp packet player with a guaranteed yellow card thrown in.

I was really skeptical about the Bielsa way, but say what you will, there is no way we beat Man City with 10 men. It would not shock me in the least if Edens or Sawari were to say to Deano, you have hit your ceiling, bye bye, thanks for everything.

The stuff we have been churning out since the beginning of this year has been insipid. Easily the worst in terms of quality. I cant remember us putting more than three passes together in the whole game. What is worse, I really can't see what we are trying to do from match to match.

Carra was being kind when for the fiftieth time, he said that Villa give the ball away too easily. We need three decent midfielders to come in if we are not to return to battling against relegation next season.

Sorry, but I would be putting El Ghazi, Trez, Nakamba, Sanson up for sale.
Not counting Barkley, who at the moment is on par with what Drinkwater had to offer.

I hope the new scouts are out scouting.

I was really skeptical about the Bielsa way, but say what you will, there is no way we beat Man City with 10 men. It would not shock me in the least if Edens or Sawari were to say to Deano, you have hit your ceiling, bye bye, thanks for everything.

The stuff we have been churning out since the beginning of this year has been insipid. Easily the worst in terms of quality. I cant remember us putting more than three passes together in the whole game. What is worse, I really can't see what we are trying to do from match to match.

Carra was being kind when for the fiftieth time, he said that Villa give the ball away too easily. We need three decent midfielders to come in if we are not to return to battling against relegation next season.

Not counting Barkley, who at the moment is on par with what Drinkwater had to offer.

Bloody hell, Sanson wasn’t even in the squad and he’s getting slated!

I’m really struggling with the Sanson hate. I see a promising player

Even with jack since January we have been poor. Cant think of a single game that was impressive. Maybe the grind out v Arsenal.....
Since then it's got worse and the points buffer has been the only comfort. Smith wont be replaced until we are bottom 6 next season.

Bloody hell, Sanson wasn’t even in the squad and he’s getting slated!

I’m really struggling with the Sanson hate. I see a promising player

Not really hate. I am more disappointed than anything else. I was hoping that we had got a £30 million player for half the price and possibly a potential French international. I am prepared to give him the rest of the season to get up to speed, but tbh, he has shown nothing to get me excited. Just short safe passes so far, not exceptional pace, no great strike, not particularly strong in the tackle, no long raking passes. A bit vanilla really, when I was hoping for hot chocolate fudge sundae.

Regardless of how much Leeds are hated by our fans, they do play attractive football. We need to start doing that soon without Jack. Been getting bored watching our games since Jack has been out. Man city up next and what better team than ours for them to get back to winning !

That was a gut punch at the end. Crap game, nothing game with teams badly out of form. This season is petering out to a damp sqib of an ending but after the drama of not knowing what league we'll be in till the final whistle of the season 3 years running mid table mediocrity in the Premier league isn't the end of the world.

The worst thing about this crap run is that for the most part we'd have won a lot of these games if you stick a half in form Grealish which just shows how reliant our attack is on hin. Defensive wise we're miles better than we were, though it would be nice if our more forward players didn't give the back 5 so much to do. We know where the focus in the transfer market is going to be this summer.

Not going to go into performances bar 1 but Ross Barkley, what us going on in your head. This season was your big chance and to be quite honest you've blown it. His pathetic, timid run and nothing before they scored summed him up. He looks completely not arsed.

I'm revising my predicted finish to 12th. Can't see us winning many more games this season. If we strengthen properly in the summer there's no reason why we can't push for Europe next season though. That's the expectation I have, perfectly reasonable based on staying up last year, being comfortable mid table this year.

Yeah bloody hell sansom needs time. See what he is like next season before judgements, only fair.
BARKLEY will remain my most hated villa player ever. Hate him.
AEG today showed why he is not good enough. Like always offers zero and when he has the ball inexplicably just runs into 3 defenders and loses it. He has scored a handful of goals yes. But apart from the odd goal he is woeful. Im sorry, he is just terrible.
Back 5 we have zero worries.
Ollie is a class act.
But as stated its all about the wingers. I do love trez for his workrate but apart from that the quality just isnt there. But id keep him.
But we need prem ready, quality wingers in the summer who can cross a ball and dont pretend they have broken a rib every game.
As some have also said... i dont get the love in for Luiz. Dont think he is all that and we could do with a declan rice kind of player in summer too.

Yeah bloody hell sansom needs time. See what he is like next season before judgements, only fair.
BARKLEY will remain my most hated villa player ever. Hate him.
AEG today showed why he is not good enough. Like always offers zero and when he has the ball inexplicably just runs into 3 defenders and loses it. He has scored a handful of goals yes. But apart from the odd goal he is woeful. Im sorry, he is just terrible.
Back 5 we have zero worries.
Ollie is a class act.
But as stated its all about the wingers. I do love trez for his workrate but apart from that the quality just isnt there. But id keep him.
But we need prem ready, quality wingers in the summer who can cross a ball and dont pretend they have broken a rib every game.
As some have also said... i dont get the love in for Luiz. Dont think he is all that and we could do with a declan rice kind of player in summer too.
You've laid into a few there cola and rightly so but I cannot believe you have not mentioned Traore who is a disgrace and is taking the piss. Worst signing ever at £20m

Sure it has been said but Ross Barkley should not even make the match day squad for the remainder of the year. Half-asses it. Can't be bothered to even care. He is not our player, and most importantly, he is absolute rubbish. McGinn, like others needs the odd game off so he can stay fresh. That is what I see is our biggest issue..... Squad Depth. I am still very optimistic for our future and with some legitimate depth we will be well positioned for top 7 next year.

Above all else, we need to develop a winning mentality, the players are doing what some fans have done ie we've stayed up we have more points than last season etc etc.
I personally don't give a fuck where we were last season, I'm more concerned with where we could have been this season had we had the right attitude.
The players have regressed to plucky losers much to the delight of Carra and Co
The manager and players need to sit down and get back to clean sheets, far too many chances were given to Liverpool yesterday, I and suspect many others were waiting for the inevitable collapse,
1-0 up at HT the luck was with us, they were there for the taking. Where was the urgency of the last few games of last season, it wasn't there was it?