Ivan Toney | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ivan Toney

I think his sub appearance against Brentford showed he isn't ready for a start yet, bring him on slowly and he will be a star for seasons to come, rush him and he will be ruined!
Thing is it wont be us he's a star for in years to come so best use him whilst he's a tic.
At worst for us he'll be off in Jan at worst end of this season.
Best we can hope for is a sale and loan back like Burn

I've said it on here before i don't think we are protecting Geldhardt very well at all, i think if anything we are doing the exact opposite by mostly only using him when we are behind in games, not playing well when his team mates are floundering and the pressure is on for him to save us. You can see it in Geldhardts game he is trying to take on the responsibility by trying to force a moment of magic out of himself as he knows his team mates aren't going to do it. He's trying to take on too many men, play passes that aren't really on etc, and when those things don't come off it's more likely to effect his confidence. For me the better thing would be to start him in the home games against teams we fancy our chances against and then the pressure is on him less to be our knight in shining armour as we are starting at 0-0 with 90 mins. Hopefully his team mates will be at the races and he can focus on being part of a team performance and doing the right things rather than being thrown on instructed to get us an equaliser and kick start his team mates into life. If all goes well he'll get a lot more confidence playing in that type of environment rather than the much more high pressure that comes when you are being thrown on staring down the barrell of a loss. In those games if he doesn't have a good game he goes off and a senior pro comes on to take the responsibility of trying to kick start us which is a pressure that will weigh less heavy on their shoulders than young Geldhardts. I think protecting him is not a terrible idea - but i just think the way we are doing it just isn't protecting him.

To be fair Norm, quite a few people in the pub after the game suggested Gelhardt hadn't played that well when he came on so Exiled isn't alone in her assessment and it's certainly not ridiculous.

Didn't play well ffs? He came on in the middle of a absolute car crash of a game for us what the f**k was expected of him? So much for the manager and coaching staff managing his game time, proper stitched up there was Joffy and should not be accused of not playing well.

Don't talk bloody stupid! Ridiculous comment of the year that.
Thing is if you had been at the game you would know it wasn't a ridiculous comment! He is already a name other teams know all about and when he came on was double or even treble marked! He was crowded out and knocked about every time he got the ball and really took stick which will do him no good at all

Didn't play well ffs? He came on in the middle of a absolute car crash of a game for us what the f**k was expected of him? So much for the manager and coaching staff managing his game time, proper stitched up there was Joffy and should not be accused of not playing well.

I don't disagree with you, I was just saying that several people commented on his performance, it's understandable why it was poor, but it was still poor.

Thing is if you had been at the game you would know it wasn't a ridiculous comment! He is already a name other teams know all about and when he came on was double or even treble marked! He was crowded out and knocked about every time he got the ball and really took stick which will do him no good at all

"He took stick" from who?

I don't disagree with you, I was just saying that several people commented on his performance, it's understandable why it was poor, but it was still poor.

Then those people should stay away from the DW, i hope you put them straight, i would have and showed them up for what they are.......Clueless!

Then those people should stay away from the DW, i hope you put them straight, i would have and showed them up for what they are.......Clueless!
So people cannot now have opinions? He was poor, and so we're the rest of the team!

So people cannot now have opinions? He was poor, and so we're the rest of the team!

I've asked once, what did you expect from him? What did Cook expect from him?
Did you expect Joffy to single handedly rip Brentford apart and score a hat trick?

What happened to Cook managing his game time so not to rush him, once again......What did Cook expect from the lad?

Garner looks like he is also out of favour now think the games we have looked good this season garner as played But yet again Cook sticks with his new men that can’t hit a barn door Next thing Gary Roberts will be playing

Garner looks like he is also out of favour now think the games we have looked good this season garner as played But yet again Cook sticks with his new men that can’t hit a barn door Next thing Gary Roberts will be playing
Get Garner on with Moore and a real winger and watch both of them flourish.

people moan when joffy doesn't get any game time then moan when he does even one critic on here said he should of been on at half time , others say he should of started

bunch of owd wimmin the lot of ya

Well the thread was originally about Ivan Toney. Good luck if they can rip some idiots off with that sort of money.
We had a better striker in Grigg yet we sell him for Three million and everyone was saying we did well.
Yet again it makes you wonder how Toney had have faired with a strike partner. Actually how good would many of our failed strikers have looked with a strike partner?

Toney was only 21 years old when he was here and maybe he was not ready yet to lead the line for a club with ambition on promotion.
And playing with 2 up front worked great for Nottingham, Birmingham, Charlton and Cardiff against us, oh wait we beat them... How is that even possible?

Toney was only 21 years old when he was here and maybe he was not ready yet to lead the line for a club with ambition on promotion.
And playing with 2 up front worked great for Nottingham, Birmingham, Charlton and Cardiff against us, oh wait we beat them... How is that even possible?
Oh well Swedish one if you're happy with the utter f'ing shite that we dish out that's up to you and you are welcome to your opinion but picking four wins out of our twelve in the last fifteen months FFS that's scraping the barrel. Twelve bloody wins in 55 matches playing your way certainly is working a treat for us. It's bloody boring as shite too. Just enjoy it if you like Swedish Latic. Plenty don't.