JANUARY SALES | Page 100 | Vital Football

JANUARY SALES

I don't have a problem recruiting experienced players, especially in L1, you can't win that league without experience as we've proven in all three of our recent title wins (all of which were won with an experienced core).

The issue is that when we do go young, far more often that not we get it wrong and this needs to change. I don't know many worse than us when it comes to signing lower league players or players from Scotland. The happy clappers can no longer play the McCarthy/McArthur/Moses cards anymore, it's been over ten years! We got unlucky with a couple of the Cook players who ended up sold on the cheap due to administration but apart from them, I genuinely can't remember the last lower league/Scottish based player we bought for a fee who went on to turn us a big profit. That has to change if the club is to become sustainable.

So ... we haven't ever done this ... except for the time when we did it superbly when we were in the Prem ... and then when we did it a couple of years ago, and got kneecapped by administration ... but except for those occasions, we've never done it.

Fair do.

*Must remember to double check if the following played for us: Wildschutt, Grigg, Burn.

Earlier Talal tweeted a graphic of a tornado,then quickly deleted it.

Salem-Al-Dawsari scored the winner for Saudi v Argentina in the world cup., his nickname is El Tornado.

Probably absolutely nothing in it, but he's some player and it does seem like Talal would like someone in from the far east, given the goalkeeper connections.

Sinan looks like he's got a lot to offer.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if Sinani comes here. He is a very very good player and he doesn't play in Scotland.

What is it with the Scottish signings, they very rarely work and end up going back after a few months. The days of McCulloch and Teale are long gone. Scottish PREMIERSHIP sides actually sign players from the National League to be first team starters. Should stay away from the Scottish leagues. The good ones never go un-noticed and either end up in the premier league or at Celtic or Rangers.

Chelsea youngster Omari Hutchinson who plays in midfield is latest link on loan but West Brom also interested.

Also loan situation getting a bit crazy.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if Sinani comes here. He is a very very good player and he doesn't play in Scotland.

What is it with the Scottish signings, they very rarely work and end up going back after a few months. The days of McCulloch and Teale are long gone. Scottish PREMIERSHIP sides actually sign players from the National League to be first team starters. Should stay away from the Scottish leagues. The good ones never go un-noticed and either end up in the premier league or at Celtic or Rangers.
I’m totally with you who would want to leave proper football for a skint club in a pretendy league trying hard to be something they are not with a library for ground that’s half empty

So ... we haven't ever done this ... except for the time when we did it superbly when we were in the Prem ... and then when we did it a couple of years ago, and got kneecapped by administration ... but except for those occasions, we've never done it.

Fair do.

*Must remember to double check if the following played for us: Wildschutt, Grigg, Burn.
Wildschut - signed from a side in a higher league.
Grigg - signed from a side in the higher league
Burn - signed from a side in the same league

We're talking about players signed from lower league, Scottish clubs here.

*Must try harder

P.S Oh by the way, another player I forgot to mention, Jack Hendry. Yes, that's Scottish international and Champions League capped Jack Hendry. He used to play for Latics once upon a time, not that we'd have ever known it! :ROFLMAO:

Loans, loans, loans, freebies, bargain basement transfers. I am stunned how many are accepting of the inevitable fate. No intention of avoiding relegation and everyone seems ok with it, why? No ambition, from a 5 year plan to shutting up shop almost instantly. Look at some of the transfers of Championship clubs so far today. We are so far detached it's incredible. Trying to complete signings that a mid table league one side would make whilst the rest of the division strengthens.

Loans, loans, loans, freebies, bargain basement transfers. I am stunned how many are accepting of the inevitable fate. No intention of avoiding relegation and everyone seems ok with it, why? No ambition, from a 5 year plan to shutting up shop almost instantly. Look at some of the transfers of Championship clubs so far today. We are so far detached it's incredible. Trying to complete signings that a mid table league one side would make whilst the rest of the division strengthens.
Because we'll get relegated regardless of whether or whether we don't piss away money on signings. The more money we don't spend now, the more we'll have to budget for next season. You also fail to take into account that we are rock bottom of the league and thus no fucker wants to join us permanently unless they are shit.

Our only chance of signing moderately decent players are on loan, because at least they are willing to come, knowing they have the ability to fuck off in the summer when we get relegated.

Wildschut - signed from a side in a higher league.
Grigg - signed from a side in the higher league
Burn - signed from a side in the same league

We're talking about players signed from lower league, Scottish clubs here.

*Must try harder

P.S Oh by the way, another player I forgot to mention, Jack Hendry. Yes, that's Scottish international and Champions League capped Jack Hendry. He used to play for Latics once upon a time, not that we'd have ever known it! :ROFLMAO:

Wildschutt did bugger all with Boro over 2 seasons, so regardless of division, he falls into the category being discussed ... sold at a decent profit.

Grigg (likewise) did bugger all with Brentford, and he was effectively a League 1 player with MKDs the previous season.

Burn ... etc etc .

The point was about getting unknowns, and making summat out of them :shrug: