Here we go! | Page 1625 | Vital Football

Here we go!

This is a fantastic Brexit positive. More stringent checks ensure better quality. If it means people can have assurance that their food is of adequate quality and this costs a bit more that's definitely a price worth paying. Ofcourse I cant determine whether the costs to him will be that high and how much he normally absorbs-depends on his tax position. I assume thats a cost of business which is tax deductible

Brexit is ensuring we have better quality food-good news
You clearly don't understand the issue of today. At midnight, we started laborious physical checks to ensure our imports meet the standards we used to have before brexit. Over the last couple of years we effectively had no control over our borders at all wrt goods just out exports had checks imposed causing a significant disadvantage to British producers seeking into Europe.

The only difference is we now have to wait and pay for the privilege imposing massive costs over and above the inflationary pressures faced by other nations that will be passed on to us, the consumers. There's no accounting that can spin it as a societal or financial benefit.

This is a fantastic Brexit positive. More stringent checks ensure better quality. If it means people can have assurance that their food is of adequate quality and this costs a bit more that's definitely a price worth paying. Ofcourse I cant determine whether the costs to him will be that high and how much he normally absorbs-depends on his tax position. I assume thats a cost of business which is tax deductible

Brexit is ensuring we have better quality food-good news

erm that is clearly not true. it is exactly the same products before brexit only now with another layer of bureaucracy so it costs everyone more money.

can you explain the actual mechanism thru which food is now safer?

Labour MP Tahir Ali is apparently in talks to join George Galloway's Worker's Party (I'm gonna get in there before toms and label it the wokers party).

EDIT Scratch that it was just a lie
If that is how he feels, good riddance and I'm glad he showed his true colours in time to select a proper candidate to take the seat off him in a few months

Let's see how often Galloway picks up the phone to him when he's no longer useful

You don't need to. The new regs show that there will inevitably be cost for these people.
When Labour crap on the middle classes, which they will are you going to be sympathising with people affected. Doubtful

You told me we would be at the bottom of the heap. We aren’t. We are ahead of most, if not all EU nations. You are going to find people who will lose as a result of new arrangements.

We need to do this . We need to control immigration and we need to preserve some quality of life. This won’t be possible with millions more people who will come.

If that is how he feels, good riddance and I'm glad he showed his true colours in time to select a proper candidate to take the seat off him in a few months

Let's see how often Galloway picks up the phone to him when he's no longer useful
Galloway 's party will be able to outspin any of his opponents chap.

Ok: Food price increases in Europe and the US are irrelevant to this conversation. We are talking about cost increases as a consequence of Brexit which is specific to the UK.

Of course prices have increased elsewhere due to inflation. But here we have a business owner saying that his costs are going to increase even more because of Brexit.

Now your turnips have increased in price per the sack chap!
Cracking post chap!

This is what Labour will bring you. Big big council

TVFC
Hot news for the people of Birmingham, to be digested the day before local elections. Definitely not an electtioneering stunt.
Was the IT system £80m or £100m? Whitehall sources seem confused..

Isn't it incredible how you could easily think that everyone hates Khan?
The people of London seem fairly happy with him.
I'm surprised Hall is polling as well as that considering she seems totally unelectable. Goldsmith was the last fairly reasonable and competent candidate for the Tories but they ruined his chances with an appalling campaign.
It was like Tommy Robinson ran it and Goldsmith ended up looking like a racist, which I doubt he is tbf. This time they picked a real racist and will fail again.

I'm surprised Hall is polling as well as that considering she seems totally unelectable. Goldsmith was the last fairly reasonable and competent candidate for the Tories but they ruined his chances with an appalling campaign.
It was like Tommy Robinson ran it and Goldsmith ended up looking like a racist, which I doubt he is tbf. This time they picked a real racist and will fail again.
I haven't been paying close attention tbh. I don't even know who this Susan Hall is. Would you say its as much a vote against her as it is for Khan, or is he just really popular with a large part of London?

I haven't been paying close attention tbh. I don't even know who this Susan Hall is. Would you say its as much a vote against her as it is for Khan, or is he just really popular with a large part of London?

To be fair count bin face would be a more sensible vote than Hall. These local elections will be a disaster & weak tiny rishi will be gone. The question then is how long does his successor have before they have to do the honourable thing & call an election