January Transfer Rumours | Page 6 | Vital Football

January Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did he reckon Maurice Burton once wrote about him? Something on the lines of "Will City Reserves be at full strength or will Eyre play?"
Maurice Burton - now there’s a name to recall. Proper old school journalist who knew his stuff and used to write proper articles - AND knew the names of the players 🙄 - AND concentrated on football instead of music and every other sport under the sun 😡

Maurice Burton - now there’s a name to recall. Proper old school journalist who knew his stuff and used to write proper articles - AND knew the names of the players 🙄 - AND concentrated on football instead of music and every other sport under the sun 😡
He used to travel on the team coach to away matches, but despite that kind of access to club and team matters was never afraid to be critical.

I seem to remember he did also used to report on Boston Barracuda speedway matches.

Perhaps it is a sign of where we are with our squad that there are no rumours of anyone coming in for any of our players. Prior to this season we have always had to be concerned about someone taking our better players.
Looking at the squad can't see anyone we could really sell for decent money at the moment. Certainly nobody who a Championship club would want or top six League One Club. Can only think of House who is obviously injured so not in the equation really.
Obvious a club our size needs to generate funds whichever way it can and a lack of marketable players is a bit of a concern.

Perhaps it is a sign of where we are with our squad that there are no rumours of anyone coming in for any of our players. Prior to this season we have always had to be concerned about someone taking our better players.
Looking at the squad can't see anyone we could really sell for decent money at the moment. Certainly nobody who a Championship club would want or top six League One Club. Can only think of House who is obviously injured so not in the equation really.
Obvious a club our size needs to generate funds whichever way it can and a lack of marketable players is a bit of a concern.
I’m not sure that’s true;
Sorensen, Erhahon, Mandriou (when he uses his brain) and Hamilton have all shown they are very good for this level.
O’Connor and Wright had rumours in the summer. Jackson played at a similar level to him so far.
Bit harsh on the injured players to rule them out given how good House, Montsma, Walker, and Hackett have been when playing in their Lincoln career.

I think plenty of this squad will go on to play in the championship. In fact individually, based on talent, i don’t think any of our squad are out of place at the top of league 1 - just right now collectively it’s not clicking and the players confidence is rock bottom.

Anyway, anyone heard or read any rumours?
Jez George did make one comment that sounded like players going out on loan from us if that counts?

Would guess Brown, and Adelakun (once we have another in) as they seem the only 2 not getting regular minutes right now.

O’Connor and Wright had rumours in the summer.
I'm almost certain the O'Connor rumours were created by his agent to get him a new deal.

As for Wright, I'd not be bothered if he went. He only played in the pizza cup and recent years have shown how easy it is to get an excellent loanee from a Prem or Championship club.

Jez George did make one comment that sounded like players going out on loan from us if that counts?

Would guess Brown, and Adelakun (once we have another in) as they seem the only 2 not getting regular minutes right now.
Maybe Makama out on loan lower down the pyramid if we think Draper and Moylan are ahead of him and we get another forward in. Probably depends on what happens with Adelakun though. His wage will be higher so we probably want him out (if the loaning club pays all or most of his wages).

I'm almost certain the O'Connor rumours were created by his agent to get him a new deal.

As for Wright, I'd not be bothered if he went. He only played in the pizza cup and recent years have shown how easy it is to get an excellent loanee from a Prem or Championship club.

Would personally be happy to see O’Connor leave in January. Been our worst performing defender this season.

I agree cdhIMP, no self discipline, has got away with alot of off the ball stuff, I have sometimes noticed a don't care attitude with him, we have 4 other CB's who can do a good job for us, I would'nt mind Mitchell on permanent basis.
The above also applies to Mandroui.
Come on Boys

A lot of posts on this thread but no real rumours.
Hopefully next week might bring something.
At the moment seems more likely the Loch Ness Monster will be seen on the Brayford.

Last edited:
I doubt O'connor is going anywhere. His total lack of pace would stop him playing any higher. Probably a reason for his disciplinary record being has bad having to foul players who are faster than him.

Can we stop bringing players in who are already carrying injuries(Vale for instance), and I think Recco could go that way, hope not,but we will see.
Looks fairly promising with the ones we have in Draper and Moylan.Put these 2 with Hamilton, Erhahon,and our back 5 as at present and Jensen, Roughan.and I think MS is/has this player Joseph (loan) from Leeds. Looks good to me, a good starting 11for me.

Come on Boys and MS

Status
Not open for further replies.