Hugo's Howlers | Page 9 | Vital Football

Hugo's Howlers

The question is more a one of what would taking the captaincy away from Lloris do to the dressing room?

80deg16minW - 3/1/2018 18:09

The question is more a one of what would taking the captaincy away from Lloris do to the dressing room?

I repeat, nothing!

Poch has five senior players he calls 'captains' lloris is Captain for his professionalism and dedication to the 'project'...

So Captain Hugo had 1 thing to do all night against the spammers, what a fine example he sets.

Again :26:

I would get butland in the summer.

Said we should get Pickford this summer but got laughed at

Sherwood said Hugo will be Gutted to get beat from there. Not sure he could have done any better. He did save us later with his feet though .

Kinygerbils - 4/1/2018 22:03

I would get butland in the summer.

Said we should get Pickford this summer but got laughed at
I wonder if after seeing his howlers against Liverpool you still think Pickford is better than Hugo?

He is having a bad patch, but bar De Gea there isn't a better keeper in the league.

Jack Butland was beaten at the near post by a Coventry shot that was no where as venomous as the one Hugo let in, Personally I wouldn't swap Hugo for either of those.

https://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/lloris-spurs-harm-good?utm_source=spurs-community&utm_medium=partner

Interesting read.

Lloris has been a question mark as you all know for me for quite a while. These figures could just be a blip and I try to evaluate each situation he potentially under performs. I do praise him when warranted also.

We are 5th in the goals against category without Vic, Toby, Demb for the most part and Walker.

Nick Real Deal - 12/1/2018 16:28

Lloris has been a question mark as you all know for me for quite a while. These figures could just be a blip and I try to evaluate each situation he potentially under performs. I do praise him when warranted also.

Only recently have you started to praise Hugo. Yet you will praise Sissoko when he makes a pass or tackle at every opportunity. Very bizarre behaviour NRD.

Out of interest who do you think is a better GK than Hugo in the Premiership?

Real Deal - 13/1/2018 15:06

Nick Real Deal - 12/1/2018 16:28

Only recently have you started to praise Hugo. Yet you will praise Sissoko when he makes a pass or tackle at every opportunity. Very bizarre behaviour NRD.

Out of interest who do you think is a better GK than Hugo in the Premiership?

I started praising him for balance and fairness a good year ago because I didn't want it to sèem like a witch hunt. His performance has to be reviewed overall.

Hopefully he'll make up for this blip with a barnstorming second half of the season. Match winning performance in FA cup final or a CL game would do nicely.

It's been a while but the flap and the failed clearance both led to goals so I am suggesting belong under the howler classification. Hugo is getting some flak from some quarters. But I have to give some balance on his recent number one rating in Europe as a keeper.

I still conform to the "Class is Permanent, Form is Temporary" argument with Hugo. In reality, his form isn't bad either. He's just made a couple of errors recently.

I'd rather talk about us letting Vorm leave the club. I don't think that is a great idea TBH. We've seen his cup performances this season and he's more than held his own. Looks like he's walking away though. I can try to get all confident about Gazzaniga, but in reality he has only amassed 80 appearances at all his clubs and is now in his mid twenties. Whilst still relatively young, I think it's a risk to think he can step up to be Lloris's backup.

Which leads me to the England GK situation. Looks like Foster, Butland and Forster, McCarthy could be relegated out of the Prem. You then have Hart retuning to City where he is unloved and Burnley ending up having to keep both Heaton and Pope happy. There's no way 6 of those English keepers will find first team Prem spots next season. Personally, I'd consider a couple of them to come in and replace Vorm if he is insistent on leaving. That would be a solid, experienced keeper and one of our homegrown spots filled.

I don't blame Vorm if he leaves. He needs to play. If he does go we need a replacement . I can't see any of the young England keepers playing second fiddle to Hugo.