January Transfer Window | Page 36 | Vital Football

January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think I’ve ever known a transfer window thread be so long with so little actual transfer substance or rumour. Oh well, at least it’s clicks 🙄🤫

What I was trying to highlight in that Tony is that we are not the paupers and little old Lincoln that people use as their comfort blanket as to why we don't sign players.

You have to listen carefully to what Kennedy says
We are not doing our recruitment with what's left over from the big boys in our league we are going head to head with them. Whether that's wise or unrealistic I don't know but it shows that if the right player becomes available we are prepared to pitch alongside anyone else and that the board are prepared to back DoF, coach or whoever is making the signings.

Now, persuading them to come here on 2 or 3 grand a week or whatever it is as opposed to going to Wednesday or Ipswich and sitting in their stands on 5 or 6 grand a week is a different matter and would be dependent on the player but we have a good fanbase, an excellent pitch and good training facilities so we have all the ingredients as to why players would want to come here but for whatever reason its just not happening in terms getting in the players we need that are going to influence a real difference in the position's we all know we're short in.

I have said before that this is not the window to re-build the team but you just can't keep going through windows and not improving your quality of signings.

My personal opinion is that our signings in the last few windows have been poor and that is now coming home to roost and we are going backwards and that is being shown in form and results.

Well see what the next week brings but it will be inexcusable that given our circumstances if we don't get someone who is going to make a real difference to the team. Namely at least one midfielder.
I think we’ve got the picture you say it every day, move on.

I understand why people still talk about Grant, and he was a really good, creative, midfielder (which arguably MA saw and made him better). I do think though that it was his combination with Edun that made the team tick. The interplay between the pair of them together really opened up the left side and unlocked a lot of teams. They developed a superb understanding and their movement off the ball, together, was easily Championship standard. Selling them off separately virtually stunted their skills, which for me says a lot about the ability of other managers/coaches/scouts to identify effective team players. Just my thoughts.
I think it's funny that other teams couldn't see that. Maybe it was a question of already having a player in the other position, and I feel maybe there were murmurings of interest from them, but I would've thought Posh might have tried to take Edun as well.

Macaulay Langstaff at Notts has been mooted as a potential signing, and I find it interesting that Notts signed him and his strike partner Cedwyn Scott from Gateshead, and they've both replicated their form. While Langstaff was fairly prolific between 2015-17 at Billingham Synthonia, he only really started being truly prolific when they paired up at the 'Heed. Smart move by Notts, and anyone taking Langstaff might do well to try and pick up Scott as well if they can afford it.

I think it's funny that other teams couldn't see that. Maybe it was a question of already having a player in the other position, and I feel maybe there were murmurings of interest from them, but I would've thought Posh might have tried to take Edun as well.

Macaulay Langstaff at Notts has been mooted as a potential signing, and I find it interesting that Notts signed him and his strike partner Cedwyn Scott from Gateshead, and they've both replicated their form. While Langstaff was fairly prolific between 2015-17 at Billingham Synthonia, he only really started being truly prolific when they paired up at the 'Heed. Smart move by Notts, and anyone taking Langstaff might do well to try and pick up Scott as well if they can afford it.
Might be wrong, but I think Posh did try and sign but Edun but he told them he wasn't interested.

Is this window quieter so far? By 24th January (since we returned to the FL):

2022 (6)
1st Morgan Whittaker (loan)
13th Liam Cullen (loan)
18th John Marquis, Brooke Norton-Cuffy (loan)
21st Jordan Wright
24th Ben House

2021 (1) Covid season
4th Morgan Rogers (loan)

2020 (5)
9th Max Melbourne, Tayo Edun, Tyreece John-Jules (loan), Conor Coventry (loan)
23rd Tom Hopper

2019 (5)
17th Cian Bolger, James Brown (loan), Danny Rowe (loan)
23rd Jordan Roberts (loan)
24th Mark O'Hara (loan)

2018 (4)
2nd Danny Rowe (loan)
11th Lee Frecklington
12th James Wilson, Jordan Williams (loan)

Might be wrong, but I think Posh did try and sign but Edun but he told them he wasn't interested.
Yeah, I had that feeling too. Things might've turned out better for both of them if he had gone, but maybe not. Posh are the classic yo-yo club.

Is this window quieter so far? By 24th January (since we returned to the FL):

2022 (6)
1st Morgan Whittaker (loan)
13th Liam Cullen (loan)
18th John Marquis, Brooke Norton-Cuffy (loan)
21st Jordan Wright
24th Ben House

2021 (1) Covid season
4th Morgan Rogers (loan)

2020 (5)
9th Max Melbourne, Tayo Edun, Tyreece John-Jules (loan), Conor Coventry (loan)
23rd Tom Hopper

2019 (5)
17th Cian Bolger, James Brown (loan), Danny Rowe (loan)
23rd Jordan Roberts (loan)
24th Mark O'Hara (loan)

2018 (4)
2nd Danny Rowe (loan)
11th Lee Frecklington
12th James Wilson, Jordan Williams (loan)
Rogers, Hopper and a few from 2022 apart, that's sobering indicator of the success (or not) of January window signings

Status
Not open for further replies.