Jorge Grant & Adam Jackson Update | Page 4 | Vital Football

Jorge Grant & Adam Jackson Update

The second world war has got feck all to with an EFL fixture in 2012.
Perhaps the relevance is that if young men could fill that onerous role then we should all show some faith and trust in our young inexperienced players/men of this generation; and be less stressed out at all the injuries and disruption ourselves.

Perhaps it is us that need to sit back, while they step up with confidence and show, 'no worries, we got this'.

Not buying it guys.Comparing a game of football to a World war ?Nah...

Yesterday I spoke with my friend Mike Heaton, now 95 and an ex navigator on Lancasters flying out of Skellingthorpe. He thought that in spite of their young age, his and his crews survival was based on the leadership of their pilot, the commitment, belief and trust they had in one another, and a huge element of luck.

In some ways it is not actually that different to what we will need in our next few games.

Yesterday I spoke with my friend Mike Heaton, now 95 and an ex navigator on Lancasters flying out of Skellingthorpe. He thought that in spite of their young age, his and his crews survival was based on the leadership of their pilot, the commitment, belief and trust they had in one another, and a huge element of luck.

In some ways it is not actually that different to what we will need in our next few games.
I suppose the same applies to Panzer tank crews if your going down that route or maybe the crew of the Enola Gay.It's bull shit .We are playing Fleetwood mate not fire bombing Dresden

I suppose the same applies to Panzer tank crews if your going down that route or maybe the crew of the Enola Gay.It's bull shit .We are playing Fleetwood mate not fire bombing Dresden

Obviously a game of football is nothing like going to war, but numerous posters above have pointed out why the comparison was made.

I took from the post, that age is irrelevant, it’s the leadership and organisational skills that are required.

Extra bad news, regarding Jackson getting injured as well.

Palmer
Poole, TJ, Montsma, Roughan
McGrandles, Edun
Scully , Johnson, Rodgers
Hopper

would probably be my eleven for tomorrow, I would bring Edun in to the left side of a holding middle two with McGrandles.

I don’t think he would be a massive lost to left back, as he he had a bad second half getting caught out of position on Saturday, even though I think he had shown improvement in recent weeks.

For me Jones constantly goes missing in matches as the game seems to pass him by, we need a couple of combative midfielders, who are regularly in the game.

Without wishing to tempt fate or probably to be more exact injury,McGrandles has been excellent in the games since his return.

I too have been pondering giving Tayo a go in midfield. Let’s see what happens but he may just be one answer to the problem, he certainly has the energy.

Palmer

Poole Montsma Eyoma Bramhill

Jones Edun McGrandles

Rogers Hopper Scully

Johnson coming on late if required, a bit of steel in midfield. These boys are more than capable of bringing the points home tomorrow.

I also find this glamourisation and obsession with the Second World War a little bit...weird. I dunno, it's just not very tasteful and strangely seems to be perpetuated by the generation that didn't have any role in it.
I'm with you on that Gis. I personally think it's time to change the narrative. It's 2021(.I know this because the wife confirmed it.) Zombie by the Cranberries comes to mind.

Good lord.No they are not .Whatever attributes we require tomorrow evening have absolutely nothing in common with piloting a Heavy Bomber aircraft and dropping tonnes of bombs onto a target some where over Europe over 70 years ago now do they?

They don’t in the same sense and importance as obviously WW2 and it’s not something I would think to compare it to my self.

I don’t think you have taken it in the way the original poster meant and I was able to see the sort of comparison he was alluding to.