January Transfer Rumours | Page 16 | Vital Football

January Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I felt the referee at Peterborough had more of an influence in the final outcome
Think those two points could have been crucial, and following on from that the 3-1 defeat at Charlton, I dont think we put out our strongest 11 in preparation for the playoffs.
The Ref at Peterborough John Busby has not officiated in any of our games since says it all. Just a dreadful decision from a cheating player.
UTI.

Think those two points could have been crucial, and following on from that the 3-1 defeat at Charlton, I dont think we put out our strongest 11 in preparation for the playoffs.
The Ref at Peterborough John Busby has not officiated in any of our games since says it all. Just a dreadful decision from a cheating player.
UTI.
That game at Peterborough still grates with me which is why I hope we give then a major stuffing on Saturday and help to derail their bid for promotion.

UTI.
re: ‘cheating player’, where do you stand on the draper ‘dive’?

UTI.
100%. I think we would have gone to Charlton full strength, potentially won and then the mindset of Peterborough needing something at Doncaster would have been completely different. However, all ifs and buts, we can only influence the future.

I think Skoobs would prefer a more experienced defensive midfielder anyway. That way the two Ethans could play a bit further forward.

Someone like Bridcutt, sitting in front of the back four (when fit). Very hard to find though, especially on loan.

Regarding Grant, that was never really his role. And as the Chair rightly says, while his injury that play-off season was a blow, it wasn't what cost us an automatic.
Why would we want Erhahon to play further forward, his game is tailor made to be a defensive midfielder protecting the back four. He is hardly mobile enough to be a box to box midfielder and not tricky enough on the ball to play intricate one twos. His strength is to break up play by reading the game so well and linking play between the defence and more forward looking players.

Why would we want Erhahon to play further forward, his game is tailor made to be a defensive midfielder protecting the back four. He is hardly mobile enough to be a box to box midfielder and not tricky enough on the ball to play intricate one twos. His strength is to break up play by reading the game so well and linking play between the defence and more forward looking players.

I did say "a bit further forward" John. I just have a feeling (no evidence mind) that we will bring in an experienced defensive midfielder to operate just in front of the back four with the two Ethans just ahead of him.

In no way did i think Erhahan can be a box-to-box attacking midfielder, although he has shown on occasions he can shoot and score goals.

Time to step in Jules?
Well, that's another thread ruined and locked.

I've been in bed since I got home from work today, which was at about 18:00, and it is what I have been doing for the last month and a half. I am sick of this and many other things right now.

People really need just need to take a step back and think either "is this the right thread for this post? or "should I start a new thread for this post?".

There are some great discussions to be had, and it takes seconds to start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.