JANUARY SALES | Page 94 | Vital Football

JANUARY SALES

Paul Kendrick

Very reliably told that reports of Latics having bid for Hibs striker Kevin Nisbet are well wide of the mark...long 26 hours ahead...any agent worth his salt will be throwing Wigan's name into the mix

Apparently Nisbet failed his medical at Millwall. So if that is the case his value will plummet it's just if a club is willing to take the risk.

8 goals in 8 games since returning from injury.
There is a debate about that and he scored at the weekend I’d have him as 3rd striker at celtic. Knows how to score and I thought Shaun would move for him pity he never got Porteous for 400k that’s a steal and heard Henderson at hibs has been rumoured cracking played will do well in the championship.

There is a debate about that and he scored at the weekend I’d have him as 3rd striker at celtic. Knows how to score and I thought Shaun would move for him pity he never got Porteous for 400k that’s a steal and heard Henderson at hibs has been rumoured cracking played will do well in the championship.

The thing is I can't see us offering much money for anyone. Swaps, frees, loans and maybe at a big push few hundred grand will probably be our budget.

The thing is I can't see us offering much money for anyone. Swaps, frees, loans and maybe at a big push few hundred grand will probably be our budget.
That bad not even a few million for someone ?
mid I were you I’d enquire about Welsh on loan from celtic done nothing wrong here just better players available and still has a chance to make it a loan would be perfect

Karim Rekik really looks the real deal going off his youtube clips

Always have to take it with a pinch of salt as anyone can be made to look good in clips. But he certainly looks comfortable on the ball and I am thinking that Maloney has accurately identified you can't play 3 'stopper' centre halves and expect to pass the ball out effectively in wing backs and that is what we've been doing previously.

He has targeted 2 centre backs who are comfortable on the ball to probably play right and left CB, either side of a 'stopper'.

If we want to not be hoofing it non stop or pressed into mistakes all the time it's something that needed to be done. It seems like he's trying to change the mechanics of the side to try and make wing backs more likely to work rather than it being a negative flat back 5.

But we are desperate for an attacking wing back on either side before the window shuts.

That bad not even a few million for someone ?
mid I were you I’d enquire about Welsh on loan from celtic done nothing wrong here just better players available and still has a chance to make it a loan would be perfect
I think if there was a budget available Richardson and Toure both would've spent it, so their lack of signings suggests it's just not there. So unless we are certain the Robinson sell on is coming in or we unexpectedly raise funds through sales I wouldn't expect us offering any significant fees unfortunately.

I think we are probably also looking at needing to offload players to free up wages. So I'm expecting us to try and move some players out.

Sky reporter on twitter says we made a bid for hibs midfielder Josh campbell, no knowledge of him myself but are we just raiding hibs players atm, seems like an easy logical story to make up considering recent connections

Another Hibs player linked. 22 year old, centre mid, Josh Campbell. Scored a hatrick and got 2 assists in his last game apparently. Source is a credible Sky journalist.

We need to get players out first not be a lot of movement unless that happens. All this talk of paying money. Is just paper talk. Who would come here for a fee and more than likely be playing league one football