Hughton sacked | Page 6 | Vital Football

Hughton sacked

Be nice to see someone come in who displays a bit of passion like our friend Warnock, probably the best manger we nearly had. It would make a change from seeing CH standing impassively with arms folded or hands in pockets.

I actually do agree with this. I know flinging arms and talking well doesn’t have much to do with results, but when you are routed to the bottom of the league with 1 point and it’s atrocious to watch, nothing puts you in an even worse mood than the manager coming out passively talking as if he’s just watched a completely different game.

When a manager gets sacked I often feel sorry for them, but I'm afraid as nice a man as CH seems I can't raise any sympathy.
His record over a full year was dreadful and getting worse, some are citing the lack of quality signings as meaning he has been shafted, but while there might be a grain of truth in that this season it is not an argument that stacks up for last season as he had some quality players at championship level at his disposal.
The truth is he either alienated them (for whatever reason) and excommunicated them from the squad or was incapable of setting the team up to get the best from the others.
This season has gone from bad to worse, and the players were clearly unhappy with the lack of direction particularly when subs came on. The young players were in danger of suffering permanent damage to their careers having to play in such a negatively set up team that clearly lacked any cohesion or pattern of play.
I believe the club has been more than fair with the time he has been given to sort things out, but his lack of flexibility and motivational skills made this virtually impossible.
We will never know the real truth about the summer transfer dealings on the face of it he may have been let don somewhat, but whatever the truth is this group of players are capable of better than he was extracting from them. Be interesting to see how is successor gets on. The one thing for certain is that the players & new manager now need the fans to get behind them.

There's not a lot I can agree with in this post.

It assumes the the players are good enough, does not take into account inheriting a side in decline, cutting the wage/players and rank poor recruitment over the last 5yrs. Most of this season's signing came on the last day of the window and there was not a single forward signed..........

Recruitment wise they did shaft him

No striker was unbelievable and telling of their ambition

Can see the club being sold mid season
we had bids accepted fo sevral strikers, they didnt wanto play under CH who was bottom of the league. what sDM suposed to do, kidnap the fookers?

you lost me at rumour but its related anyway surely, it will take more wages to tempt them to a club wih a shit manager, style and league position and we aint going that road anymore. we want players who want to play for the club not the wage

Daniel Taylor said we wouldn't stump up an extra 5k a week for a striker currently with a prem team

In some ways that is fair enough but on the flip side they needed to understand the market they were shopping in rather than go for players they can’t afford.

Ultimately your league position and squad balance dictates your budget flexibility. I’d agree that in a buyers market we could try and be more frugal should we be in a healthy state, but a striker was/is such a necessity given our situation, that it’s frankly gross negligence not to have got one in if they were the margins.

Yeah. I agree mate. He can't talk about anyone. Has the first touch of a sex offender
That is one the best lines I've heard in years, so I'm stealing it!! I used to go with the old one, 'his first touch is so bad, that his second touch is a tackle'.

My old coach gave me the best put down ever at half time when I young too. The benefit of Scottish banter. 'Finbar, you were about as much use as a button on a sock in the 1st half, you won't be going back out in the 2nd' ..!!

And that was that

That is one the best lines I've heard in years, so I'm stealing it!! I used to go with the old one, 'his first touch is so bad, that his second touch is a tackle'.

My old coach gave me the best put down ever at half time when I young too. The benefit of Scottish banter. 'Finbar, you were about as much use as a button on a sock in the 1st half, you won't be going back out in the 2nd' ..!!

And that was that

Hahaha

Ultimately your league position and squad balance dictates your budget flexibility. I’d agree that in a buyers market we could try and be more frugal should we be in a healthy state, but a striker was/is such a necessity given our situation, that it’s frankly gross negligence not to have got one in if they were the margins.
It’s not that, it’s the fact that we went for players that we knew would push our budget to the limit. We may have gotten lucky but where was the sense? There are plenty of players about that could have done a job and would have been within budget but we didn’t go for any of them. I have no problem with us setting and sticking to limits but the lack of understanding of where it left us was rank stupidity.

I actually feel sorry for Silva. Had we signed a striker nobody would have batted an eyelid at him coming in. Now he is being castigated for not being the striker we need.

And that was that

I'm told Diakhaby's first touch from that televised game towards the end of Lamouchi's full season (vs Fulham?) just stopped travelling today.

It’s not that, it’s the fact that we went for players that we knew would push our budget to the limit. We may have gotten lucky but where was the sense? There are plenty of players about that could have done a job and would have been within budget but we didn’t go for any of them. I have no problem with us setting and sticking to limits but the lack of understanding of where it left us was rank stupidity.

I actually feel sorry for Silva. Had we signed a striker nobody would have batted an eyelid at him coming in. Now he is being castigated for not being the striker we need.

I do agree, and this again was down to a total lack of transparency from the board about where we were with budget.

I work in Coventry and 2 blokes there are season tickets holders and they said they released a striker this summer who didn’t get many goals but was really good in their team and absolutely bullied defenders. They couldn’t believe they just let him go, and more importantly, can’t believe nobody’s take a punt as he’s still without a club.

The guys name is Maxime Biamou. I know nothing about him myself. But from the style we’ve insisted on playing, why not get him in until the end of the season as a cheap low risk that would likely add a bit for us upfront?

My point with him is, why have we been so one dimensional about players? ‘Oh he’s not available… so I guess that’s that…’ they’ve tried to be so stringent on their new policy to the point where they’ll actively ignore viable options in a desperate position.