• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't get me wrong, nobody would have forgiven Kane for leaving after sticking it out since the heights of 2017 when we got 86 points. We all know the CL final was false flattery and was within the downward trajectory of the club as we fell from 86 points to 60 points.

What he must realise is that he is absolutely no use to Ndombele, Gio, Dele or Gil in his current state. They all need a hard working, mobile forward, just like Eriksen and Dembele did. At the mom

ent, Son is way more important as he's always on the move and available. He is another one that shut down at the end of last season on his work-rate but looks to have picked it up again this season.

There were probably 2 or 3 moments against Rennes when we saw the Ndombele / Kane combo. There could have been a lot more. That was down to Kane not showing, not Ndombele who constantly looked for him.

You also don't kid a kidder in life. We can all see when he's pretending to go for a header with the centre halves and going in half hearted. That isn't what the old Kane did. You could buffet him all day.

I can get that but those players are know use to him. Not one of these players can pass with the range of Eriksen. Kane has come and become Eriksen instead of someone stepping up. Dele was never a good passer but got goals now he does nothing but run around. Gio and Tanguy have just flattered to deceive and Gil is just not good enough at the moment.
I think he has stopped working as much but it's been a slow downward slope. He has slowly gone downhill. Then you look his goal return last season when he g9the golden boot and most assists you think why am I knocking him. We can see though he is not the same this season. I think his head has left us and his heart is done because of Levy not letting him go.
I can understand what you say about Son but this season he has not put been the same. That lucky free kick and one shot against man city. Apart from that nothing. Our forwards are all looking shit. Apart from running around there as Benn not much to cheer about from any of them

I would go with 4-1-3-2 moving forward.

One of Skipp or Hojbjerg in the holding role allowing the full-backs to get forward.

Using combinations of Gil, Ndombele, Gio, Dele, Bergwijn and Moura in the 3

Using Son, Dele, Bergwijn, Scarlett in the 2

It doesn't really matter though. If you get the 5 ahead of Skipp or Hojbjerg working together, we will be a good team. Too much talent there not to be.

Kane can figure out from sitting on the bench or the stand whether he wants to be part of it. Eventually we might realise he is the one holding us back anyway.

Lloris
Tanganga, Romero, Sanchez, Reggie
Skipp
Gio, Ndombele, Gil
Dele, Son

That is a very good team.

It realy is'nt

I am going to be blunt here.

You've seen the best of Kane. I'll gladly swallow every dollop of the proverbial pie if he proves me wrong.

The damage is done. Nine months of low gear operation, poor handling of TW, tail between his legs return to the ire of many, City or any other club unlikely to be interested next window, we and he will end up honouring his contract. Only the fans lose out. IMO, he's not only pi$$ing off the fans but his team mates (Spurs and England) seem not too chuffed. Both camps have him as the un-droppable (captain) and the two managers are gutless for not running a meritocracy.

In his current mental and physical state, he ain't worth north of 100 mill. I await to hear what BS comments Levy will make re our DNA.

Unfortunately...this...been saying this for a long time.

I can get that but those players are know use to him. Not one of these players can pass with the range of Eriksen. Kane has come and become Eriksen instead of someone stepping up. Dele was never a good passer but got goals now he does nothing but run around. Gio and Tanguy have just flattered to deceive and Gil is just not good enough at the moment.
I think he has stopped working as much but it's been a slow downward slope. He has slowly gone downhill. Then you look his goal return last season when he g9the golden boot and most assists you think why am I knocking him. We can see though he is not the same this season. I think his head has left us and his heart is done because of Levy not letting him go.
I can understand what you say about Son but this season he has not put been the same. That lucky free kick and one shot against man city. Apart from that nothing. Our forwards are all looking shit. Apart from running around there as Benn not much to cheer about from any of them

Problem is, all his assists dried up after he gave up. He didn't get many at all in 2021. They were all before the new year. I tracked one game when he was playing 10 and we had a number 9, Vini, ahead of him. The same week, KDB and Thiago Silva had twice as many touches and passes as him playing the same position as them. They never stopped moving.

He might have tried to replace Eriksen, but he only did it in the first half of the season. That is because he only came deep centrally and not laterally. He wasn't mobile enough to play 10 effectively as he wasn't using his legs to find space. Without checking, I'm pretty sure Son ended up with way more assists in the second half of the season.

Kane is at his best when he is a 9 that has license to drop into 10. Even now. Dele is at his best when he can ghost into the space that Kane leaves. He pulls players out of position better than most. Son is at his best when you don't expose his lack of defensive smarts and just let him do his attacking naturally. Tanguy for me is the midfield schemer that can absolutely make things happen, like Eriksen. Gio is also a schemer that transition the ball superbly through the thirds. As for Gil, we'll find out.

I still say there is a lot of talent to work with if Nuno is brave AND players like Kane and Tanguy give a shit. We'll find out at 4-30pm when we tune in for the next instalment.

The trouble is Charlie shouted his mouth off about what their best offer would be, and it never was - they never went above 120 mill, way short of what the club clearly thought was adequate.

I think once Charlie realised his every word was being monitored it was too late - we'd but up the barriers and City realised they had an amateur in the mix.

That said, I do believe if we'd managed to secure one of the attacking targets we were so publicly identified with for the £75 mill or so we would have had to possibly pay, we'd have sold him regardless. But we didn't and so we're stuck with him, which in many respects is a million miles away from being a disaster.

But now, Nuno has to find a way to re-enthuse him and get him back to his best - and that may well mean getting hauled off more than some will like.

