Jorge Grant & Adam Jackson Update | Page 7 | Vital Football

Jorge Grant & Adam Jackson Update

Yep, I reckon we’ll have everyone back fit by about - June - so we can have a good tilt at the run-in - oh, er hang on 🤔😳☹️

"Tougher", at least that appears to be our present course.
As MA says, time for all the players to step up and take charge to show what they can really do. If they want, and think they are good enough, for the Championship - now’s the time to show it. Come on you Imps 👍👏

Time we all recalibrate our expectations i think. Although our slip and slide is disappointing, like most I predicted a top half finish would show clear signs of progress. We are still on course to achieve that with room to spare. We are still over achieving. Should we fall short this season, we have a strong base for next season. The plans are not derailed.

Time we all recalibrate our expectations i think. Although our slip and slide is disappointing, like most I predicted a top half finish would show clear signs of progress. We are still on course to achieve that with room to spare. We are still over achieving. Should we fall short this season, we have a strong base for next season. The plans are not derailed.

I suspect without an injury list as long as we have we'd still be grinding out results.

Anything top-half is progress and on-plan, as you rightly say.

I see where you're coming from, but there is no salary cap next year and with some big clubs coming down, we will be up against it. It feels like we have such a great opportunity this year, and it would be a huge shame not to be able to take it.

I see where you're coming from, but there is no salary cap next year and with some big clubs coming down, we will be up against it. It feels like we have such a great opportunity this year, and it would be a huge shame not to be able to take it.
I’m with you, we have definitely benefited from clubs not going crazy in the summer thinking a salary cap was coming in.

We can still do it this season, I have every faith in MA and the players. Next season would be much harder

Agree with this. However far we are ahead of expectations, we have to take advantage this season if we want promotion.

The bigger clubs will have more money next season, crowds will be back, and our expectations might have to be lowered to challenging for a play off place instead of challenging for automatic promotion as we are now.

Yep I've seen the big clubs and their take overs etc. I get that perspective. However with another year of Apps coaching etc then we will have very solid foundations. Incremental progress as a club. I am not saying I would not take promotion this season, but we are undoubtedly way ahead of schedule. Just want to keep the current disappointment in perspective.

the salary cap is not in place now, the "big clubs" are just crap with their spending. We are very efficient with the purse - if it was points per pound spent (PPS) we would be massively in front of the league.

That's why Sunlan call us a pub team - because they spunk millions up the wall and are no better then us, where as we actually cut our costs from last year and are still higher up.

If the clubs don't have the money it doesn't matter if you are big or small you cant spend it. Those that do spend it when they don't have it will do a Wigan.

I think we are at the cross road this season - if we can stop the rot and get back the injured players we still stand a chance of being in the mix.

I’m with you, we have definitely benefited from clubs not going crazy in the summer thinking a salary cap was coming in.

We can still do it this season, I have every faith in MA and the players. Next season would be much harder
It also looks like Sunderland and Ipswich may well be getting their houses in order and will be more dangerous next year. That is if Sunderland don't manage to go up at our expense this year, which is looking increasingly likely.

Haha - Unbelievable Jeff seems to be back in spirit on this thread - lots of negativity filtering through!!

I do appreciate the last set of games haven't gone as planned, but we were always going to have a blip at some point, better now than the last 10 games. I reckon we will be fighting fit with when we reach the last ten - still going to predict that we win the league, tough but achievable.

I don't think that MA will be settling for a "top half" finish.

Last edited: