• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay CS, you've thrown down the gauntlet.

According to transfermarkt.co.uk Tottenham spent £61m and recouped £29m.

How would you have spent the £61m on UK players? By all means challenge the numbers if you think they're wrong.

And we didn't just sign potential by the way. Romero and Royal are both starters. Gil has made a couple of sub appearances.

And Gollini, whilst a backup to Lloris, is arguably an improvement on Hart given the latter's age and decline.
While I am at it, furthr moan....

Wastefulness!

Clarke, who the fk sanctioned that moved (5 or 7 mill)?

Gollini - Do you think Pau or Gazza were any worse? did they get a fair crack?

Sess - how much?, bought and loaned back and then loaned out and still not a regular.

Foyth - I'd have kept him!

Now we pin our hopes on Sarr. By the time he returns, be interesting to see whom he replaces in the squad/1st 11.

We said we needed a rebuild because we rarely refreshed under Poch. All he did was potential and loans and most discarded without much of a test drive!

We need to give these lads time to adjust to life in England & the pace & physicality of the PL. To compare us to the likes of Chelsea for instance is plain silly. They have brought in the finished article, who can hit the ground running & they've paid a princely sum by doing so.

It does make me wonder if we'd sold him how well we could have used that money?

Whomever we bought, surely would they'd be more likely to give 100%, which is a good 35% (and I'm being generous) more than HK is giving.

A few posters used to think that a 50% fit Kane was better than a 100% fit anybody else. What we're seeing is a player that is not physically fit and more importantly, mentally distanced from what everyone expects.
This is definitely not a good place to be for Harry, the team, the Club, Nuno, Levy and the fans.

Nobody wins.

While I am at it, furthr moan....

Wastefulness!

Clarke, who the fk sanctioned that moved (5 or 7 mill)?

Gollini - Do you think Pau or Gazza were any worse? did they get a fair crack?

Sess - how much?, bought and loaned back and then loaned out and still not a regular.

Foyth - I'd have kept him!

Now we pin our hopes on Sarr. By the time he returns, be interesting to see whom he replaces in the squad/1st 11.

We said we needed a rebuild because we rarely refreshed under Poch. All he did was potential and loans and most discarded without much of a test drive!

Sarr's role is in direct competition for the places of Alli and Lo Celso. I cannot think of, an easier route into a first-team by dislodging one of these two.

Well, Harry Kane was born in England, and has played his entire career in the FA. Pretty sure he should be adjusted to the pace & physicality of the league, and comfortable in the country. 😂😁🤣

What HE needs adjusted is his attitude, and to realize he got bitch-slapped back into reality, and now should be working his ass off to prove what he said he was worth.

No one's complaining much about new first-year-in-the-league players around here. Yet. 😉

Part 1

My take on it is that you have to compare last season's squad with this season's squad. The transfers chess moves is only one part of it.

Last season's squad had - Hart, Aurier, Toby, Sissoko, Lamela, Gedson, Bale, Vini

Their replacements are - Gollini, Emerson, Romero, Skipp, Gil, John, Sessegnon, Scarlett

So everything Gary said above about guys like Romero being an upgrade on the departing Toby and the other switchws is absolutely fair. Where I worry most is that contribution we got from Bale and Vini. That isn't a slight on Sess or Scarlett either. Their time will come.

Part 2

Levy now needs to scrape together every last penny he can find and throw it all on a striker. Forget every other position on the pitch in January and go all out with a £50-100m bid for a young, hungry striker. Tell them that they are first choice and make sure they land on January 1st. If possible, go and find a second striker to bring in on loan and pay them more than they are worth.

Remove the dependency on the entitled one and then watch every other player in the squad start playing for their Chairman, MDoF and First Team Coach.

I couldn't agree more.

A Government is only as good as their opposition allows.

Kane has no opposition, and in his little mind, nothing to fight for. That must change NOW!

Levy has well and truly over estimated Harry by thinking he would return to the machine he once was, after denying his move away whilst he'd showed evidence of downing tools last season. Now Levy must fix this. Nuno must earn his keep by "being a coach" and getting inside Harry's head and showing him what we all see, and the consequences of letting this debacle continue.

