January Transfer Rumours | Page 11 | Vital Football

January Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plymouth are in for England u20 Darko Gyabi on loan from Leeds, 6ft 5 centre mid, according to Pete O'Rourke.

Playing at Championship level probably a bonus and not sure how much we are in the market for CMs but you'd guess a player well known to Skubala.

I wouldn't, he was poor.

A wing back that couldn't beat a man nor his crosses beating the first man. Plus can't get in a team below us.
Personal opinion... possibly a better LWB option than we can at the moment field, but also that we might be able to do better. It's not as if we have a bunch of wingbacks whipping in great balls or beating people.

What he did at Hillsborough was probably more attacking intent than we see from our current ones! Direct, forwards, running at people, getting a shot off. I don't think we saw the best of him but I also don't really think his figure or style was particularly MK friendly.

boyes would be a better option than brown imo. If we can loan brown out. But…

If we want a more attacking left wing back in a 3-5-2 Hackett looked ok (against wycombe first time around), Duffy has also looked coachable to develop for that position.
Also, imo it would be a benefit to see us coach existing options, to fit what is required - rather than changing the squad too much.

same way someone spotted sørensen would be a more effective wing back than central mid.

If we want a more attacking left wing back in a 3-5-2 Hackett looked ok (against wycombe first time around), Duffy has also looked coachable to develop for that position.
Also, imo it would be a benefit to see us coach existing options, to fit what is required - rather than changing the squad too much.

Yeah I think for a modern systems type coach (which for better or worse is what the board want from him) a lot of it is as much about the players supporting the position as the player himself isn't it. So for a wing back in a formation like that if you can get the left CB or the DM slotting in well when the LWB goes forward then you can play a more attacking player in that position - so if they can learn to do that it doesn't necessarily need a squad change.

On Boyes - he was a bit meh for me. Didn't really have any outstanding qualities and I'd think there would be better on the market. If the talk about Skubala favouring a 4 at the back, I still don't see where he'd fit in.

Must admit when I just saw a post entitled January sales with a picture of Sean Roughan I had to look twice to see it was the kit they were advertising.

Skubala mentioned getting some experience in, in his pre-match press conference, but those of 26/27 with a good amount of games under their belt rather than 30+ year olds.

How many do we currently have in that age range? Jackson, Bishop, O'Connor and Hamilton?

Skubala mentioned getting some experience in, in his pre-match press conference, but those of 26/27 with a good amount of games under their belt rather than 30+ year olds.

How many do we currently have in that age range? Jackson, Bishop, O'Connor and Hamilton?
Aged 29, 27, 26 and 25 in that order.

Hackett is also 26.

Plus Adelakun and Walker are both 27.

Does that mean we're looking for some permanent signings? If looking for further loanees or short term deals it doesn't seem like it matters hugely if they're 26 or 30?

Does that mean we're looking for some permanent signings? If looking for further loanees or short term deals it doesn't seem like it matters hugely if they're 26 or 30?
I was thinking where we could probably do with a little more experience.

Probably not at CB because we have Jackson and O'Connor. CM we have Hamilton and Bishop but there's perhaps an argument that we're relatively inexperienced in there from a L1 point of view and perhaps with Smith only stepping up this season and Bishop not always available we might look in there (especially if MS wants to try 3 in there?)?

In forward areas we have very little experience available but getting a 26/27 year old in with decent experience would be an expensive one, even if only a short term loan?

To tell you the truth im surprised michael hasnt got any young players from Leeds so far mind you plenty of time yet

Mentioned it before do think we lack a bit shithousery/gamemanship within the squad.
A Shackell/Bostwick type at the back, Bridcutt in the middle and Rhead up top would really help the youngsters imho but I'm guessing experienced players will cost .
Can't be many squads in the division with no players over 30 like ours?
Good that Skubala would like some older heads in though, can't beat a bit of shithousery.

Absolutely as long as they're fit and have a decent level of experience that's what we're lacking in certain areas IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.