Ins and outs 2023/24 | Page 24 | Vital Football

Ins and outs 2023/24

:p
---------------------------------------------------------
01/02/24
Dundalk F.C. Official website - OUT ... Ciaran McGuckin has joined Dundalk (League of Ireland Premier Division) on loan to the end of the season

ANDY RINOMHOTA - Cardiff City Midfielder…anyone.??
Odd one. One of top earners at Cardiff. Very well liked. Hard worker. Defensive MF. Blackpool, Owls and Huddersfield after him. Nice addition but not my priority. Do we intend to actually score a few goals this season?

As per Guy above OwlsTalk lads down in the mouth as they say Rinomhota turned them down to join the mighty Millers!!!! If true I'm loving it. Despite my reservations above I see method in this. AR and Christ protect the back four, win the ball and tell those show ponies Cafu and Clucas to start making things happen!
Having a medical at NYS apparently.
AR described by one Cardiff fan as "a league one clogger" and others as "dead wood". I beg to differ. Sometimes players just dont fit with a club. At Reading AR was considered a rising star. I hope he signs; could be a good fit for us.

Last edited:
As per Guy above OwlsTalk lads down in the mouth as they say Rinomhota turned them down to join the mighty Millers!!!! If true I'm loving it. Despite my reservations above I see method in this. AR and Christ protect the back four, win the ball and tell those show ponies Cafu and Clucas to start making things happen!
Having a medical at NYS apparently.
Not a done deal as of yet.
Fingers crossed on this one.

Darren Moore was interested in signing AR when he was manager at S6.

Get ready for "We can't be expected to compete with big clubs like... er ... Blackpool... Plymouth .... etc ..." :(
'Oh New York's deserted,
There's no one minding the store
And the ferris wheel ride
Isn't turning around any more
The heatwave and the crowds are just old news
But I still want some sand in my shoes.

As a glass always half-empty type of fan have to say I found it a very odd window indeed. Nothing whatsoever against any of the players signed but as a totality I found the window perplexing. GK is a talisman but I can see the logic in letting him go. TB was never given a chance and I still think he can be a very good player. Charlie Wyke could be an asset but I would have liked to see a bigger shake up in the forwards - unfortunately I suspect we can't offload. No idea what we have got in AR but I feel his signing was in the expectation of JL being sold. So far as I can see LR has not brought in what he said he needed, a creative playmaker and it's disappointing that at least three quality options preferred L1 sides to us. Femi seems a replacement for Dex and no idea if he's as good, better or worse: the enigma of AA remains.
I see it neither as a window that gives us a realistic chance of survival nor one that begins to lay the foundations for a rebuild. As I say not at all what I expected. :throw:

As a glass always half-empty type of fan have to say I found it a very odd window indeed. Nothing whatsoever against any of the players signed but as a totality I found the window perplexing. GK is a talisman but I can see the logic in letting him go. TB was never given a chance and I still think he can be a very good player. Charlie Wyke could be an asset but I would have liked to see a bigger shake up in the forwards - unfortunately I suspect we can't offload. No idea what we have got in AR but I feel his signing was in the expectation of JL being sold. So far as I can see LR has not brought in what he said he needed, a creative playmaker and it's disappointing that at least three quality options preferred L1 sides to us. Femi seems a replacement for Dex and no idea if he's as good, better or worse: the enigma of AA remains.
I see it neither as a window that gives us a realistic chance of survival nor one that begins to lay the foundations for a rebuild. As I say not at all what I expected. :throw:
I would like to think the 3 incoming players are all loan players and as such it’s to help our awful season out rather than a rebuild for next season.

The playmakers you mentioned are already there in Cafu and Clucas.
Charlie Wyke wont be the quickest striker we have.
He’s not been signed for his pace, he’s been signed for his physical presence up front and his previous goal scoring record.
I wouldn’t expect him to play 90 minutes of every game.
Plenty of options to change the line up if required.

I would like us to actually bombard the opposition area with quality crosses and let our strikers do the hard work and cause mayhem.
Ps. expecting a few yellow cards going C.W. way lol.

Could well be a turning point of the season but not building my hopes up too high.
February fixture list is absolutely daunting.

U.T.M.

Guy, I agree regarding Cafu and Clucas. My comment reflected LR's own statement that he needed to bring in a creative playmaker. I assumed he meant a MF but he could have been looking at a Lang type or a natural 10. Had we brought in a Femi Azeez or Aaron Collins alongside the three we got I would have been bouncing.
You make a very good point regarding a more direct approach. MT seemed to want a different style for which we lacked the players. The only fly in the ointment is can we achieve a consistent level of decent crosses? Can we even put decent balls in from dead-ball situations?