Hugo's Howlers | Page 10 | Vital Football

Hugo's Howlers

I don't blame Vorm if he leaves. He needs to play. If he does go we need a replacement . I can't see any of the young England keepers playing second fiddle to Hugo.

Most of the ones mentioned aren't young... Half of them are in their 30s.

I'd rather we had a younger English GK like Butland fighting Hugo for number 1 spot next season, but assuming he'd cost £££ and have guaranteed no. 1 spot offers at other clubs I'd happily take one of the other good English keepers on our bench. Our homegrown contingent is getting very difficult, and using up two non English squad places with backup keepers seems like madness if we can address it.

He looks a bit shaken these days, yes.
He makes mistakes and desitions that we didn't see him do so often earlier. Confidence is everything for a goalie and he seems to have lost some of that. A couple of good saves and clean sheets and he'll be back on track again.
He only cost us one goal today, the pen that wasn't a pen.

I have been judging him for years. Was never that impressed. Mainly down to distribution and falling on his arse and non penalty saving.

distribution is fair enough but seeing as the odds are always with a penalty saver I don't think this is a major issue... unless of course Aurier keeps giving em away every other time he plays

One keeper I think has almost 50 % save rate on pens in the PL. Can't remember who. It's an art, lots of research on players, mind games and reactions. Hugo is crap at it.

Best in Europe was Diego Alves of Valencia at 48.4 per cent. Hugo is not even in the top 50 in Europe. Best in PL was 34.8 % . My apologies.....He is still crap at pens though.

The number one GK for penalties saved in the PL is Fabianski with 3.