JANUARY SALES | Page 120 | Vital Football

JANUARY SALES

From what Maloney says, he's a positive influence both on and off the field. If the nature of his contract (ie either us or insurance are paying his wages) then if he, the players and the manager are all happy for him to stay, then I don't see an issue.

I find it hard to imagine that the Wigan players would appreciate his supposed “mentorship” role. Like he’s not a coach, he wasnt a captain with Crystal Palace, he’s always been a a distinctly average player who has spent the majority of his career warming a bench, and furthermore he has zero history at our club. His loan deal will be covered by insurance so we’d be much better off just getting rid of him than having some random lurk using our training facilities for rehab and giving useless nuggets of advice to players who don’t want it. If the players didn’t have a shit what Kolo Toure had to say (who was 50x times the player Martin Kelly was) I doubt they’ll want to hear from that nobody.

I find it hard to imagine that the Wigan players would appreciate his supposed “mentorship” role. Like he’s not a coach, he wasnt a captain with Crystal Palace, he’s always been a a distinctly average player who has spent the majority of his career warming a bench, and furthermore he has zero history at our club. His loan deal will be covered by insurance so we’d be much better off just getting rid of him than having some random lurk using our training facilities for rehab and giving useless nuggets of advice to players who don’t want it. If the players didn’t have a shit what Kolo Toure had to say (who was 50x times the player Martin Kelly was) I doubt they’ll want to hear from that nobody.
Such a caring response.
I expected it to mention Rwanda in the last paragraph.

And yet, with him in the side for most of the game, we kept our first clean sheet on Monday.

You asked the question why he'd stay around ... I offered an opinion. You obviously disagree ... no problem. I suppose we'll see what happens.

Perhaps it’s as simple as there’s no way the club can terminate the loan deal so we can’t send him back to West Brom. He’ll probably still be going there for treatment but he’s part of our squad until the end of the season (and hopefully beyond that after his performance on Monday).

Maloney is trying to bring a group together as well, he’s not going to come out and say he’s injured we don’t want him around the group anymore is he?

True Believer - you keep banging on about wanting to let it go and me persisting - yet this afternoon you have just made SIX posts, yes SIX on the subject of which I haven’t until this post responded to. With all due respect that isn’t the action or behaviour of someone wanting to ‘let it go’, quite the opposite I would suggest. You seem so far in the hole it appears you are carrying on in the hope of reaching the other side.

I’m not going to reply to each of the six posts as I don’t have time nor inclination, but I will address some of the points.

- You still seem unable/unwilling/incapable of separating fact from opinion. Re his pace it is a fact - not an opinion he accelerated away from two players. One fell on his arse. The other who was touch tight to him when he started his advance was about 3-4 feet away from him when he shot, regardless of whether he was marginally in advance of him. He covered more ground, plain and simple. This is basic maths. It is factually to say in those few seconds of running he therefore beat him for pace. Your opinion is irrelevant and wrong. Whether he says he didn’t think he could beat an entire defence is immaterial- your opinion, which is factually wrong, said he beat no one.

- Where have I said you are wrong to have an opinion? An opinion is fine when something is subjective, but when facts are available to determine the truth the opinion is totally worthless. It’s a concept you can’t seem to grasp.

- As for your judgement being called into question, well quite frankly yes it as despite facts proving you wrong you seem unwilling to accept them 🤷🏻‍♂️

I agree to disagree.

Sometimes a players personality can be beneficial for the dressing room. Some might make others laugh, some might be a mentor, some offer leadership. With Kelly's injury it'd be standard practice for him to go back to his parent club so the fact Maloney wants yo keep him around suggests he made a big positive impression in his first week and Maloney thinks his presence is helpful in some way.

Nothing lost as it won't make any difference to us financially.