January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts | Page 77 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts

My guess we wanted to sign him permanently (fee agreed) but he didn’t want to commit to that. I realise loans can have fees too of course.
Good thinking. Fair enough if he wants to test the water first.

It's been a quality transfer window for us so far.

With this, Rowe and Roberts coming in I think McCartan is now considered as more of a striker than a midfielder so Green has in effect been replaced from within the squad.

Just the ever elusive striker which sounded close on Tuesday, granted Jordan Roberts as a forward and is 6 foot 1.
See what happens.
Gives us 21 again but I doubt we'll see Sam this season and maybe Ellis going out somewhere.

Just the ever elusive striker which sounded close on Tuesday, granted Jordan Roberts as a forward and is 6 foot 1.
See what happens.
Gives us 21 again but I doubt we'll see Sam this season and maybe Ellis going out somewhere.
Cowley alluded to Ellis going out on loan somewhere as they want 25 games in him this season, which he has no hope of by staying at Sincil Bank.

We have so many now, every chance of promotion with this squad.
It's a squad where you could argue that every single player in it is good enough to start. What a great position to be in. Teams can be picked on fitness, freshness, form in training and with oppositions in mind - without weakening us. We patently ran out of steam last season and had a wafer thin bench - no danger of that this time around.

One thought on the incoming today is that I wonder if Freck's groin injury might be a bit worse than club are letting on?

One thought on the incoming today is that I wonder if Freck's groin injury might be a bit worse than club are letting on?

This would also prevent us sending Ellis out on loan as we need 1 club trained player in the match day squad and at present these are our only two. If Ellis is allowed out on loan it should give a clearer picture of Freck's fitness

This would also prevent us sending Ellis out on loan as we need 1 club trained player in the match day squad and at present these are our only two. If Ellis is allowed out on loan it should give a clearer picture of Freck's fitness
Dont think so as Danny was talking about Ellis on the right loan!

Stick Frecks on the bench injured I guess.

The squad looks like it will be a more competitive one for the 2nd half of the season. Something that Danny has always stated he wants. -small squad all good enough to challenge for a first X1 start. First half of this season it wasn't really the case, possibly due to wage budget constraints.

So with 5 loanees on the books now I suspect that any further business will have to be a permanent deal. Probably rules out Eisa and a few others unless we are going to make a serious splash in the market which is very unlikely methinks