Hughton sacked | Vital Football

Hughton sacked

Had to be. The owners signed his death warrant by shafting him in the transfer window, but he’s also done nothing with what he’s had, improved none of our players, and failed to put on a single enjoyable game for the fans. For once, I don’t think you can file this one under ‘should have been given more time’.

He may well have conducted himself with dignity & diplomacy, but his lack of passion, tactical ineptitude and a staggering decline in the performances of the team and individuals, meant his position was untenable.

I have pretty much always been one for consistency & sticking by a manager (notably excluding McLaren, Megson etc) but, when he makes a substitution and the players don't know what he's done that's not what I'd expected of someone like Hughton.

Unfortunately, whoever comes in has a squad with rock bottom confidence that wasn't his picking - granted there is ability, but this is a big task.

Both of my teenage sons have seen more Forest managers than birthdays.

Good luck Stephen. I do hope they have someone ready to take over and not play the wait and see how Stephen gets on before searching out new applicants. Oh and please let it not be John Terry.

38 games to get 49 pts that's the target.

Recruitment wise they did shaft him

No striker was unbelievable and telling of their ambition

Can see the club being sold mid season

This is a nightmare. Can't see us beating anyone.

Our chances have just increased Jock!

Hughton took off Mbe Soh (not a RB) and replaced him with a RB after the second goal - terrible message to send - the GK was at fault.

Why not start Richardson - indeed why not play Fin Back?

Prior to that he'd taken off Taylor & Garner, bringing on Silva & Lolley... but moving Zinca into CM?

Another game where the midfield was dominated by the opposition & Hughton made it worse..... Yates & a few others stood asking Hughton what was happening?

You can't blame Hughton for daft mistakes, like that made by Horvath (who he nearly got caught out in the first half) - but you can point the blame at his selections, tactics & substitutions!

File this one under "biggest managerial disappointment ever" for me.
Expected this to be a very good appointment. Never dreamt it could be such a disastrous one.

Definitely - I was genuinely happy when he was appointed - it's been largely downhill ever since!

Agree with OKD re Hughton - we can moan at the board for lack of players, but that’s zero excuse for the performances and league position. It’s his tenure that’s made us so desperate for players.

I expect any coach would get more out of this group.

I have to say that I’m really hacked off we don’t have a replacement lined up. I thought that was a sure thing given this has been on the cards for so long!!

Agree with OKD re Hughton - we can moan at the board for lack of players, but that’s zero excuse for the performances and league position. It’s his tenure that’s made us so desperate for players.

I have to say that I’m really hacked off we don’t have a replacement lined up. I thought that was a sure thing given this has been on the cards for so long!!

How many would want to take up the poison chalice that is NFFC?

To be fair - we need to give them an hour or so.... as you say this was on the cards.

I actually thought hughton was going to smack soh when he ran past.

Garner has been poor . A samba sow in the middle would have improved this team..