January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts

Wish list :-

1. McCartan signed permanently;
2, Danny Rowe on another loan or a permanent deal - used sub on Saturday, I fear that one is unlikely to happen.
3. Someone else Irish on a permanent, to prove DC and Jez George's Sunday wasn't just for the Jamesons.
4. Luque back, deal extended to end of the season - raw, but I liked the cut of his jib.
5. Rotation of the loanees, ie all out bar Wharton and McCartan (see 1) and a new influx to keep the squad depth - noting they are unlikely to figure in the 2nd half of the season except in short cameos as subs; or as injury cover - and for that, we need better than the current crop.
6. Suprise and delight.

Norwood from Tranmere is mooted on the old thread.

I believe it is the law that if a rumour is said a certain number of times it becomes true so might be nice to keep that one burning over the Autumn

How many strikers do we need?! If we keep our senior players I'd rather see us target proper right back cover, competition for Anderson (Gordon may already be that) and another midfielder to ease the burden.

Don't forget though that January transfers take a while to bed in. I doubt we'll see miracles being worked.

Can’t see Norwood especially how well Tranmere are doing currently and he has a good infinity with their fans.

I think over the long haul we will need some more legs in midfield, a forward and a wide man.

Wish list :-

1. McCartan signed permanently;
2, Danny Rowe on another loan or a permanent deal - used sub on Saturday, I fear that one is unlikely to happen.
3. Someone else Irish on a permanent, to prove DC and Jez George's Sunday wasn't just for the Jamesons.
4. Luque back, deal extended to end of the season - raw, but I liked the cut of his jib.
5. Rotation of the loanees, ie all out bar Wharton and McCartan (see 1) and a new influx to keep the squad depth - noting they are unlikely to figure in the 2nd half of the season except in short cameos as subs; or as injury cover - and for that, we need better than the current crop.
6. Suprise and delight.

D C always delivers on number 6. I’ll addinto the mix a loan signing from Millwall (we know D C and Harris are close).

Definitely need proper RB cover.

I think a lot might depend on injuries. A fully-fit squad seems quite balanced atm.

Keep all our players.
Get a youngish mobile centre midfielder and clearly we need proper right back cover.

Mensah, Slocombe and Crookes to go. Gordon to be kept as a winger only. Incoming - cover for right back and central midfield. Maybe one extra winger - Rowe or Hawkridge maybe.

Can't imagine Norwood being a target. They'll be bigger Clubs after him.

Nor would (see what I did there...) Tranmere sell him to a fellow L2 side in January when they're riding high either.

We don’t seem to have enough players that are good enough to challenge for a first team place. This is unusual with Danny’s teams so far as my memories of the last 2 seasons were of a small squad, but everyone getting game time and putting in decent performances. This might be more noticeable this season because we are a side that are top of the league, so the standard required will be higher. A lot of our squad players have turned out to be purely 'back up' players. Perhaps we took a punt on them and with the Checkatrade in mind in particular.

Need to adjust things in January. I won’t name names, but a few going back to their home clubs that haven’t really added any value, but hopefully have gained some experience to further their careers. I think we need some proper winger cover, if we are going to play with wingers. Another central midfielder and right back cover.

Considering our league position, I don’t think we should consider any offers for our first team players in January. Need like for like replacements for any 1st team players that do go as well.

i wonder if blackburn will prefer to send wharton somewhere in league 2 where he will get a game every week?
in which case we will need another left centre back.

Think we lacked 'back up' players last season too mate, look how we stumbled into the playoffs and then the two playoff games , we were out on our feet and lacked cover big time then.
We definitely to tweak the balance of the squad that is clear.
At least we 're top and in the ideal place to attract players to get us over the line in the second half of the season.

We don’t seem to have enough players that are good enough to challenge for a first team place. This is unusual with Danny’s teams so far as my memories of the last 2 seasons were of a small squad, but everyone getting game time and putting in decent performances. This might be more noticeable this season because we are a side that are top of the league, so the standard required will be higher. A lot of our squad players have turned out to be purely 'back up' players. Perhaps we took a punt on them and with the Checkatrade in mind in particular.

Need to adjust things in January. I won’t name names, but a few going back to their home clubs that haven’t really added any value, but hopefully have gained some experience to further their careers. I think we need some proper winger cover, if we are going to play with wingers. Another central midfielder and right back cover.

Considering our league position, I don’t think we should consider any offers for our first team players in January. Need like for like replacements for any 1st team players that do go as well.

Hmmm..

Jul 28, 2018
Probably the strongest squad I’ve ever seen at lincoln (pre-season at least).

Aug 11, 2018

Great to see subs coming on and contributing. Must be the strongest Imps squad I've ever seen.

Oct 6, 2018
We have no divine right. But our squad is f****g good

Oct 15, 2018
I am a naturally cautious person but i feel we have the strongest all round squad in the league. It might not be the biggest but the quality shines through. Due to the great management team we have got i cannot see anyone stopping us this season.
We have a mix of skill, strength and fitness unmatched by anyone else in the League.

rehashing the squad - especially losing the two centre backs last january certainly disrupted us. we could do with keeping the first 15 or so as is, and slowly integrating an extra 3 or 4 of quality. it takes dc a while to get them fit and on method.