Ins and outs 2023/24 | Page 25 | Vital Football

Ins and outs 2023/24

Guy, I agree regarding Cafu and Clucas. My comment reflected LR's own statement that he needed to bring in a creative playmaker. I assumed he meant a MF but he could have been looking at a Lang type or a natural 10. Had we brought in a Femi Azeez or Aaron Collins alongside the three we got I would have been bouncing.
You make a very good point regarding a more direct approach. MT seemed to want a different style for which we lacked the players. The only fly in the ointment is can we achieve a consistent level of decent crosses? Can we even put decent balls in from dead-ball situations?
Play to our strengths.
We’re not going to outplay the opposition with quality play.
Cafu puts a decent cross in so does Sam Clucas.

Wide right needed addressing, never replaced Ogbene , Barlaser or Wiles .
Arvin Appiah can play wide right if necessary. ( room for improvement from him required.)
The young lad from the Blades I don’t know too much about him.
Wing Back right side with Peter Kioso behind him perhaps ???

Not sure what to think about the transfer dealings, although probably better than I was expecting. Still not much of a threat from us out wide - maybe we are going for a "wingless wonders" formation. (It worked back for Alf Ramsay... back in 1966!).

Still some questions ... who is our new "homegrown player on the bench" now McGuckin has gone out on loan? What is happening with Durose? What is the state of play with our injured players?

Not sure what to think about the transfer dealings, although probably better than I was expecting. Still not much of a threat from us out wide - maybe we are going for a "wingless wonders" formation. (It worked back for Alf Ramsay... back in 1966!).

Still some questions ... who is our new "homegrown player on the bench" now McGuckin has gone out on loan? What is happening with Durose? What is the state of play with our injured players?
Decision to be made on Curtis Durose very soon.
Cameron Humphreys back in training.

To be honest if he just stands in the box all game, keeps onside and puts the ball in the net I'll be happy!
Charlie Wyke is a ‘ box ‘ player.
Get him in the box and put the crosses in.
Don’t expect him to be all action chasing the ball down for a full 97 minutes.

Play to our strengths and hopefully Leam Richardson can get a ’ tune ‘ out of him and get him back scoring, or at the very least attempts on goal ought to / need to increase considerably.

A striker is only as good as the service other players put into him.

That is brilliant news. But away from that, Wyke coming in stopped me from being absolutely livid tbh. Anyway, The battle for player of the season can carry on being a 2 horse race, Vik and Morrison.
Craig, I know I'm an old miserabilist but for me this is not good news. We have lost £450K and now have a player who doesn't want to be here and who we have effectively replaced with AR and who will probably join Wrexham or Bolton for free when his contract expires in June.

Lee Evans, anyone? Free agent just released by Ipswich. Recovering from a bad injury. 29 yo highly-regarded MF. Welsh international. Has worked with LR at Wigan.

Lee Evans, anyone? Free agent just released by Ipswich. Recovering from a bad injury. 29 yo highly-regarded MF. Welsh international. Has worked with LR at Wigan.
Recent quote from Kieran McKenna…..

“ I think hopefully he’ll get a few games in before the end of the season and whoever takes him will be getting a very, very good football player, hopefully now free of injury, a fantastic character and hopefully now set up for some really good years ahead.”

Which player would you take out of the squad to accommodate him. ?
I think he’s still doing his rehabilitation at Ipswich Town atm.

06/02/24

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - BACK IN .... Curtis Durose has returned to the NYS. Latest loan spell at Scarboro' has been completed. What is the future for him? Could be our "homegrown player on the bench"... or go back out on loan?