January Transfer Rumours | Page 10 | Vital Football

January Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big earners I would guess and we've been unable to get shot of Hakeeb for quite a while now. The Brown signing is an odd one, doesn't seem to have fitted in the plans of either head coach despite only arriving this summer.

Doing a bit of research, this lad is on 10k a week at Luton. i have no idea if its true but i'm guessing neither Colchester or Lincoln will be paying that kind of money,

Doing a bit of research, this lad is on 10k a week at Luton. i have no idea if its true but i'm guessing neither Colchester or Lincoln will be paying that kind of money,
Of course we won’t be paying anything near that. Which highlights the benefit to us of the loan system. Also highlights the fact that we could never sign a player like this as centre forward permanently.
(about to see if he looks like justifying the Luton £££)

Anyone remember Calum Connolly
I swear that ridiculous rumour all came from one of the dodgy websites that lifts wages from Football Manager games and then compares wage bills. They get posted on Twitter a bit.

The wages are then their wages at their parent club but just show against the current team, rather than there being any nuance to the wage contribution from the side loaning the player. And then they're very much best guesstimates anyway!

Big earners I would guess and we've been unable to get shot of Hakeeb for quite a while now. The Brown signing is an odd one, doesn't seem to have fitted in the plans of either head coach despite only arriving this summer.

Brown was a strange signing. Was never able to hold down a place at Wednesday either.

I've always hoped he just needed time to settle, like some other LBs we have had (Edun and Bramall come to mind) - but I've seen nothing as yet to justify his signing.

I'm guessing from transfermarkt.com? If so, take with a huge pinch of salt.

But still, as @nlondonimp says, we won't be paying his full wages anyway. He's being loaned out for experience. Luton don't need the cash with their Premiership TV money.

I swear that ridiculous rumour all came from one of the dodgy websites that lifts wages from Football Manager games and then compares wage bills. They get posted on Twitter a bit.

The wages are then their wages at their parent club but just show against the current team, rather than there being any nuance to the wage contribution from the side loaning the player. And then they're very much best guesstimates anyway!
Like the fee paid for Robson, Clive said on more than one occasion is was a fraction of the amount rumoured.

Status
Not open for further replies.