Ins and outs 2023/24 | Page 22 | Vital Football

Ins and outs 2023/24

Cole Stockton, a striker often rumoured to be of interest to RUFC in recent seasons (although that was always denied by Paul Warne) has moved from Burton A. to Barrow on loan, after a fairly barren goalscoring spell... so cross him off the transfer rumour list.

23/01/24

OUT - Tolaji Bola has moved to Burton A. on loan to the end of the season.

Last edited:
One to get fans dancing in the streets. We have supposedly expressed an interest in Newport's Shane McLoughlin, 26 yo defensive midfielder. As well as Newport in last few seasons has played for Wimbledon, Salford and Morecambe. I can't believe this is a reality even for our fabled recruitment machine.

Reading having a bit of a fire sale. Rumour that they may be prepared to sell Femi Azeez. Player of the month in December. 22 yo. Can play wide right or as attacking midfielder. Figure I heard was £250k which I reckon a bargain.
Like the sound of him.

One move that seems to have stalled is GK's supposed loan to Gills. They have just brought in Josh Walker on loan from Burton and no mention of GK on their fans forums that I can see. A whisper I heard was striker Aaron Collins may be sold by Bristol Rovers to finance an incoming.
Perhaps it's a senior moment but I'm sure someone told me we were set to announce a new CH before the Stoke match.

Another rumour to throw in. We are apparently interested in Przemyslaw Placheta who is being let go by Norwich. Left winger, LWB, Polish 25 yo who has played 7 games for Poland. Sounds too good to be true? No, it's another RUFC speciality as the guy has only played 5 games in last two seasons (on loan at Birmingham) due to a stress fracture of the tibia.

Last edited:
26/01/24

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - farewell tribute to Tolaji Bola, who in the reporter's view, won't be playing any more games for the Millers. Still not really clear why he was out of favour for most of his time at the NYS. Good luck to "T" at Burton.

Last edited:
Been reading up on PP including the Norwich fans forums. The dreaded phrase 'injury prone' is mentioned. Seems he's very fast but doesn't have much of a football brain. I'd see him as a decent punt for a loan spell but if we pay anything like the rumoured £850K far too big a gamble. As Seb is staying I can't see how we would accomodate both PP and Cohen wide left. That said he was going great guns at Brum on loan until he got injured. On balance too risky imo.

Reading having a bit of a fire sale. Rumour that they may be prepared to sell Femi Azeez. Player of the month in December. 22 yo. Can play wide right or as attacking midfielder. Figure I heard was £250k which I reckon a bargain.
Femi Azeez played against us last season away at Reading.
The night match that we were 1-0 up at half-time and ended up losing 2-1 with a late goal. ( again ).
He came on at the start of the second half and put the free kick in for an Andy Carroll equaliser.
He played wide left that night , caused Lee Peltier all sorts of problems with his pace and he’s direct.

( A snippet of useless information )…..His younger brother Miguel ( midfielder )was on loan at Wigan last season but didn’t get too much game time.
M.A. was tipped to make the full Arsenal squad. ( mind you most young lads at Arsenal are tipped to step up from their U21 and Youth system, some fail to make the grade.

Agree Lindum , a bargain.
Sign his younger brother Miguel if he’s still at Arsenal and not on loan somewhere else ( abroad )……brotherly love and all that……;)

£1.2m out of our reach, Guy, but I'm still disappointed we didn't make a real effort to get Rarmani Edmonds-Green from Huddersfield.
Yes I agree about L.H.

A pity we couldn’t do a deal with Peterborough for Josh Knight.
Out of contract in June but Darragh MacAnthony will do his utmost to get him to sign a new contract.

( Peter Kioso plus cash to Posh. ) ???

30/01/24

Nothing on Radio Sheffield tonight about any Millers transfer targets... or outgoings.... time is running out.
Time ran out weeks ago mike.
Around the time the Chairman publicly announced that this season £2 million extra cash had been put into the budget.

Not doubting that figure btw.
Apart from a few games home and away the entertainment has been absolutely rubbish.
Not exactly a good advert to buy Season Tickets next season either…..:surrender::throw:

Time ran out weeks ago mike.
Around the time the Chairman publicly announced that this season £2 million extra cash had been put into the budget.

Not doubting that figure btw.
Apart from a few games home and away the entertainment has been absolutely rubbish.
Not exactly a good advert to buy Season Tickets next season either…..:surrender::throw:
Good points, Guy. My view, controversial as it is, is that the chairman has little grasp of the realities of football and that no one in the club is prepared or able to speak truth to power. £2m isn't much and basically it went on two players, Sam and Christ. The question in moving forward isn't simply net spend but the incremental improvement in the depth or quality of the squad. The chairman crowed in Spain that finally we had a competitive Championship side. Idiotic. We have lost Barlaser, Smith, Chieo, Icky, Wes Harding, Ben Wiles, Ladapo. Due to (to me) incompetence we allowed several £millions of talent to go for little or nothing. Ryan Giles goes for £4.5m to Luton and now on loan to Hull who have agreed to pay £5m in the Summer. We simply don't know how to wheel and deal and we have a structure of second-rate yes men at the club. I asked before Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? When the board of a club are not up to the job coaches and managers make little difference.