Ivan Toney | Page 4 | Vital Football

Ivan Toney

None. He has got rid of the best. Burn, Powell and Grigg plus he as only signed one decent player in James and possibly Williams and two others the Jury's out on untill he plays them right Moore and Lowe. In reply to your post though none have improved whatsoever.
I don't think you can say he 'Got Rid' of Burn and Grigg as the club got silly money for them whilst they offered Powell a better contract but he thought the grass was greener elsewhere! Hardly 'Got Rid'!!

I don't think you can say he 'Got Rid' of Burn and Grigg as the club got silly money for them whilst they offered Powell a better contract but he thought the grass was greener elsewhere! Hardly 'Got Rid'!!
Silly money is what Peterborough are valuing Toney at. Silly money is what Brentford get for players. We got rid of Burn and Grigg for a price but nothing like silly money.

Silly money is what Peterborough are valuing Toney at. Silly money is what Brentford get for players. We got rid of Burn and Grigg for a price but nothing like silly money.
Even the Sunderland fans called it silly money, and they think it even more now! ?

Grigg never wanted to go if your not happy at the club your never going to be happy ask Windass he is the same. Would Grigg have gone 16 games with us and not scored. Thing is. If some one comes in with cash we will never turn it down. That’s why we will sell. Joffty when the first tempting offer comes in We always have and always will And if it looks like we are on our way down it will be panic And sell

Grigg never wanted to go if your not happy at the club your never going to be happy ask Windass he is the same. Would Grigg have gone 16 games with us and not scored. Thing is. If some one comes in with cash we will never turn it down. That’s why we will sell. Joffty when the first tempting offer comes in We always have and always will And if it looks like we are on our way down it will be panic And sell

How many times did Sunderland attempt to sign grigg from the first ridiculous offer of £ 200.000 it was rebuffed numerous times until they panicked and went for £ 3 million plus hardley gift wrapped to the mackems.

With joffy not even grips dog knows the ins and outs of his deal the Express have quoted £5 million that will be what everyone believes coz a newspaper has quoted it .

Still only this clubs supporters can turn anything positive the club does and turn it round to a good old club bashing .

Rubbish, Grigg actually pushed for the move, as reported in the press, let's not make it sound like he was forced out! Believe the press rather than gossip!

How many times did Sunderland attempt to sign grigg from the first ridiculous offer of £ 200.000 it was rebuffed numerous times until they panicked and went for £ 3 million plus hardley gift wrapped to the mackems.

With joffy not even grips dog knows the ins and outs of his deal the Express have quoted £5 million that will be what everyone believes coz a newspaper has quoted it .

Still only this clubs supporters can turn anything positive the club does and turn it round to a good old club bashing .
Positive??? Selling probably the only striker we have ever had who excelled in the lone striker role.

John, I believe your memory is fading. Grigg was more than happy to go, his interview after signing confirmed that. He talked about being elated when he heard that the offer had been accepted and rushed over to get the deal done before the deadline. He also talked about being happy to come to a "bigger" club and to play in front of larger crowds. He was hardly pushed through the door as you seem to believe.

Silly money? Dan Burn cost Brighton 6 million quid. He’s played every league for them this season. He’s higher up the pecking order than Adam Webster, who Brighton signed from
Bristol City this summer for 20 million. Brighton got a bargain with Burn.

Grigg's current Sunderland stats for this season are -
15 Appearances, 10 as sub.
1 goal, 1 assist.

His total for Sunderland -
47 Appearances, 22 Starts.
7 goals, 3 assists.

For £3m, that works out at roughly £428,000 per goal, so far. Also that's in League One, so as a fair comparison here's his League One stats total at other other clubs -

Wigan - 86 matches, 44 goals, 9 assists.
MK Dons - 45 matches, 20 goals, 5 assists.
Brentford - 41 matches, 5 goals, 1 assist.
Walsall - 137 matches, 27 goals, 7 assists.

The way I interpret these stats are that whenever Grigg has had a dynamic attack where he's the focal point and he's settled/happy being the main striker, he does well. When he isn't, he doesn't. His best spell was between his loan with MK Dons and our subsequent signing of him. I do feel Grigg, in our team now, if we played to our strengths, would be a valuable player, but, with the stats arguably returning to type before MK Dons and ourselves, it seems like a good deal in the end.

Even though personally I liked the player, there's this obvious barrier to a higher level, despite his one-off performance vs Man. City.

John, I believe your memory is fading. Grigg was more than happy to go, his interview after signing confirmed that. He talked about being elated when he heard that the offer had been accepted and rushed over to get the deal done before the deadline. He also talked about being happy to come to a "bigger" club and to play in front of larger crowds. He was hardly pushed through the door as you seem to believe.
Not going to say in front of there fans he didn’t want to come

Wigan - 86 matches, 44 goals, 9 assists.
MK Dons - 45 matches, 20 goals, 5 assists.
Brentford - 41 matches, 5 goals, 1 assist.
Walsall - 137 matches, 27 goals, 7 assists.

How many of those goals were at championship level ?

I'll save you the bother 50 games at Championship level 9 goals

that's why Brentford got rid fare to say league 1 standard striker