Josh Magennis | Page 6 | Vital Football

Josh Magennis

Anyone thinking this is the start of something I fear are very much mistaken.

Took his goal well but did little else. I accept he didn’t score but Stockton demonstrated what a target man can do, strong in the air, good control and bringing others into play.

Took his goal well but did little else. I accept he didn’t score but Stockton demonstrated what a target man can do, strong in the air, good control and bringing others into play.

TBF MiW, he played well today as he did against Crewe midweek....cut him a bit of slack eh, fair few of us on here have been critical of him ( myself included) but to say he 'did little else' is a touch too far....he won the majority of balls played up to him, did plenty of closing down, ran the channels & was very much a handful for the Morecambe defenders.....if that's doing 'little else" I'll be happy if he carries on like that for rest of the season😉

Told you all before weeks ago Mageniss would be another Charlie Wyke....Took a few games to get going then BANG!

Watch this lad go now.......

When we signed Wyke he was more of a Will Grigg type finisher than an out and out target man - so he looked like a fish out of water fit at first in the role we asked him to play. But gradually he adapted and became very good in his new role.

I think when we looked around the market in January we apparently wanted Ched Evans on loan which would've been a very good fit for what we wanted. But once he started playing well and was no longer available there wasn't another player who fit the role who was available for the price we were willing to pay. So the plan was perhaps to sign a player with the physical attributes who maybe wasn't playing the exact role elsewhere and given time expect him to also adapt like Wyke did.

But it just wasn't working, so thankfully we've adapted and are playing in a way that suits Magennis much more and starting we are starting to get something out of him.

When we signed Wyke he was more of a Will Grigg type finisher than an out and out target man - so he looked like a fish out of water fit at first in the role we asked him to play. But gradually he adapted and became very good in his new role.

I think when we looked around the market in January we apparently wanted Ched Evans on loan which would've been a very good fit for what we wanted. But once he started playing well and was no longer available there wasn't another player who fit the role who was available for the price we were willing to pay. So the plan was perhaps to sign a player with the physical attributes who maybe wasn't playing the exact role elsewhere and given time expect him to also adapt like Wyke did.

But it just wasn't working, so thankfully we've adapted and are playing in a way that suits Magennis much more and starting we are starting to get something out of him.

If we put decent crosses in for him he will get on the end of them, although I think you are more or less spot on I also think he has adapted his game to suit us more, his movement has increased substantially in recent games.

Can I suggest that reflects on the coaching ability of LR and his staff, who imo have no problem changing and adapting their style when needed.

If we put decent crosses in for him he will get on the end of them, although I think you are more or less spot on I also think he has adapted his game to suit us more, his movement has increased substantially in recent games.

Can I suggest that reflects on the coaching ability of LR and his staff, who imo have no problem changing and adapting their style when needed.

It could also be that his fitness levels have improved as a result of game time and the fact that when he arrived he was also carrying a knock.

They've been coming all his career. They were always going to start coming with us too. Why would anyone who knows owt about football think otherwise?