Gary - us fans are the ones who are despondent with Kane

Still amazes me how protective of Harry the media are. There was a reason last week he didn't have a shot or a touch in the 18 yard box. That reason is "Harry Kane".

The sentiment from Neville, feeling sorry for him and saying it might not go down that well with Harry being put on the left. That is utter nonsense. We don't care what he thinks. If we thought he'd be mobile enough to play number 9, that's where he would have played. When Nuno put him there in the second half, he didn't even play there. He did his own thing.

I'm so glad that the thoughtful Spurs fans have so much more clarity on the Kane situation than the media.

Gary - us fans are the ones who are despondent with Kane

Still amazes me how protective of Harry the media are. There was a reason last week he didn't have a shot or a touch in the 18 yard box. That reason is "Harry Kane".

The sentiment from Neville, feeling sorry for him and saying it might not go down that well with Harry being put on the left. That is utter nonsense. We don't care what he thinks. If we thought he'd be mobile enough to play number 9, that's where he would have played. When Nuno put him there in the second half, he didn't even play there. He did his own thing.

I'm so glad that the thoughtful Spurs fans have so much more clarity on the Kane situation than the media.

Neville has some skin in this with that asinine interview he did with Kane. Admitting Harry needs to suck it up would be tantamount to admitting that interview should never have happened.

Which it shouldn't have, Nevill should have seen the damage it would do, he probably did but didn't care for purely selfish reasons.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/09/...-ace-was-gone-in-summer-but-a-deal-collapsed/

‘Can’t reveal any sources’: BBC Pundit says Spurs ace was ‘gone’ in summer but a deal collapsed

charles-jones.png

Charles Jones
49 minutes ago
Speaking on the BBC Radio Five Live Football Daily Podcast, Don Hutchinson has claimed that some sources told him that Harry Kane was so close to joining Manchester City this summer.
It’s no secret that Kane wanted to move and that City wanted to sign him, but based on what we know, the move never came to fruition.
However, Hutchinson is led to believe that the deal was actually closer than any of us were aware of, claiming that the deal was done but his agent failed to finalise the move.

What’s been said?
Hutchinson shared what he knows about Kane.
“I don’t know Harry Kane through his character or what he’s like, but what I would say is when you miss out on a move, that does affect you. I am 100% confident in knowing, and I can’t reveal any sources. He was gone to Man City at one point. The deal was done, the number was £130m, that’s what Levy wanted, but his agent, his brother Charlie, couldn’t get the move done. I’m not sure why it fell down,” Hutchinson said.
GettyImages-1235181130.jpg
Needs a new agent
These are the perils of employing a family member as an agent.
Of course, Kane giving his brother a job is a great thing for Charlie Kane, and it’s easy to understand why he’s got his brother representing him. After all, who can you trust more than your own flesh and blood?
However, Charlie Kane isn’t an agent by trade. He has one client and he’s never brokered a transfer move before in his life.
Agents such as Jorge Mendes and Mino Raiola, controversial as they may be, are masters of getting their clients transfers when they want a move, and perhaps that’s the route Kane should go down.

Part 1

My take on it is that you have to compare last season's squad with this season's squad. The transfers chess moves is only one part of it.

Last season's squad had - Hart, Aurier, Toby, Sissoko, Lamela, Gedson, Bale, Vini

Their replacements are - Gollini, Emerson, Romero, Skipp, Gil, John, Sessegnon, Scarlett

So everything Gary said above about guys like Romero being an upgrade on the departing Toby and the other switchws is absolutely fair. Where I worry most is that contribution we got from Bale and Vini. That isn't a slight on Sess or Scarlett either. Their time will come.

Part 2

Levy now needs to scrape together every last penny he can find and throw it all on a striker. Forget every other position on the pitch in January and go all out with a £50-100m bid for a young, hungry striker. Tell them that they are first choice and make sure they land on January 1st. If possible, go and find a second striker to bring in on loan and pay them more than they are worth.

