Hugo's Howlers | Page 8 | Vital Football

Hugo's Howlers

This thread was already a joke, now it's pathetic.

Hugo was top notch, he produced world class saves and still gets slated for a 'howler' by the same poster who champions Sissoko.

I don't know why I am posting on this thread only to say what a joke. Hugo in 90% he produces not just match winning saves but as a sweeper he is as good as any. He is by far the best keeper in our club and in the top 10 keepers in the world if not top 5. Of all the players we shyness having a moan about Hugo would be last on my list. He would be behind the manager and coaches

Read my post again . I explained 2 of the goals and recognised he saved a lot . I also suggested perhaps he deserved an amnesty. How is that slating him.

Also how is suggesting Sissoko is not a first team player ( which I have repeatedly ) championing him ?

The purpose of the thread was to identify if Hugo is perhaps not as good as some think. Not a joke or pathetic. For me the jury is still out.

He wasn't nutmegged, Sterling whiffed, and the ball dribbled between Hugo's legs.

Howler 100%.

The DeBruyne goal was going about 200mph. He shoulda never got the shot off.

Howler 0%.

xvausch - 19/12/2017 23:02

He wasn't nutmegged, Sterling whiffed, and the ball dribbled between Hugo's legs.

Howler 100%.

The DeBruyne goal was going about 200mph. He shoulda never got the shot off.

Howler 0%.

Good calls.

Dr Bruyne is one of the best, he will get shots off. Hugo got to it which is an achievement in itself. I think he will be disappointed he didn't save it. I think he was trying to tip it over.

I honestly think Hugo is a good keeper, but not world class (top 5).

He has improved his footwork and distribution but imo is just a good- very good keeper.

Very pleased to have him as our stopper, but he will make the odd mistake, as do our outfield players. Being the last point of defense tends make these mistakes far more memorable and costly.
Also, there has, on most occasions, been mistakes made by our back 4 before, once the situation arrives in Hugo territory.

Good performance from Hugo today. Focussed and sharp. A little tippy tappy early on at the back when a hoof would have been better.

I held off and no specifics from me against the Saints. I don't need to.

He has though been slated by Spurs fans in general for his performance.

Big Chiv - 28/12/2017 10:35

How is he captain ?

Interestingly, in his book, Poch refers to three / four senior players as the captains of the team...who he would regulatory consult after a poor result and wanted to get his message across to the rest of the squad.

He also admits (as we've seen) to not being a loonytune on the touchline like some managers and uses half-time more than trying to scream messages at players during the match...

In short, Lloris is titular head for coin tosses...and conduit for messaging to players, not sure his 'captain; duties amount to any more than that.

This is quite an interesting point because the role of captain in football is variable.

Some captains it could be said have been instrumental in the success of teams over the years . Roy Keane, Bryan Robson, John Terry , Dave Mackay , Bobby Moore come to mind. I'm sure there are many more.

So if we had such a captain would it make any difference.?

Almost a penalty on a plate from Lloris last night - close to being a major decision making howler...

His sheen is looking a tad cloudy lately - needs to re-find his best form soon...

What's the point of Lloris being captain when the ref calls for Vert to give Sanchez his last warning. Lloris was not that far away was he ?