January Transfer Window | Page 10 | Vital Football

January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a whisper doing the rounds on Tuesday about a left back from Sheff Utd we were talking with. Don’t know any names.

I can see Edun coming back on loan given his flexibility at left back (Robson's struggles) and centre midfield (Virtue injured and Oakley-Boothe injured/not performing).

Wouldn't however see how Scully returns unless Garrick goes back, and Vernam perhaps leaves on loan for regular games in League 2. The situation this year is hopefully different to last, I would rather Vernam is given the games when we are in mid table mediocrity instead of giving opportunities to other clubs players when we can develop our own players.

I can see Edun coming back on loan given his flexibility at left back (Robson's struggles) and centre midfield (Virtue injured and Oakley-Boothe injured/not performing).

Wouldn't however see how Scully returns unless Garrick goes back, and Vernam perhaps leaves on loan for regular games in League 2. The situation this year is hopefully different to last, I would rather Vernam is given the games when we are in mid table mediocrity instead of giving opportunities to other clubs players when we can develop our own players.

Vernam is 26 and is probably as good (or bad) as he’s ever going to get. He ain’t going to develop any more, which is a shame as I’d politely suggest he ain’t good enough for League 1. Scully on the other hand.…

Personally I think Vernam is developing into a really good footballer and would like to see him given a run on the right. He played really well against Southampton and his dead ball kicking has developed to a very good level. His main weakness at the moment is the final ball on the end of a run (same as Diamond), but is that entirely down to him or the main striker and support players? Perhaps it’s something MK is working on in training 🤔. Who knows?

The decision that Kendall was not good enough for L2, is only Sutton's not ours, what are you thinking of for goodness sake, and get Jez George off the case please (club). Let him have his chance like Ben House,he's scored a great poachers goal for us, then sent out on lone, he needs a chance like anyone.
come on boys
This Jez George scapegoat thing is like the imps equivalent of the antivaxers or Biden laptop.

Personally I think Vernam is developing into a really good footballer and would like to see him given a run on the right. He played really well against Southampton and his dead ball kicking has developed to a very good level. His main weakness at the moment is the final ball on the end of a run (same as Diamond), but is that entirely down to him or the main striker and support players? Perhaps it’s something MK is working on in training 🤔. Who knows?

From memory he has no league goals, no open play league assists and is part of the forward line of the 3rd (?) lowest scoring team in the league. The fact he’s immediately back on the bench whenever Mandriou is fit speaks volumes. If his weaknesses is his final ball, do you really think that’s going to change after 100+ league appearances and at the age of 26? He’s part of the problem, not part of the solution.

From memory he has no league goals, no open play league assists and is part of the forward line of the 3rd (?) lowest scoring team in the league. The fact he’s immediately back on the bench whenever Mandriou is fit speaks volumes. If his weaknesses is his final ball, do you really think that’s going to change after 100+ league appearances and at the age of 26? He’s part of the problem, not part of the solution.

he is the nearly man. If he clicked he would be excellent but just doesn’t seem to fire. Perhaps it’s the step up from league 2 is just too much. You can see why he was exciting last season. Funny as of the 2 ex Bradford players I thought it would have been O’Connor who would have struggled but he is shaping into a league tidy one player.

As much as I’d like to see it, I think it’s pretty unlikely that Edun would make a return but Scully makes a lot of sense given we’re the only other club he can play for this season. I’m not usually one for the old boys club but I can’t think there‘d be any other two players potentially available to us that would give us such an instant improvement in areas we’re clearly in need of

It is actually a big window, and a precarious window for ourselves.

Last season given our league position we needed to invest a to get out of the bottom 4. This season despite being hard to beat, we are slightly precarious and it is a possibility that we could sink into the bottom 4. I don’t think that is being critical, but realistic with the experience of Mike Garrity departing and the potential of Ross Burbeary leaving. We almost need a similar type window to last to ensure there are no risk of falling through the trap door.

We are harder to beat in the main, but let’s not forget we have only scored 8 goals since the start of October. That isn’t sustainable longer term, and the defence can only hold on for so long.

5/6 needed in my opinion.

I'd welcome Scully back, not only for additionally firepower, but also for how he forms a partnership with our left back. I think he would make Roughan much better from the attacking point of view, plus provide the help defensively that Diamond is so hit and miss at.

I thought it was obvious we had bought him cheapish to provide squad depth. The fact that he was ahead of Garrick spoke volumes about Garricks performance on loan more than any progress Vernam had made.

I thought it was obvious we had bought him cheapish to provide squad depth. The fact that he was ahead of Garrick spoke volumes about Garricks performance on loan more than any progress Vernam had made.

I am not sure we ever really wanted Garrick, but maybe needs must at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.