Remove the dependency on the entitled one and then watch every other player in the squad start playing for their Chairman, MDoF and First Team Coach.

I forgot about Gedson. I actually liked him. He would have done well in this Nuno system.

Okay CS, you've thrown down the gauntlet.

According to transfermarkt.co.uk Tottenham spent £61m and recouped £29m.

How would you have spent the £61m on UK players? By all means challenge the numbers if you think they're wrong.

And we didn't just sign potential by the way. Romero and Royal are both starters. Gil has made a couple of sub appearances.

And Gollini, whilst a backup to Lloris, is arguably an improvement on Hart given the latter's age and decline.

Royal hasn't proved anything. He looks poor to me. Gets skinned every game I have seen him. Poor positional play and an average passer. I don't see any improvement on Serge.

Tanganga is hands down the best RB we have at the club. I would have rather saved the money and just have Tanganga and Doherty for a season.

Mind you I wouldn't have sold KWP and I wouldn't have signed Doherty.

I would have spent the 61m on one player if it meant 1st 11 quality. Neves.

Then I would have looked at a couple of loans. One striker and possibly a CB. I would have been happy keeping Vinnie for a season.

Lots of pundits are talking about our business now and all agree none of the signings are going to make any difference for a top 4 challenge.

From what I have seen they are bang on the money.

Spurs love wasting money on average players.

I have Hope's Romero and Gil will come good. I would chuck both in at the deep end now. We literally have nothing to lose.

Royal hasn't proved anything. He looks poor to me. Gets skinned every game I have seen him. Poor positional play and an average passer. I don't see any improvement on Serge.

Tanganga is hands down the best RB we have at the club. I would have rather saved the money and just have Tanganga and Doherty for a season.

Mind you I wouldn't have sold KWP and I wouldn't have signed Doherty.

I would have spent the 61m on one player if it meant 1st 11 quality. Neves.

Then I would have looked at a couple of loans. One striker and possibly a CB. I would have been happy keeping Vinnie for a season.

Lots of pundits are talking about our business now and all agree none of the signings are going to make any difference for a top 4 challenge.

From what I have seen they are bang on the money.

Spurs love wasting money on average players.

I have Hope's Romero and Gil will come good. I would chuck both in at the deep end now. We literally have nothing to lose.
I don't understand what your expectations are RD?

We're any number of players away from mounting a top 4 challenge. That was never going to happen this season even if we signed Neves. And if Neves was really available I think there would be bigger clubs than us coming for him.

Compare our squad to Chelsea, Liverpool, City and United. We're miles away from them even if we had a fully motivated Kane. And then when you consider Nuno is coming against managers like Tuchel, Klopp and Pep.

You yourself have been critical of the squad and Nuno so why would you expect us to be anything other a team fighting for top 6 at best?

I'd agree with you on Vinnie. I said so many times during the summer. Originally I thought we had a loan option for 2 years but read recently it was only 1. If it was the former it was crazy not to renew it.

I don't understand what your expectations are RD?

We're any number of players away from mounting a top 4 challenge. That was never going to happen this season even if we signed Neves. And if Neves was really available I think there would be bigger clubs than us coming for him.

Compare our squad to Chelsea, Liverpool, City and United. We're miles away from them even if we had a fully motivated Kane. And then when you consider Nuno is coming against managers like Tuchel, Klopp and Pep.

You yourself have been critical of the squad and Nuno so why would you expect us to be anything other a team fighting for top 6 at best?

I'd agree with you on Vinnie. I said so many times during the summer. Originally I thought we had a loan option for 2 years but read recently it was only 1. If it was the former it was crazy not to renew it.

Oh I agree we are nowhere near a top 4 challenge. I thought top 6 in the summer but I don't even think that is possible now.

With Son carrying an injury and Kane wanting out it's not happening.

My expectations on transfers are however completely different to Fabios. I have never liked buying overseas players only. It never works.

We needed Premiership experience. Even if it was one 1st team player with some loans I would have been relatively happy.

I still don't understand why Nuno was appointed. He isn't the spurs way and I'm bemused why some think he is all of a sudden going to change his philosophy.

