January Transfer Rumours | Page 9 | Vital Football

January Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a bit too similar to Draper and Moylan?

From Wiki re Mellon:-

He has been described as "a physical striker capable of playing with his back to goal and with fine scoring instincts".

I think I prefer the idea of Taylor - smaller with goalscoring instincts - which we haven't had at the club for .... a long while?
Mellon has better goalscoring stats than Taylor.

hopefully one thing we have learned from the first half of the season is that you need cover in the centre forward area. Draper unlikely to play every minute, moylan preferred position is Amf. All three would be unproven at L1 level.

If Taylor has a lot more pace than draper (and Mellon)(and Vale) I can see the sense in another little fella like Vale.

We must remember that Draper has been playing pretty much for the last 10 months without a break - 45 games in that time, which is a lot for any player. Asking him to play another 20 games is a tall order.

Agreed Scot. However all being well, we will have Draper, Moylan and Reeco available from Saturday.

Moylan played more of a House role during most of the Irish season, so he could alternate with Draper.

I've no idea what formation MS will move towards, but I can't see him playing all three. I may be wrong though. I just think Taylor at 5'9" would fit in better as an 4th option alongside those three than Mellon, who sounds a bit too similar to Draper and Moylan.

We alos have Makama if he doesn't go out on that expected loan.

Either way, I have to say I'm looking forward to Saturday now we actually have some forward options! (Watch Draper and Reeco be ruled out on Friday now as not quite fit.....)

What about Mateo Joseph on loan from Leeds - have some options then in supporting Moylan and Draper upfront with Ricco playing moreof a wide role in a 4-3-3 formation uti

Based on the teams linked that seems like an impressive piece of business when completed. Especially as Evatt is best mates with Edwards at Luton, they've had a few players from there and a few of the Bolton fans were talking as if Taylor was a done deal.

Hortin suggesting that Adelakun and Brown are two we'd look to move on in January (can't copy and paste the thread from Twitter at the minute).

Hortin suggesting that Adelakun and Brown are two we'd look to move on in January (can't copy and paste the thread from Twitter at the minute).
The thread almost makes it sound like (at least one of them?) might be pretty much done? 'Ins nearly always need outs' after mentioning Taylor and Draper.

Would be good to get a replacement for Brown/the player we thought we were getting at LWB, for LWB.

Status
Not open for further replies.