Josh Magennis | Page 5 | Vital Football

Josh Magennis

Hardly be missed let’s be honest. I wonder if the ROI trio get call ups we’ll call it off? Got tickets now so it’ll be a bit odd if they’d put them on sale knowing a postponement was likely.

When is this next round of joke international games? Could these not be played at the end of the season? It is just beyond the joke now.

He’s not the best. And like all forwards need proper support it’s clear he doesn’t fit into our style of play. But doesn’t help. When idiot fans. Who have never played the game at any. Level. Shouting get of the pitch you fat ba……..d. Before he had kicked a ball. Disgusting.
D

I never understand why any fan gives their players abuse heading onto the pitch.

If a player had been awful, it was the full time whistle and the fans were upset then it's makes some may feel the need to give them an earful as a response.

But if a player is coming into a game and they hear their own fans shouting at them before they've even had a chance to do something wrong it's not going to do anything but undermine their confidence and concentration immediately before you need them to perform. As a fan you are making it more likely the player and your team fail. Even if you do think the player is rubbish or dislike them for whatever reason it's completely counter productive as if they fail the team fails.

There are plenty of players over the years we probably all didn't rate and we groan to ourselves when we see them coming on, but the last thing anyone wants to do is make them play even worse by your response. If anything you're thinking 'please prove me wrong!'.

Last edited:
I never understand why any fan gives their players abuse heading onto the pitch.

If a player had been awful, it was the full time whistle and the fans were upset then it's makes some may feel the need to give them an earful as a response.

But if a player is coming into a game and they hear their own fans shouting at them before they've even had a chance to do something wrong it's not going to do anything but undermine their confidence and concentration immediately before you need them to perform. As a fan you are making it more likely the player and your team fail. Even if you do think the player is rubbish or dislike them for whatever reason it's completely counter productive as if they fail the team fails.

There are plenty of players over the years we probably all didn't rate and we groan to ourselves when we see them coming on, but the last thing anyone wants to do is make them play even worse by your response. If anything you're thinking 'please prove me wrong!'.

Kal Naismith for instance. :arrghh:

The problem is that some people don't think players are human beings and that shouting abuse that them is fair game.

Kal Naismith for instance. :arrghh:

The problem is that some people don't think players are human beings and that shouting abuse that them is fair game.

Not to defend it but I think that booing he got against Brentford was a catalyst for his performance to jump about 5 levels up. It seemed like it motivated him to prove people wrong and he never looked back after that.

But i imagine he is the exception rather than the rule and for every Kal Naismith who responds to the boos like an absolute champ, you probably see another 10 players crumble when faced with similar.

Not to defend it but I think that booing he got against Brentford was a catalyst for his performance to jump about 5 levels up. It seemed like it motivated him to prove people wrong and he never looked back after that.

But i imagine he is the exception rather than the rule and for every Kal Naismith who responds to the boos like an absolute champ, you probably see another 10 players crumble when faced with similar.

Was and still is shameful that any Tic's player should suffer abuse from our own fans, although I agree to some degree that the booing on that night was aimed at the manager not the player nevertheless it was wrong.

Was and still is shameful that any Tic's player should suffer abuse from our own fans, although I agree to some degree that the booing on that night was aimed at the manager not the player nevertheless it was wrong.

Rubbish the fans pay the wages of these dead beats they are more than entitled to have a voice!

Shankly got it spot on years ago when he told the players " You are playing for them" meaning the fans!

Rubbish the fans pay the wages of these dead beats they are more than entitled to have a voice!

Shankly got it spot on years ago when he told the players " You are playing for them" meaning the fans!

The fans do have the right to voice their opinion but how we treat players from the stands does impact their performances on the pitch. So it's not a case that fans can't ever show their displeasure but when and how we do it can potentially be cutting off our nose to spite our face.