There was clearly a change of plan in the summer because we were told by Levy a totally different story.

I'm getting Baldini/AVB vibes. I hope I'm wrong.

Oh I agree we are nowhere near a top 4 challenge. I thought top 6 in the summer but I don't even think that is possible now.

With Son carrying an injury and Kane wanting out it's not happening.

My expectations on transfers are however completely different to Fabios. I have never liked buying overseas players only. It never works.

We needed Premiership experience. Even if it was one 1st team player with some loans I would have been relatively happy.

I still don't understand why Nuno was appointed. He isn't the spurs way and I'm bemused why some think he is all of a sudden going to change his philosophy.

There was clearly a change of plan in the summer because we were told by Levy a totally different story.

I'm getting Baldini/AVB vibes. I hope I'm wrong.

We shouldn't underestimate the size of the project. I was crystal clear at the start of the summer that half our squad were 28 or over and "half of the half" need to go to repair the culture and get some freshness about the squad. Then we need to focus on U25's to rebuild.

OK, we didn't get as far as I wanted but I wasn't massively unhappy. Like you, my list would have included younger Prem experience as well as the profile of players we bought.

What I did discover though was that the budgets were tight. They were all dependent on Kane leaving. All we could do is defer a chunk of our transfers to next summer by doing loan to buys.

It's now all about what we do next. My January strategy has changed because of Kane. I now want us to bundle up every penny we have, including player sales and get a top drawer forward in. Kane is never holding me to ransom. He can sit on the bench and watch someone like Vlahovic bang in the goals or get his act together and outperform him. Either way, Spurs are the big winners.

We shouldn't underestimate the size of the project. I was crystal clear at the start of the summer that half our squad were 28 or over and "half of the half" need to go to repair the culture and get some freshness about the squad. Then we need to focus on U25's to rebuild.

OK, we didn't get as far as I wanted but I wasn't massively unhappy. Like you, my list would have included younger Prem experience as well as the profile of players we bought.

What I did discover though was that the budgets were tight. They were all dependent on Kane leaving. All we could do is defer a chunk of our transfers to next summer by doing loan to buys.

It's now all about what we do next. My January strategy has changed because of Kane. I now want us to bundle up every penny we have, including player sales and get a top drawer forward in. Kane is never holding me to ransom. He can sit on the bench and watch someone like Vlahovic bang in the goals or get his act together and outperform him. Either way, Spurs are the big winners.

The problem is we are never getting a player like Dušan Vlahović for 3 reasons. 1 unless we sell Kane we are not getting a decent striker. Any decent striker will look at games like last night when Nuno had the chance to rest Harry and play Scarlett, he still played Harry for 90. No up and coming striker will join us.
2 They will watch us play and see how many chances we create. No attacking player wants to play in a defensive side they rely on service and we don't create.
3 A up and coming Dušan Vlahović or a player of the same quality will have options and will always choose cl over ecl

The problem is we are never getting a player like Dušan Vlahović for 3 reasons. 1 unless we sell Kane we are not getting a decent striker. Any decent striker will look at games like last night when Nuno had the chance to rest Harry and play Scarlett, he still played Harry for 90. No up and coming striker will join us.
2 They will watch us play and see how many chances we create. No attacking player wants to play in a defensive side they rely on service and we don't create.
3 A up and coming Dušan Vlahović or a player of the same quality will have options and will always choose cl over ecl

I would have said that but English salaries rule. The PL is the place to be, hence why we had no credible offers from Europe's big clubs.

Do you not think the 10th biggest club financially can't get a striker. Maybe not Dusan as he's now very visible, but we must be able to land one if we have £60m and a decent salary offer.

I would have said that but English salaries rule. The PL is the place to be, hence why we had no credible offers from Europe's big clubs.

Do you not think the 10th biggest club financially can't get a striker. Maybe not Dusan as he's now very visible, but we must be able to land one if we have £60m and a decent salary offer.

We could have had Vinicius I think , unless something went wrong or the player didn't fancy it. I saw some good moments from him but he didn't really get a run in the side.
He was one I was in two minds about.