Ivan Toney | Vital Football

Ivan Toney

How many of our supporters will now claim they always knew he was a top player and the club were mad to let him go?

Toney showed a couple of glimpses of a good player for us, but nowhere near enough to make you think he would evolve into the player he has since become. I was a big fan from what i saw when we signed and thought he would be a great addition for us but by the time he was recalled in January his performances had made me completely change my opinion on him and was glad to see him move out.

I'm not sure if the majority of the credit for the improvement should go to the lad himself for upping his game or his coaches for taking him up a number of levels but he's undoubtedly improved massively and found consistency that he never showed for us.

Sometimes you look at a player do well after leaving and you think we screwed up royally but i don't think we did with Toney - if he stayed i don't think he would've become what he is now - whatever the situation was here it wasn't working for either party and i don't think it ever would have gotten any better - it was a bad fit and / or bad timing.

Club didn’t do anything wrong regarding Toney. He wasn’t good enough to lead the line for a team chasing automatic promotion at that time. I’m glad to see he’s developed since, always seemed like a hard worker and well liked within the squad I’m sure.

I did quite like Toney, he was decent, just young and inconsistent. That valuation is a bit crazy though!

Just another player to enter the strikers graveyard that is Wigan Athletic. Somehow we don't seem to be able to get the best out of the strikers we get, could this be down to poor coaching?

Perhaps we need to employ an experienced ex striker to help get the best out of them.

he is crap. But Peterborough know how too get a good price for a player.
Can’t wait until we let Gelhardt go to Liverpool in January for £6m plus add-on’s.

“We couldn’t stand in his way” - Jackson

“He’s going to a fantastic club” - Cook

“He should’ve gone to Everton” - Royle

Can’t wait until we let Gelhardt go to Liverpool in January for £6m plus add-on’s.

Aye, then immediately see him get loaned out to somewhere like Barnsley and bang in about 15 goals to keep them up and tripling his value in about 4 months.

Aye, then immediately see him get loaned out to somewhere like Barnsley and bang in about 15 goals to keep them up and tripling his value in about 4 months.
Name some 17 year olds that are regular starters please. I can't think of many over the years. It's just another excuse to have a dig at the club. Gelhardt is still a boy. Yes he needs game time to help his development but it needs to be managed carefully.

Name some 17 year olds that are regular starters please. I can't think of many over the years. It's just another excuse to have a dig at the club. Gelhardt is still a boy. Yes he needs game time to help his development but it needs to be managed carefully.

We can’t score goals from open play. One of the few we have was a fantastic goal from him. He merits more game time because the others picked ahead of him aren’t doing the business.

I think his sub appearance against Brentford showed he isn't ready for a start yet, bring him on slowly and he will be a star for seasons to come, rush him and he will be ruined!

So you are making stuff up to slag the club off.