So at the moment unless we see more from Harry, I'm not certain keeping him was a blessing or a curse.

That said, unless we inject some creativity and soon, I'm not sure it matters anyway.

"So at the moment unless we see more from Harry, I'm not certain keeping him was a blessing or a curse".

Judging his performances so far, definitely the latter.

Watch Lukaku....he works hard, his hold up play is top notch....he doesn't need great delivery to be effective.

Yup just another painful example of our failure in not selling Kane when we had the chance. (worth 150...my ass! I would have taken 100 plus a player...fairly certain we had an offer in that ballpark. Now...shit we will be lucky to get 80...he keeps up this form...his value will drop like a rock)

His is in a completely different class to Kane. One that Kane can only aspire to.

So Chelsea tried for Kane but went for Lukaku instead. City preferred to not have a striker than to go for you. Next summer Mbappe, Haaland and possibly even Lewandowski will be on the move. Kane, the writing is on the wall that nobody really wants you. It's time to turn your career around and the only way you can do that is by putting the head down and getting back to being that hard working striker who never gave defenders a moments rest. That's what got you to the level you're at. Not this ambling around arrogant nonsense waiting to be served on a plate that we see at the moment. Kane as a leader? Give me a break.

It does make me wonder if we'd sold him how well we could have used that money?
If I may, I'd give a 2 point answer to that:

1. Had we sold him, I'd not have spent most of that money, may be get a young 'potential' replacement as I do believe that the team would've performed better and as a unit without HK. There were signs in pre-season and the opening PL game that the lads were adapting and enjoying their football.

2. I'd have waited until at least January window and reviewed matters as I am not yet convinced with the Fabio/Nuno combo. The former has seemingly zero PL knowledge and the latter being the 3rd/4th choice recruitment. There is no point in spending big if the coach you hired can not or (may not be able to) get a tune out of the squad. Even at this early stage, I have not seen any one of the newbies hit the ground running. Cue NRD for his comment about the inferior squad over last year.

If I may, I'd give a 2 point answer to that:

1. Had we sold him, I'd not have spent most of that money, may be get a young 'potential' replacement as I do believe that the team would've performed better and as a unit without HK. There were signs in pre-season and the opening PL game that the lads were adapting and enjoying their football.

2. I'd have waited until at least January window and reviewed matters as I am not yet convinced with the Fabio/Nuno combo. The former has seemingly zero PL knowledge and the latter being the 3rd/4th choice recruitment. There is no point in spending big if the coach you hired can not or (may not be able to) get a tune out of the squad. Even at this early stage, I have not seen any one of the newbies hit the ground running. Cue NRD for his comment about the inferior squad over last year.

It is way too early to judge Paratici. That is a 3 year assessment unless he royally naffs up which he hasn't.

Levy was involved in the Kane situation from all accounts so until that is resolved and that payroll capacity is being used effectively Paratici is not on the hook.

As far as Nuno goes...I think RD said some of these players are on their FOURTH manager. That's ridiculous and they will be extremely jaded.

It is way too early to judge Paratici. That is a 3 year assessment unless he royally naffs up which he hasn't.

Levy was involved in the Kane situation from all accounts so until that is resolved and that payroll capacity is being used effectively Paratici is not on the hook.

As far as Nuno goes...I think RD said some of these players are on their FOURTH manager. That's ridiculous and they will be extremely jaded.
We don't have a choice except wait and see how it pans out and hope your optimism bears rewards, but can I ask how many managerial changes would you allow Paratici before assessing him?! We've already done a U turn on our DNA promise as commented by our supposed 1st choice target.

We don't have a choice except wait and see how it pans out and hope your optimism bears rewards, but can I ask how many managerial changes would you allow Paratici before assessing him?! We've already done a U turn on our DNA promise as commented by our supposed 1st choice target.

I think the question that needs to be asked is how long will it take to turn Spurs reputation around within the managerial world? We aren't going to get a Tuchel or Ancelloti until managers are aware that Spurs have fixed their internal issues permanently and that means stability at the MD of Football post.

The club needs fixing first.

I agree with you but why do you think that?

My reasons are that Romero hasn't shown me anything and I don't have any trust in a midfield of Gio, Ndom, and Gill yet.

I have no faith in this team ,most of them are stealing a living and the others are just going through the motions. Very mentally weak and no desire for a real fight.

When we play the better teams ,were already beaten before we even step on to the pitch. Our non existent midfield are pathetic , that's where games are won and lost

[QUOTE="Critical_Spur, post: 3031528, member: 7120"Even at this early stage, I have not seen any one of the newbies hit the ground running. Cue NRD for his comment about the inferior squad over last year.[/QUOTE]

We had 4 CBs last season: Toby, Dier, Sanchez and Rodon. We've replaced Toby - who most agree was in serious decline - with Romero. He comes with a serious reputation. He's only played one PL match but it looks an improvement to me. Not with the Toby of old but with the Toby that left the club.

We've replaced Aurier with Royal. That's fine by me.

We've replaced Lamela with Gil. Lamela, when he was fit, was only ever a sub. Gil is already that.

Gollini looks a long way off lloris's class but he's still young for a keeper.

And potentially we have a diamond in the making with Sarr.

Overall, on paper, I think we have improved the squad. Of course, there is no way of knowing this at this stage.

The other thing about signing first-team ready players (not your point CS but it's in general discussion) you need a significant transfer kitty. If you look at our net spend we did well to get even one player who walks straight into the first team (Romero). And even he was a loan-to-buy acquisition.