January Transfer Rumours | Page 7 | Vital Football

January Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm almost certain the O'Connor rumours were created by his agent to get him a new deal.
Totally agree, unnamed, multiple, mystery championship clubs. If Poole couldn't get a championship club when he was out of contract (rather than requiring a fee) as a more flexible defender who had been consistent for longer I'm suspicious.

Only thing that was weird is that they were 'poised to bid in 24 hours' which then seems quite easy to ignore if they then don't!

He's a bog standard, "head it, kick it" League 2 defender. Not much pace and has been caught out a lot.

I think that’s a bit of an injustice to O’Connor. Granted he’s not got much pace and that could be a real big issue for him if he wasn’t excellent at reading the game. He’s put in some top performances this season. However, if we are going to 4 at the back I think he’ll probably replaced, his hot-head doesn’t help.

Bit harsh on O'Connor IMO. He's probably not been as good as last season and granted he's been caught out a bit more, but I don't think we're at the stage of looking to get rid of him just yet!

He'd struggle in a four, so in that respect we'd have to replace him long term if that happens.

I think that’s a bit of an injustice to O’Connor. Granted he’s not got much pace and that could be a real big issue for him if he wasn’t excellent at reading the game. He’s put in some top performances this season. However, if we are going to 4 at the back I think he’ll probably replaced, his hot-head doesn’t help.
The hot head is a real problem. Struggles to keep his mouth shut too.
An OK player, but definitely wouldn't be my skipper.

Bit harsh on O'Connor IMO. He's probably not been as good as last season and granted he's been caught out a bit more, but I don't think we're at the stage of looking to get rid of him just yet!

He'd struggle in a four, so in that respect we'd have to replace him long term if that happens.
We initially played as a back 4 when Kennedy arrived didn't we? But O'connor doesn't have the pace, so we changed to 3 with wing backs.
Let's hope we're looking for defenders with pace.
With no rumours currently gawd knows who we're after. Lol

We initially played as a back 4 when Kennedy arrived didn't we? But O'connor doesn't have the pace, so we changed to 3 with wing backs.
Let's hope we're looking for defenders with pace.
With no rumours currently gawd knows who we're after. Lol
People are more than able to start a new thread to discuss things that are nothing to do with this topic...

Seemingly Sheffield Wednesday are looking to move Michael Smith out this window with a 'number' of League 1 clubs showing considerable interest.
I expect he'll end up at Derby with his links to Warne plus his wages will be probably beyond us, but if we were looking for an experienced forward to play in a 2 I'm struggling to think of a better option.

My mate's uncle's brother's sister's auntie's cousin thinks Mika Biereth is on his way to Sincil Bank.
The same has been said in Skoosh & Club 100 nightclubs according to my neighbour's son's barber's cleaner's partner's probation officer. Then again he is a pathological liar and closet codhead.

I think that's a good point- O'Connor has been part of a strong defensive set-up and is a great reader of the game with 3 CBs who all work together and sweep up behind each other. How he would work in a back 4 may well depend on who is next to him at CB

Any rumours? Assumed there would be a signing(s) last week but hopefully something early on this week

A number of the links from the last few weeks don't seem to have been resolved yet but I haven't seen a new one for a new days. I think the outstanding ones are:

Michael Mellon (striker from Burnley) he has been on loan at Morecambe, 15 in 27 across all comps, seen some (dodgy?) ITK accounts linking him to us and Blackpool. Rumours of recall from more reliable sources and another loan out.

Joe Taylor (Luton striker on loan at Col U) wasn't in the Cowleys' first squad at the weekend. Seems like the rumours of a recall and loan to League One are probably true, with a number of clubs including us linked

Todd Kane (Full back from Gibraltar with Championship experience) not moved from 'Manchester 62' yet and IMO I can see us in for a full back especially one who can play in a 5 or a 4 and both sides. The link is a bit odd but I think we're a weird one to throw in there with Championship clubs like Boro and Milwall if it's just throwing names at a dartboard... it wouldn't surprise me if we'd looked as a short term option.

There are a few other names I've seen but not from rumour mills just from speculation on Twitter or names dropped on here, which I'm not sure have much truth in. These include:

Georgie Kelly - Rotherham striker who hasn't done much there but prolific in LOI.

Jensen Weir - Midfielder with eye for goal who did excellently at Morecambe on loan last season from Brighton, but barely had a sniff at Blackpool and was recalled this season.

Lee Gregory - experienced striker from Sheff Wed. Not sure there has been much to this bar heavy rumours he is exiting Sheff Wed.

Last edited:
Not a surprise a lot of the linked names (with substance or otherwise) are strikers, and one full back... although hope we might be trying to add some pace to the side again. Our forward play has been quite one paced for a while.

The club are pretty good at keeping stuff quiet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.