Ivan Toney | Page 5 | Vital Football

Ivan Toney

I just say this if he had played 16 games for us this season he would have got more goals than these two who Cook as spent how much on

I'd like you to consider this, John, with an open mind and a slightly dispassionate view of the player.

The statistics for Will Grigg, at Championship level, simply do not reflect your opinion. As I say, I did like Grigg as a player and I do think we got away from what made us a potent attacking threat, however -

56 appearances, 9 goals and 5 assists. One goal per 6 and a quarter matches, give or take. If he maintained that same ratio, then he'd have 2 goals, possibly one assist. It isn't exactly way above and beyond our current situation.

The second part of my argument here is this - the way we're set up and playing is even less likely to yield the sort of chances Grigg thrived on. He rarely fashioned himself one out of nothing (but when he did, he'd likely score) and to get £3m now looks like really good business.

Was
Wigan - 86 matches, 44 goals, 9 assists.
MK Dons - 45 matches, 20 goals, 5 assists.
Brentford - 41 matches, 5 goals, 1 assist.
Walsall - 137 matches, 27 goals, 7 assists.

How many of those goals were at championship level ?

I'll save you the bother 50 games at Championship level 9 goals

that's why Brentford got rid fare to say league 1 standard striker

That really wasn't a fair reflection of my post and a bit disingenuous, the stats were a direct, league one comparison, which reflected his peak time (MK Dons loan and transfer to us) then his decline. My point was to say, as the other post relating to his goals and assists is that we did well out of that particular deal. As you're doing that in support of what I'm saying, I don't know why you'd resort to assembling a strawman, only to see it get set alight?

Was

That really wasn't a fair reflection of my post and a bit disingenuous, the stats were a direct, league one comparison, which reflected his peak time (MK Dons loan and transfer to us) then his decline. My point was to say, as the other post relating to his goals and assists is that we did well out of that particular deal. As you're doing that in support of what I'm saying, I don't know why you'd resort to assembling a strawman, only to see it get set alight?
No one saying. Grigg was the answer. What I’m saying he would score in 16 games Every one to there own thoughts. Clean one on one with the keeper Grigg would hit the net. 9 out of 10

But these two that you said were good. Can’t hit a barn door
One certainly can for his country, anyway your claim was that Grigg didn’t want to leave, you've been proved wrong, please feel free to admit your imaginary claim!

No one saying. Grigg was the answer. What I’m saying he would score in 16 games Every one to there own thoughts. Clean one on one with the keeper Grigg would hit the net. 9 out of 10

he's not even doing that in league 1 is he so to say he would at an higher level is just plain daft 5 goals in 28 apps at a lower level yet you say somehow at a level he has struggled at he would it the net nine times out ten incredible

One certainly can for his country, anyway your claim was that Grigg didn’t want to leave, you've been proved wrong, please feel free to admit your imaginary claim!

How has he been proved wrong? Provide something to back up your claim before gobbing off, and stop treating John like a bloody idiot, he's probably forgot more about football than you'll ever know!

How has he been proved wrong? Provide something to back up your claim before gobbing off, and stop treating John like a bloody idiot, he's probably forgot more about football than you'll ever know!
I'm not treating him as an idiot, just pointing out, as several others have that he came on and wrote nonesense! If he doesn't agree fair enough but I'm sure he doesn't need your dubious backing!

I'm not treating him as an idiot, just pointing out, as several others have that he came on and wrote nonesense! If he doesn't agree fair enough but I'm sure he doesn't need your dubious backing!

I literally give up; I feel like Billy Beane.

he's not even doing that in league 1 is he so to say he would at an higher level is just plain daft 5 goals in 28 apps at a lower level yet you say somehow at a level he has struggled at he would it the net nine times out ten incredible[/QUOT Doesn’t really matter I think one on one with a keeper

I don’t give a toss what think about me. The end of the season we will see who is right and who is wrong all I’m saying is these up front for us this season won’t score enough goals to keep us up all I said is that after 16games I’m sure Grigg would have found the net more than Lowe And Moore But that’s my thoughts. And you have yours

I don’t give a toss what think about me. The end of the season we will see who is right and who is wrong all I’m saying is these up front for us this season won’t score enough goals to keep us up all I said is that after 16games I’m sure Grigg would have found the net more than Lowe And Moore But that’s my thoughts. And you have yours
You keep avoiding the point, either deliberately or you have a bad memory! Your initial post claimed Grigg didn't want to leave, and was proved to be false! Obviously you cannot admit that you were wrong on this and brought other points up so as to not admit being wrong! Sad that you cannot admit this!

You keep avoiding the point, either deliberately or you have a bad memory! Your initial post claimed Grigg didn't want to leave, and was proved to be false! Obviously you cannot admit that you were wrong on this and brought other points up so as to not admit being wrong! Sad that you cannot admit this!
And how do you know that Grigg wanted to go. I say he didn’t thats all

And you are avoiding my question, how as John been proved wrong? Put up or shut up!

And how do you know that Grigg wanted to go. I say he didn’t thats all
Read any newspaper or listen to any radio report, Grigg pressed for a transfer, not Cook, not the club Grigg! Quite simple Google Grigg and wanting to join Sunderland, easy to do!

I think his sub appearance against Brentford showed he isn't ready for a start yet, bring him on slowly and he will be a star for seasons to come, rush him and he will be ruined!

Play Geldardt in a front two off/with Moore, get the ball to them further forward and a lot quicker and you will see a marked improvement in our goals for column.