Here we go! | Page 133 | Vital Football

Here we go!

Last I looked, AZ hadn't submitted their approval request to the EMA, although that might have changed since a fortnight or so ago.

Honestly, I find your tone on this petty, small-minded, cringeworthy and nauseating. People are dying. You seem to find that funny because the vaccines that could save lives have been bought by EU nations, despite the fact that the cause for slow delivery is AZ failing to deliver what they promised.
If we're waving the flag for the Oxford AZ vaccine being British (as some are / were) then those same people should be embarrassed that 'we' can't make what we promised we would make. Instead, you think it is funny for some utterly unfathomable reason. Maybe you can clarify your position because I just don't get the joke. Seems sick to me.
They have submitted their request to the EU.

So is the EU above criticism? We’ve all righty criticised the U.K. for PPE issues,

Why can’t you criticise the failure of the bloc?
I understand why we would want to criticise UK government failures given that it is our doctors and nurses dying as a result.

Why would we be interested in criticising the EU's efforts?

I don't see you expending a lot of energy criticising Brazil's risible efforts? Or Russia's?

Other than an extremely nebulous connection to brexit, where is the interest?

So is the EU above criticism? We’ve all righty criticised the U.K. for PPE issues,

I'm quite willing to say that they have been a bit slower than us and that there are problems in lots of places, such as France.

The big difference is that I don't take any pleasure in it.
Nor do I think that many of the issues are "because of the EU". Why on earth are you getting off on the AZ debacle? Seriously, how can that make you happy in any way? Bad things are happening in eu nations, lol.

I understand why we would want to criticise UK government failures given that it is our doctors and nurses dying as a result.

Why would we be interested in criticising the EU's efforts?

I don't see you expending a lot of energy criticising Brazil's risible efforts? Or Russia's?

Other than an extremely nebulous connection to brexit, where is the interest?

Because they’re our closest neighbours, their lives are important and it’s sad they are failing their citizens. I have friends there and their failures are putting their lives at risk because of bloc unity.
It’s really quite pathetic

The EU is a very strange phenomenon to hear the remainers talk. For decades the likes of Heath, Thatcher, Major, Blair, Cameron, May, Macron, Merkel, etc, etc, along with the big business, IMF and ECB haven't given a fuck about the working class but for some reason when they all get together and have a cup of tea in Brussels that's the only thing that matters to them

Because they’re our closest neighbours, their lives are important and it’s sad they are failing their citizens. I have friends there and their failures are putting their lives at risk because of bloc unity.

You are aware that we failed in the manufacturing process and our doses have been coming from the EU? If AZ fail to address supply then the EU could cut us off...

The EU is a very strange phenomenon to hear the remainers talk. For decades the likes of Heath, Thatcher, Major, Blair, Cameron, May, Macron, Merkel, etc, etc, along with the big business, IMF and ECB haven't given a fuck about the working class but for some reason when they all get together and have a cup of tea in Brussels that's the only thing that matters to them

this has shown them right up. Very sad.

Your friends on the continent pitied you first and longest

Sorry. Didn’t see this prior to posting
Full data packet submitted to EMA 12th and due to be approved next week.
Wow the EU works fast, huh? Let's give them a huge round of applause.

No, wait. It only took ONE week for the MHRA to approve the full package for the UK. So we work even faster! Hurray!
With that in mind, the two week difference on that particular vaccine makes brexit worthwhile!

But wait, the EMA approved Moderna on the 6th Jan while we had to wait until the 8th (and it will be a long time before we get it in any quantity). So maybe they are better than us again?! It's all so confusing.

So, contrary to what many said at the time, leaving the EU procurement program was arguably the best decision for many years as lives will be saved.

But if leaving the EU scheme for that was good...

Interesting day today.....

We have been doing an upgrade program for a German company for the last 2 years. The first drive of this years units was dispatched from the plant on Thursday arriving at EMA on Friday morning.
Normally that would have been delivered on Saturday morning, requiring no intervention from me.
Not this time.

The drive is still at EMA, and will remain there until it clears customs.

This morning required 3 hours of calls and document preparations that will eventually allow the drive to enter the country.
It’s likely it will take a couple of hours to prepare the exit documentation too.

We used to allow and charge one day to do the work, that was generally enough to complete the upgrade, prepare the reports, package and ship the drive back to Germany. One day will not cover the customs paperwork required now.

The thing is, the drive has no intrinsic value other than scrap in its current state, and 15kgs of aluminum isn’t worth much.
The upgraded parts will be free issued to me by the customer via the US, (god knows what documentation that will require), no sales value for us on those.
The whole import process is using the Simplified Inward Process......which will defer VAT and duty, assuming the goods are returned, repaired, within 6 months.
If not, then VAT and duty could be charged on the import into the UK.

And the current declared value for the import??? .......€0.01.

Next year should be even more fun when we add in UKCA.

This is not teething issues, this is the deal.........halved productivity at one stroke.

Full data packet submitted to EMA 12th and due to be approved next week.
Wow the EU works fast, huh? Let's give them a huge round of applause.

No, wait. It only took ONE week for the MHRA to approve the full package for the UK. So we work even faster! Hurray!
With that in mind, the two week difference on that particular vaccine makes brexit worthwhile!

But wait, the EMA approved Moderna on the 6th Jan while we had to wait until the 8th (and it will be a long time before we get it in any quantity). So maybe they are better than us again?! It's all so confusing.

Moderna won’t be ready until the spring.
what the EU should have done was prioritise approval for ones that are available like, now.
I’m sure the fact the EU approved a vaccine that isn’t available yet, 2 whole days prior to the U.K. will be a huge PR victory.

What the EU needs to do is organise another meeting to steer the meeting for the next available meeting to discuss this...

loololllollllol

For someone who has been doing all he can to trumpet leaving the EU, you do seem awfully interested in them, constantly posting on what they are doing.

Why dont you focus on your own country for a bit?

Damn those blasted EU bureaucrats for protecting the consumer. Yet another rollback of the protections provided by being in the EU . The UK will soon be known as Asda.

It only a matter of time before big business gets its teeth into worker and human rights whilst Bojo sits idly by and allows them to run amock

I see our very own Brexit pacifist has missed this post

They are no doubt liking their lips and why i was so disappointed with the lexits

Erm because we are not members any more
Cos our own country is facing any number of crises
There's two reasons off the bat

So, contrary to what many said at the time, leaving the EU procurement program was arguably the best decision for many years as lives will be saved.

But if leaving the EU scheme for that was good...
Christ almighty, do you want us to lick your balls or Boris Johnson's first?
That decision, as reported by those who were there at the time, was taken for all the wrong motives. Petty tub-thumping nationalism that plays well to a certain portion of British society.

As it happens, what might be described as a dangerous punt seems to have worked out pretty well for us. That has been acknowledged on here. Yet again, though, we could have done exactly what we did while being full members of the EU. Would we have? Who knows? Depends who was in number ten, I suppose.

Delivery is important. Because you seem to think we have done the right thing because it will "save lives", that all depends on supply and delivery. So far, so good. If our supply delivery falters, is that our fault? It is ridiculous to blame the EU scheme for AZ's manufacturing problems. It looks like they smell a rat. Luckily, they, like us, have quite a broad portfolio of purchases so hopefully they, and we, will be ok long term.

Your last sentence is a classic logical fallacy. You want us to extrapolate that because this EU scheme might not have been as successful as hoped then we are better off out. Garbage.