Josh Magennis | Page 4 | Vital Football

Josh Magennis

I saw Magennis for Northern Ireland look an absolute beast of a target man in the past in one of the few occasions and I thought 'he'll be right up our street' when he was linked.

So i'm not sure if that was a one off and he's normally not like that or if he's lost his confidence or something - but so far we've not seen any trace he can play that role. I know our long ball is a nightmare for our strikers but he hasn't looked like he has it in him to play target man.

I cant see him scoring 20 last season if he was playing the role we are asking him to do. So for his sake and the rest of the team let's hope we stop trying to play balls at his hesd as if he was the new Heskey when it doesn't seem like he can.

Recommendation ..... proof read what you've written before you post. If he "ain't a weak as piss", what is he as weak as? ;)

The 3 bullets are right though, aren't they.

PS: Agree re Vokes.

There was an s, so an as, not an a. But a missing half before it.

Whilst your bullet points may have been correct, I don’t attribute the cause of their poor defending to Magennis.

There was an s, so an as, not an a. But a missing half before it.

Whilst your bullet points may have been correct, I don’t attribute the cause of their poor defending to Magennis.

It's never good to misquote someone when you're taking the piss out of them!!! :slap: :arrghh: , but you got my point. ;)

As to their poor defending ........ would you have attributed any of it to fatigue? :whist:

It's never good to misquote someone when you're taking the piss out of them!!! :slap: :arrghh: , but you got my point. ;)

As to their poor defending ........ would you have attributed any of it to fatigue? :whist:

Not really no. They had a comfortable first half and weren’t under sustained pressure. All basic defending really. They conceded five at hone to Cheltenham on Saturday so I think the simple answer is they are just crap.

Not really no. They had a comfortable first half and weren’t under sustained pressure. All basic defending really. They conceded five at hone to Cheltenham on Saturday so I think the simple answer is they are just crap.
Fair enough ... I just don't see the point of us losing our rag by half time, when we've done a bit of simple probing, trying not to expose ourselves too much, and not wanting to go "all out" too soon.

Reading some of the comments on here at half-time would have had the reader thinking we were in the dropzone.

Im someone who likes to give people time. But in the games ive seen Magennis including last night, I'm sorry but I'm not really sure what he brings to the team. Humphrys always looks hungry & up for it. I'd definitely be giving this lad more game time.

We have a squad of players. The starting line up weathered an early onslaught from a strong Wycombe team last night. They gained control of the game and then Liam made changes to finish them off.

Every one of the players played their part. And our travelling fans added to that.

Everyone has a right to constructive criticism but some on here are focused on negatives that simply don’t exist.

Magennis caused Wycombe a lot of problems last night. He will add goals in the coming weeks.

We have a squad of players. The starting line up weathered an early onslaught from a strong Wycombe team last night. They gained control of the game and then Liam made changes to finish them off.

Every one of the players played their part. And our travelling fans added to that.

Everyone has a right to constructive criticism but some on here are focused on negatives that simply don’t exist.

Magennis caused Wycombe a lot of problems last night. He will add goals in the coming weeks.
Magennis is ineffective, not match fit and often like playing with ten men. we rarely do well when he is in the pitch. We often start playing and scoring goals when he leaves the pitch

Caused em problems? He went off with us one down! Been bloody poor in every game and can't remember him fashioning a chance on goal or creating much.

Magennis makes Pat Gavin or Neil Morton look like Pele and that's being generous.
In his defence our negative football does not do a striker much favours.

Magennis makes Pat Gavin or Neil Morton look like Pele and that's being generous.
In his defence our negative football does not do a striker much favours.

Not according to a few of our new found supporters...he'll score a hatrick one of them said behind me...absolute clown armchair supporter

Disappointed last night when he moved into a blatant offside position after a great bit of skill by Keane.View attachment 56163

Not that I want to see him offside when we are breaking but as you can see from the photo he is attracting the attention of three of their players with a forth over on the left also looking towards him. This gave Keane the opening to play in Darikwa on the left or Lang on the right, so maybe him being offside was not a bad ploy.

Was this not the play were Darikwa hit the outside of the boot pass that Callum hit the post with ?