January Transfer Window | Page 11 | Vital Football

January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
From memory he has no league goals, no open play league assists and is part of the forward line of the 3rd (?) lowest scoring team in the league. The fact he’s immediately back on the bench whenever Mandriou is fit speaks volumes. If his weaknesses is his final ball, do you really think that’s going to change after 100+ league appearances and at the age of 26? He’s part of the problem, not part of the solution.

I think in a better side that created more chances in the final third he'd look a lot better though, some recent games no forward would look good. Barely get the ball yet alone have chance to create an assist or score a league goal, could have anyone up there.

I don't think he's pulling up any trees or anything, but I wouldn't totally slag him off based on output at the moment.

Are requirements have suddenly changed I think. It looks like virtue may be out for several weeks. He is the only competitive ball winning midfielder we have. We need someone similar especially if we continue to set up with only two in the middle,

Listening to Radio Lincs at 6 and Mark K mentioned about Garrick leaving opened up a space for us to bring Harry in.

No idea who Harry is but maybe the scarf might be out tomorrow.

Are requirements have suddenly changed I think. It looks like virtue may be out for several weeks. He is the only competitive ball winning midfielder we have. We need someone similar especially if we continue to set up with only two in the middle,
House in midfield, Kendall up front. That's that sorted.

If it is Harry Boyes, Forest Green fans don’t seem overly complimentary.

Not to say he wouldn’t be a hit here, of course.

Wonder if we stick to 5-2-3 then Kennedy will start using Roughan on the left side of central defence (assuming that’s where he sees his long-term future).

To do so, we would need a natural left wing-back, so I wouldn’t be shocked to see one come in.

From memory he has no league goals, no open play league assists and is part of the forward line of the 3rd (?) lowest scoring team in the league. The fact he’s immediately back on the bench whenever Mandriou is fit speaks volumes. If his weaknesses is his final ball, do you really think that’s going to change after 100+ league appearances and at the age of 26? He’s part of the problem, not part of the solution.
Hmm, get what you say but I think Mandriou has it in him to play other positions and has more imaginative and controlled passing in the final third, but Vernam tends to be either left or right wing. Having said that I wouldn’t be surprised to see Vernam on the left (assuming Diamond goes at some point) but I think the key is that when we attack there is not enough support for House or Hopper, especially from the midfield - they are not close enough in support and attacking the ball in and around the box.

Last edited:
For some reason people don’t seem to be talking about Teddy Bishop on here, but I’m pleased to hear MK mention him in the interview. As for a combative midfielder (with the injury loss of Matty Virtue) Lasse can play that role but he is less effective on the creative side. Great to hear Lewis is getting game time in behind doors games and upcoming B Team games. Fingers crossed he comes through those OK and back in the first team squad in the next couple of weeks. Not sure we’ll get Tayo or Scully but we said that about TJ and look what happened there. Still think we need an experienced midfield general who can put his foot on the ball and control the midfield, but they are few and far between, and expensive).

For some reason people don’t seem to be talking about Teddy Bishop on here, but I’m pleased to hear MK mention him in the interview. As for a combative midfielder (with the injury loss of Matty Virtue) Lasse can play that role but he is less effective on the creative side. Great to hear Lewis is getting game time in behind doors games and upcoming B Team games. Fingers crossed he comes through those OK and back in the first team squad in the next couple of weeks. Not sure we’ll get Tayo or Scully but we said that about TJ and look what happened there. Still think we need an experienced midfield general who can put his foot on the ball and control the midfield, but they are few and far between, and expensive).
As good as Teddy is you can't rely on him being fit, so he just feels like a bonus player if available. I actually think Montsma could play the holding role in midfield. Technically good with an eye for a pass and obviously good in the air and in the tackle, he'd be perfect to screen the defenders.

As good as Teddy is you can't rely on him being fit, so he just feels like a bonus player if available. I actually think Montsma could play the holding role in midfield. Technically good with an eye for a pass and obviously good in the air and in the tackle, he'd be perfect to screen the defenders.
Entitle agree. I said that months ago and a few people said no 😡

It will be a good indication tomorrow of whether MK really does rate Bishop.

If he selects Bishop and Sanders orSorensen in midfield, then he probably does.

If its Sanders and Sorensen he selects, he clearly doesn't think Bishop is relaible enough fitness-wise to be ahead of Sanders and Sorensen.

It will be a good indication tomorrow of whether MK really does rate Bishop.

If he selects Bishop and Sanders orSorensen in midfield, then he probably does.

If its Sanders and Sorensen he selects, he clearly doesn't think Bishop is relaible enough fitness-wise to be ahead of Sanders and Sorensen.

I think another issue is that with just 2 in midfield, MK probably needs both of them to be players who rat around and put their foot in etc. Not sure that describes Bishop necessarily? I wonder if he'll become a victim of formation and style as well as injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.